Got My Gracie Barra Gi Today!!1

infamous mattyd

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This is more of a review of budovideos.com than my gi since I have yet to roll in it. Nevertheless, I'll start with the gi.
Awesome collar, 10 times better than Koral and just as good as gameness.
Nice weave-Thin but feels strong and the cut of the jacket is perfect again simimlar to the gameness
Downside is the pants-they are very thin and I have the feeling I will be ordering a pair of atama pants when these rip.
As far as looks this Gi gets a 10 out of 10.

Now for the real staro of the show, Budovideos.com.
I can not recomend them enough. I wanted to change my order, and I was able to speak with someone on the phone immedalty. (spelling bee champ) I spoke to an actual person as soon as I called and he was helpfull and knew exaclty what they had in stock. The selction of gear, videos etc is unbeleivable and fast shipping an excellent customer service makes them a 10 out of 10 in my book.
I have ordered from them in the past and will continue to give them my business in the future.

These guys are up there w/ Ron for customer servie and selection (though no one pwns ron)

Wow finally someone sells the Gracie Barra gi's... Damn where were they when i wanted one.

They are the exact same as the Keiko Racca Special edition kimonos.. only they come with diferent patches.

I want a black one... but i hate wearing the black gi i have.. Dunno you stick out like a sore thumb.. Unless your running the mats..
I might pick one up anyways.. they look nice.. to bad Mkimonos are not making them anymore.. better weave.

Do not put that gi in the dryer! It will more than likely rough up your patches. If you need to shrink it to fit, wash it in warm then dry it for 10 minutes, then hang dry the rest. You probably spoke to Dave at Budo. He's great. Budovideos is the MMA/Grappling candy store! What color did you get?

jamison said:
Do not put that gi in the dryer! It will more than likely rough up your patches. If you need to shrink it to fit, wash it in warm then dry it for 10 minutes, then hang dry the rest. You probably spoke to Dave at Budo. He's great. Budovideos is the MMA/Grappling candy store! What color did you get?

Well since I am a blue belt now I feel comfortable with the black gi and I got black....none of my gis go anywhere near the dryer, all air dry which is why I need a few since I train several days a week

infamous mattyd said:
Well since I am a blue belt now I feel comfortable with the black gi and I got black....none of my gis go anywhere near the dryer, all air dry which is why I need a few since I train several days a week
I would be terrified to where a black gi unless I was a bwon or black..:)

jamison said:
lots of people in my school wea black gis...we are real casual w/ shit like that

just saw the black! That is sharp! then again, so is the Blue and white. This has to be the best looking gi there is. Which is why we all have been going nuts trying to find it.

jamison said:

Hmmm... interesting. I'm glad I didn't order the black Ouano, then. I didn't know that they were typically reserved for the veterans. Is a blue gi OK for lower belts because I did order one of those?

In an average school, anything but black is fine. In some, less evolved schools, black is reserved for an instructor.

renzo's has such a family atomosphere that white belts wear red or balck gis and no one even notices...we are there to train, not critque eachothers gis. Though I personally am a gi whore and enjoy new martial arts gear.

At all the schools I train at nobody cares what color you gi is. I have people asking me if they can buy my black Gameness gi off or me.

www.SSFgear.com

SSF said:
At all the schools I train at nobody cares what color you gi is. I have people asking me if they can buy my black Gameness gi off or me.

www.SSFgear.com
its a collectors item now...no more of those coming out anymore.

I'm the only one at my school that wears a natural colored (ubleached) gi. I stick out so bad, everyone's is bleached (with a few occasionally wearing a blue gi).

infamous mattyd said:
renzo's has such a family atomosphere that white belts wear red or balck gis and no one even notices...we are there to train, not critque eachothers gis. Though I personally am a gi whore and enjoy new martial arts gear.

I hear ya. I'm pretty sure that's the way my school is, too, but since I'm so new to BJJ, I wouldn't want to take any chances. I can't say I've taken note of what belts wear what colors there. I did see a guy wearing a pink top, though, and I thought immediately of Foz.

fat_wilhelm said:
I hear ya. I'm pretty sure that's the way my school is, too, but since I'm so new to BJJ, I wouldn't want to take any chances. I can't say I've taken note of what belts wear what colors there. I did see a guy wearing a pink top, though, and I thought immediately of Foz.
he needs to be notified posthaste

If anyone is looking for Gracie Barra gi's in canada.. cocoon athletics downtown vancouver is a Gracie Barra gym and sells them there. Main teacher is Tim Shears if anyone cares.

dog812 said:
If anyone is looking for Gracie Barra gi's in canada.. cocoon athletics downtown vancouver is a Gracie Barra gym and sells them there. Main teacher is Tim Shears if anyone cares.
G & E is filled with people who would want to kniw that...

Most GB schools should have them.

Back