Got robbed >_< Need gun?

You don't need a gun, you need a brain!
Do you know what the value of a gun is in the black market?
Do you truly believe you could get robbed, and the criminals wouldn't take your gun?
Seriously? How dumb can you get?

I'd keep the gun locked up in a heavy safe as I said before. Please dont be rude. -_-

Gun: $300
Flashbangs: $200
Tactical training and time spent practising: $4000
The stunned look on the faces of your friends who decided to throw you a surprise party: priceless.

He wants to defend himself, not do a drive by and throw it. At LEAST Go Glock. And practice ALOT. Proper mental situational awareness and safety certainly wouldn't hurt either.

lmao...i was just throwing it out there...cheap for starters

I'd keep the gun locked up in a heavy safe as I said before. Please dont be rude. -_-

Concealed Carry permit. Problem solved. Quicker access in an unknown, possibly hostile situation similar to what you had would be better than coming home to intruders and realizing you can't accessyour safe without alerting them.

Ak47 tear them mothertruckers to peices. My buddy has the judge and it's a hand cannon for sure it fires 420 shotgun shells as well. But you need something that holds more rounds.

I would go with a springfield .45 with an extended clip. Also would be wise to get yourself a couple good knives.

Last edited:
In my old neighborhood where I used to live in, which was in a good location, my neighbor's house was broken into while he was not home. They took his TV, jewelry, etc.. He then got signed up with ADT and installed 2 cameras in his front and backyard. This was back in 2002. His house got broken into again 2 years later while he was home. He was tied up and pistol whipped and now he can barely see out of his left eye.

xdm_45-tfb.jpg

tmp_springfield_xdm_45_1-tfb.jpg

Last edited:
Ak47 tear them mothertruckers to peices. My buddy has the judge and it's a hand cannon for sure it fires 420 shotgun shells as well. But you need something that holds more rounds.

I would go with a springfield .45 with an extended clip. Also would be wise to get yourself a couple good knifes.

Wait...So I can get some extended mags for my XD? ^^^Shouldve dropped the extra $90 on the XDM. Sigh.

Last edited:
I think getting a gun for this is pretty dumb. If you keep your guns at home, it's just one more thing that will get stolen next time. They are only effective if you have them on you. If the guns are in your home, they could even use them against you if you break in on them. Also, self defense laws are fucked up. If you shoot and kill a home invader, be prepared to have a self defense story that they were trying to kill you, not just rob you. I disagree with this stance, but that's how the law works. One other thing, I actually doubt the home invaders are packing guns or knifes themselves. They might have some blunt instrument that helped them break in or a knife from your home, but unlikely anything else. My guess is they plan on just not getting caught. They never planned on you ever catching them. They also would probably just run if you did catch them.

Best home defense you can get is a security system. The next best home defense is a big dog. Dogs are very protective, and they will bark at intruders. These two are far more likely to prevent a break in from happening, so they are much better. In the situation you described, a gun would have done you nothing, because they were already gone.

I agree with this only I'd reverse the order. A rottie or a mastiff will usually keep people out of your home. A security system will usually just let you and police know someone got into your home about four minutes ago.

I'll echo the sentiments here that this a poor precedent for gun ownership. If you feel like a gun is something you want/need in your life, there are many many factors to consider. Just a few include:

What state do I live in? Regulations on personal carry, ammo/mag regs, "assault weapon" definitions all come into play.

What are my living quarters like? Most rounds are going through an common house or apartment complex interior wall to fuck up what's on the other side. Do you have the space to use a rifle or shotgun without telegraphing around corners?

Am I disciplined enough for what this truly entails? Owning a gun means that the gun is now the most important thing in your home. It must be secured beyond anything else you have. Quality (read: acceptable) gun safes and locks aren't cheap. And some aren't very practical. Before my career change, I decided against gun ownership as a policy of eschewing as much responsibility as possible.

Who do I live with? Wife gonna pitch a fit? Psycho girlfriend going to have access or likely to make false allegations of gun threats? Think about how old you were when you discovered your dad's Playboys by snooping around. That's about when you should start having a serious discussion with your kid about guns. In the years leading up to that, you have to raise your kids to ready for that talk by that time.

If you have any friends who are cops, military or hunters, pick their brains and make a journal of what they tell you. Some shit will contradict. Some shit just won't sound right. Some shit will sound really cool. Take the time to figure that shit out because there is no gospel by word of mouth and a lot of it is subjective to individual difference.

Your guns would have totally saved your life even thought you weren't home!

I agree with this only I'd reverse the order. A rottie or a mastiff will usually keep people out of your home. A security system will usually just let you and police know someone got into your home about four minutes ago.

I'll echo the sentiments here that this a poor precedent for gun ownership. If you feel like a gun is something you want/need in your life, there are many many factors to consider. Just a few include:

What state do I live in? Regulations on personal carry, ammo/mag regs, "assault weapon" definitions all come into play.

What are my living quarters like? Most rounds are going through an common house or apartment complex interior wall to fuck up what's on the other side. Do you have the space to use a rifle or shotgun without telegraphing around corners?

Am I disciplined enough for what this truly entails? Owning a gun means that the gun is now the most important thing in your home. It must be secured beyond anything else you have. Quality (read: acceptable) gun safes and locks aren't cheap. And some aren't very practical. Before my career change, I decided against gun ownership as a policy of eschewing as much responsibility as possible.

Who do I live with? Wife gonna pitch a fit? Psycho girlfriend going to have access or likely to make false allegations of gun threats? Think about how old you were when you discovered your dad's Playboys by snooping around. That's about when you should start having a serious discussion with your kid about guns. In the years leading up to that, you have to raise your kids to ready for that talk by that time.

If you have any friends who are cops, military or hunters, pick their brains and make a journal of what they tell you. Some shit will contradict. Some shit just won't sound right. Some shit will sound really cool. Take the time to figure that shit out because there is no gospel by word of mouth and a lot of it is subjective to individual difference.

Most home security systems come with a sign you put in the lawn saying home protected by (Insert Company Name). It would take a real dumb fuck to try to break into your place with that sign out front, but I guess it's possible they could overlook it. Then they are really dumb. It's highly unlikely any highly intelligent thieves that could get past your security system would rob you unless you are filthy rich, but guns wouldn't stop them either. They'd have bigger guns and back up.

Really, any medium sized to large dog is fine home defense. Their bark is actually more important than their ability to fight. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, the dog's barking will deter most thieves from fear of getting caught. There are also numerous dogs that I wouldn't want to mess with in combat, even some medium sized dogs are fast and strong enough to at least bite you good once.

My whole thing on this is I think you are buying a gun for the wrong reason. You should get a gun if you really want it, but you really need to do more research about it. The options I mentioned are better for defending in the situation your described.

Most home security systems come with a sign you put in the lawn saying home protected by (Insert Company Name). It would take a real dumb fuck to try to break into your place with that sign out front, but I guess it's possible they could overlook it. Then they are really dumb. It's highly unlikely any highly intelligent thieves that could get past your security system would rob you unless you are filthy rich, but guns wouldn't stop them either. They'd have bigger guns and back up.

Generally, people who break into a house to steal your PS3 and trade it for meth aren't doing so on their days off from NASA. And there's big difference between "intelligent" and "crafty." I had a case where a kid noticed the duck hunting stickers on his neighbor's boat and realized "He hunts. With guns. Guns in the house. Guns I can steal." And, as he was raised by other scumbags, he knew that alarm companies get the break in signal, call the homeowner, wait for positive/negative response, call the police dispatch and then dispatch will radio available patrol units to respond from wherever the hell they might be. The only reason he got pinched was because we found two of the shotguns on guys who really didn't want the burglary rap and flipped on him. This enterprising young lad couldn't sign his name during the booking process. Printed his name holding the pen in his fist.

Not saying that security companies are a waste of money. Not at all but definitely spring for nanny cam type systems rather than just an automated "you just got robbed" phone service. And never overestimate the self-preservation of people who mae a lifetime out of self-destructive behavior.

Last edited:
If I do get a boomstick I plan on keeping it in a heavy gun safe. I would much rather hold them up until the police arrive vs shooting them. But if I had to use deadly force I live in Florida. Pretty safe legally that way. XD

The stuff is covered and its easily replaced. I would just prefer not to hide inside my car while waiting for help.

I have had the flu for the past few days and stayed at home most of the time. I went to meet a client and was only gone for 2 hours. If I decided to cancel they may have broken in while I was asleep.

May also keep the radio on when I leave for now on. Makes it seem like someone is home. I'm a novice with guns but i'm a pretty handy guy. I used to do manual labor. Not an office drone. Not that theres anything wrong with that.

Okay TS a couple things: if you do not have a carry permit a gun in a safe does you no good, you need a CCW to have the gun with you.

If you are attempting to clear your house when there may be burglars inside you are gonna get dead real quick. There is a reason cops and the military use more than 1 guy to clear a room or house. It takes a lot of training to clear a house safely and even then sometimes you still wind up taking rounds during entry, which is why we wear body armor.

Additionally counting on the Stand Your Ground Law to cover you is not very bright. You need to know when and how you can use your gun or your going to end up in jail. Most states do not allow you to use Deadly Force to prevent properly crimes.

So please reconsider your idea that a gun will solve your issue. And this is coming from a staunch supporter of the second amendment who carries a gun nearly 24/7 both on and off duty.

I recommend a superior door/window locking mechanism and perhaps a dog.

All of these things will do far more for your odds of being burgled than a firearm.

In my old neighborhood where I used to live in, which was in a good location, my neighbor's house was broken into while he was not home. They took his TV, jewelry, etc.. He then got signed up with ADT and installed 2 cameras in his front and backyard. This was back in 2002. His house got broken into again 2 years later while he was home. He was tied up and pistol whipped and now he can barely see out of his left eye.

xdm_45-tfb.jpg

tmp_springfield_xdm_45_1-tfb.jpg

That's like the gun I used to use when I was a prostitute.

Next time pull up in this.

0.jpg

Might not be the best for your home and what's inside, but hey...

Generally, people who break into a house to steal your PS3 and trade it for meth aren't doing so on their days off from NASA. And there's big difference between "intelligent" and "crafty." I had a case where a kid noticed the duck hunting stickers on his neighbor's boat and realized "He hunts. With guns. Guns in the house. Guns I can steal." And, as he was raised by other scumbags, he knew that alarm companies get the break in signal, call the homeowner, wait for positive/negative response, call the police dispatch and then dispatch will radio available patrol units to respond from wherever the hell they might be. The only reason he got pinched was because we found two of the shotguns on guys who really didn't want the burglary rap and flipped on him. This enterprising young lad couldn't sign his name during the booking process. Printed his name holding the pen in his fist.

Not saying that security companies are a waste of money. Not at all but definitely spring for nanny cam type systems rather than just an automated "you just got robbed" phone service. And never overestimate the self-preservation of people who mae a lifetime out of self-destructive behavior.

I can't disagree that some security systems are probably bullshit, but having one is definitely a deterrent. I'd say a burglar would choose a house without a security system before choosing one with one. Now, I can see how any dumbass could still be successful. Break down the door, grab as much valuables in a short amount of time, and bail. It's still much riskier if there is a sounded alarm whether you have to confirm on the phone or not. The fact is there is very little that the average person can have that will completely prevent a possible break in. Any small deterrent is a positive.

"This" is not reason to get a gun, especially when you're admittedly not familiar with them.

This is coming from someone who owns many and carries one daily.

And should you have to shoot, you better have ironclad proof your life or your loved one's was in imminent danger of ending.

How do you get ironclad proof that someone was in danger if you shoot first?

You don't need proof. You just need the magic words "I was in fear for my life".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back