Got my Nogi Hoodies today

It's this simple: he was asked repeatedly to not rag on Sprawl and Sherdog and he chose to ignore these requests. He broke the rules and was banned as a result. This is a privately owned forum open to the public and as such people that choose to make unkind remarks about both the site owner and forum sponsor and continue to do so even after being asked repeatedly to calm down and respect the rules will be banned, regardless of who they may be.

I personally think it is a shame it came down to a banning but making snide remarks to imply your company is being oppressed simply because someone else is sponsoring the forum (even though others like Warrior One, SSF, Ground Force and others don't seem to have this same problem), insulting the very people that run the company that keep this forum open for them to use, insulting moderators for trying to do their jobs, ignoring the requests of the people that run this site repeatedly... it's not the way to go about things.

Please note that Nogi Industries has not been banned as he has not acted in the same way and is allowed to continue to represent Nogi on this forum.

I didn't see or read the stuff that led to his banning, but from what I understand, he merely questioned a move by a larger company that he felt was out of line.

I do not want to continue this issue any further however it was not a single act however several which led to his banning. He was cautioned, was not dubbed and was simply told that such behaviour was not going to be tolerated. He continued to act in an inappropriate manner, disregarding the wishes and warnings of the Powers That Be. It is not like he was not asked repeatedly to tone down his act and just had the axe come down when he was least expecting it from out of nowhere.

As for Sprawl being out of line, I do not see how they are "out of line". They contacted Jeff and negotiated with him to sponsor the forum. They put the money up first and as such received recognition as our sponsor and forum rules were changed accordingly. While Nogi were apparently also negotiation with Sherdog, I don't exactly see what is out of line here.

If I like a car and contact the dealer and tell him I'll put down a deposit the next week, then the next week the car is sold, is it the car dealers fault that I didn't give him the money in time or is it my own fault for not acting in a timely manner to get the car I wanted? If a basketball player negotiates with the Lakers but ends up with the Bulls, is it the basketballer player's fault for taking the best offer presented to him or is it the Lakers agents faults for not securing a deal first?

Business is business and shit happens, the way to move forward is to look for new opportunities and means to promote your product, not to try and defame the people who reached an agreement because you feel you lost out on one opportunity, despite the fact you are still allowed to contact and interact with possible and past customers who CAN advertise your product by positive word of mouth. I myself refer people to places like Als Gym, SSF, Nogi, Casca Grossa, Rio and Brazilian Fightwear and many others because I know they offer good service and gear.

I personally think Nogi make great gear and I hope Nogi Industries sticks around to keep us informed of their company's products and services.

You guys have my support. All I saw was crybaby sobbing. When someone called him on it, he claimed he was being sarcastic. Bullshit. He was told the rules, and instead of taking it like a man, like other companies here, he chose to piss and moan. Good riddance.

His company may have great products and great service, but if he is going to act like that, we don't need him around here.

I think the "out of line" referred to SPRAWL's attempt to get Jeff Monson on their payroll. Although I do not have any proof other than what has been said. If I am not mistaken, Monson will be one of the first fighters on UFC ppv to wear NOGI material.

The comments about sponsoring the forum stem from statements that companies should shut up because they never stepped up to be a sponsor. If NOGI was making the effort to become a sponsor, then they should be a little offended by this.

As I do believe Chris could have behaved better, I also believe the mods could have acted better. Such as the combined NOGI thread that was three separate topics. This thread has even been erased. I have not seen the several "Thanks to Casca-Grossa" threads combined. Chris did appear to be singled out. Being antagonistic to someone willing to respond and then banning them for responding seems "out of line."

But hey, who wants a guy that is on the board every day answering questions about his product and chatting with other members?

I think the "out of line" referred to SPRAWL's attempt to get Jeff Monson on their payroll. Although I do not have any proof other than what has been said. If I am not mistaken, Monson will be one of the first fighters on UFC ppv to wear NOGI material.

This is not a matter for this board but a matter that is between Nogi and Sprawl. Given that Nogi have laid down this challenge about Sprawl vs Nogi shorts on their site I would say that it was simply retribution but again, not a matter for this board to begin with.

The comments about sponsoring the forum stem from statements that companies should shut up because they never stepped up to be a sponsor. If NOGI was making the effort to become a sponsor, then they should be a little offended by this.

Um, no. You are being heavyhanded and inaccurate here. Companies are not silenced here and many retailers still continue to use this forum. Ron at SSF was also unable to secure a deal with Jeff but he has not acted inappropriately, he accepted he missed the opportunity and has continued to use this forum. As for Nogi missing out on the deal, I guess you'd have let yourself get into debt running this place while someone else procrastinated in paying you and confirming the deal. That's very nice of you however it's not a very smart business move and since Sherdog is a business enterprise when Sprawl came along read, willing and able to support the forum, an agreement was made. I tried to provide analogies as to why it's not "out of line" for someone to take the best and most timely agreement offered to them, but I guess that you're either very kind or naive in business dealings. Please find me where any representative of this site told a merchant to shut up because they didn't make a deal with Jeff. I don't believe it happened anywhere. All that was asked of retailers/companies was that they did not blatantly advertise by making new threads about their products. Please find me where a mod or admin replied "You never stepped up to be a sponsor, shut up".

As I do believe Chris could have behaved better, I also believe the mods could have acted better. Such as the combined NOGI thread that was three separate topics. This thread has even been erased. I have not seen the several "Thanks to Casca-Grossa" threads combined. Chris did appear to be singled out. Being antagonistic to someone willing to respond and then banning them for responding seems "out of line."

They were combined because they all were about Nogi and the conversations in them were converging anyways, with people mentioning posts they made in one thread while posting in the other.

Thank you threads are slightly different from congratulations threads since they do not often lead to discussion, they are statements. As for the Nogi thread, it was removed temporarily for editing and will be restored here shortly, Foz mentioned that already however I guess you're choosing to ignore this.

If Brennan was singled out for any reason, which he wasn't but obviously X Files fans will believe otherwise, it would be because he was the only person that continued to make comments about the forum's owner, mods and sponsors. As for being antagonistic, I am guessing you didn't read some of his comments and are unable to read because I have already explained that he was cautioned and asked REPEATEDLY by SEVERAL representatives of this site to change his behaviour but did not. How exactly could we have handled it better? What more can we do than ask people to behave or face being banned? If they know they are on thin ice and continue to behave inappropriately, then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what will happen. He likely even knew this would happen, an outpouring of sympathy for his banning, which in turn will lead to people supporting him and his company wile villifying us. It's not as though we made snide comments in regards to NoGi twice a day while badmouthing the people that sponsor Chris, however obviously we were the antagonists in your eyes for daring to ask him to stop bashing the site and the people that actually fund it allowing him to bash them in the first place. "Here's our cheque for this month, we better keep this place open, God knws we can't have people representing other compppanies not having a place to give us crap. I know I work hard all day just so I can come home and read how bad we are." Yeah, ok. I guess if someone came into your place of work, insulted you, your boss and your business partner and continued to do so for days on end you'd simply let it slide. Well, unfortunately the people that run this forum feel differently as they do not really like the idea of putting money up to keep this place running so other people can bash them. Guess this is just a case of different standards.

But hey, who wants a guy that is on the board every day answering questions about his product and chatting with other members?

If that was all he did, then he wouldn't have been banned. However it wasn't and he was. If you want to be selectively ignorant, that is your right however it does not change the decision that has been made.

copperhead said:

Ha.

Well, I've heard 2 COMPLETELY different sides of the monson/sprawl/nogi issue, its hard to distinguish whats fact and fiction without monson actually posting about it, so lets drop it. it was offtopic to begin with, Chris had NO REASON to bring it into conversation apart from the fact that it gives him an excuse to bitch about everything.

As for the combined 3 nogi threads, that was me. And yes there were a few casca-grossa threads on the front page at the same time, BUT at the time Chris pointed it out and I saw his comments it was:

a) Christmas Day in Aus (and I as such didn't feel like spending time merging threads)

b) Chris had made about 8 threads that day, complaining about me deleting the nogi thread and being on a power trip. If he stopped to read the private message I sent him, I said "i've MOVED it, so that I can edit out all this monson/sprawl/nogi shit, because for one, it's offtopic, the thread is for discussion of products, not for bitching about the monson situation which has no proof to it... I said AFTER i have edited the offtopic shit out of the thread, I will move it back into the forum for discussion, but I didn't feel like sitting there on christmas day and doing it."

c) Chris then got sour over this, saying stuff like I've deleted the thread because we don't like him and nogi. Thats plain bullshit, I told him flat out, i'll put the thread back, but let me enjoy my frikin christmas and then edit all his stupid offtopic comments so that it can go back. Chris was going out of his way to make my christmas annoying, and I told him, you're ruining my christmas here Chris, to which I got a "i'm glad your christmas is ruined". Can you feel the love?

People need to understand, alot of you DONT see the stuff he says, don't see the threads he makes which are out of line, don't know what goes on behind private doors. You should just sit there, and accept that the mods were put in here to enforce policy, I'm here because people want me to be here, and if you's dont, then let your voices be heard.

Chris broke almost EVERY major banning infraction rule, we let him slide several times, he was asked to stop with the bullshit by almost ALL the mods, the admins, and Jeff himself!

Superbeast pretty much covered the other stuff, and this is the last post I am planning on making in regards to the issue.

~Foz

You sure call names and talk about him on here in a very off topic sort of way even though you have removed him. Time to move on.

This is not a matter for this board but a matter that is between Nogi and Sprawl. Given that Nogi have laid down this challenge about Sprawl vs Nogi shorts on their site I would say that it was simply retribution but again, not a matter for this board to begin with.

You are correct. I only pointed out that the "out of line" you referenced and then made examples of did not fit its intended use.

Um, no. You are being heavyhanded and inaccurate here. Companies are not silenced here and many retailers still continue to use this forum. Ron at SSF was also unable to secure a deal with Jeff but he has not acted inappropriately, he accepted he missed the opportunity and has continued to use this forum. As for Nogi missing out on the deal, I guess you'd have let yourself get into debt running this place while someone else procrastinated in paying you and confirming the deal. That's very nice of you however it's not a very smart business move and since Sherdog is a business enterprise when Sprawl came along read, willing and able to support the forum, an agreement was made. I tried to provide analogies as to why it's not "out of line" for someone to take the best and most timely agreement offered to them, but I guess that you're either very kind or naive in business dealings. Please find me where any representative of this site told a merchant to shut up because they didn't make a deal with Jeff. I don't believe it happened anywhere. All that was asked of retailers/companies was that they did not blatantly advertise by making new threads about their products. Please find me where a mod or admin replied "You never stepped up to be a sponsor, shut up".

Shortly after the rules changes and during the discussion of such rules, it was said not verbatim but the other companies lost a lot of their privileges (such as posting new threads about their own products). A post (I believe by Sherdog) basically said Sprawl can do this and no one else can because they were the only ones who stepped up as a sponsor. It implied that a sponsor had been looked for and no one would do it. "Shut up" is not a good term to describe it. But the implication of no one stepping up was there. I looked for that post but I believe it was deleted following the discussion.

They were combined because they all were about Nogi and the conversations in them were converging anyways, with people mentioning posts they made in one thread while posting in the other.

I guess I somehow missed this while reading the threads and then reading them all again to figure out what post went to what conversation.

Thank you threads are slightly different from congratulations threads since they do not often lead to discussion, they are statements. As for the Nogi thread, it was removed temporarily for editing and will be restored here shortly, Foz mentioned that already however I guess you're choosing to ignore this.

So threads that are not discussion are OK? And yes I saw where Foz mentioned it. Did not think it would be next week when the thread returned. But helps now that Foz mentioned when he would do it.

If Brennan was singled out for any reason, which he wasn't but obviously X Files fans will believe otherwise, it would be because he was the only person that continued to make comments about the forum's owner, mods and sponsors. As for being antagonistic, I am guessing you didn't read some of his comments and are unable to read because I have already explained that he was cautioned and asked REPEATEDLY by SEVERAL representatives of this site to change his behaviour but did not. How exactly could we have handled it better? What more can we do than ask people to behave or face being banned? If they know they are on thin ice and continue to behave inappropriately, then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what will happen. He likely even knew this would happen, an outpouring of sympathy for his banning, which in turn will lead to people supporting him and his company wile villifying us. It's not as though we made snide comments in regards to NoGi twice a day while badmouthing the people that sponsor Chris, however obviously we were the antagonists in your eyes for daring to ask him to stop bashing the site and the people that actually fund it allowing him to bash them in the first place. "Here's our cheque for this month, we better keep this place open, God knws we can't have people representing other compppanies not having a place to give us crap. I know I work hard all day just so I can come home and read how bad we are." Yeah, ok. I guess if someone came into your place of work, insulted you, your boss and your business partner and continued to do so for days on end you'd simply let it slide. Well, unfortunately the people that run this forum feel differently as they do not really like the idea of putting money up to keep this place running so other people can bash them. Guess this is just a case of different standards.

Nice one on the comments to my ignorance (a little antagonistic maybe?). Yes I did read his comments, at least the ones that were still on the board. It's kind of like two 5 year olds. Both have to have the last word. Neither person let the issues rest. A couple snide comments are forgotten if you let it be forgotten.

You might want to look at Foz's argument. He does a much better job of pointing things out without using "snide" remarks and "bashing" the poster. His post does not leave the desire to respond but fives finality to the discussion.

I agree, lets get back to the Gear & Equipment Discussion :wink:

It has mutated. If you would like I can delete the unrelated posts to return it to it's former glory, up to you.

Does anyone have pics of the hoodies? I asked previously about the Subzero. I would like to see the difference in color between the royal and navy T's as well.

Hockeyfight said:
I dont see why the Nogi/sprawl thing got out of hand so much. Other companies were in the same situation and didn't react the same way. That being said Sprawl has the board now and I have nothing against that but other people need to realize that they can't change that.
I think he jsut had the cojones to say what was obvious. Plus he has nothing to lose by not posting on sherdog where some vendors make a good business here.

Back