Gordon ramsey and his various shows.

on the question of scripting, i dont know how much is real/fake, but without a doubt ramsay dials up his asshole factor to max for american tv, and whenever he samples food at the start of the episode, it's blatantly obvious hes going to say negative shit regardless.

if you watch any of ramsays shows that air in the uk, he doesnt act like a gigantic douchebag, just an occasional one :D that being said, a lot of those shows are a lil boring if im being honest.

Ive been watching some of his kitchen nightmares and am curious how many of these restaurants are still open. Im watching this momma cherris soul food shack and to be honest i am even surprised anyone would bother going there. The meat looks great but the salad looks woeful plus the presentation of the restaurant just looks cluttered.

A lot of these places survive, because the general public doesn't know a damn thing about quality food. I've seen Ramsey send shit back that most people would have no problem with. Basic shit. Like, can the average joe tell the difference between fresh and frozen? Microwaved pasta, from freshly made? Probably not. Most people don't have a great pallet, so a lot of restaurants get away with serving you shit. If it's presented well enough and tastes alright, most won't care to complain.

Only thing most average people can judge, is if the food is rotten, stale, raw, or overcooked. Avoid that shit, and you can probably get by.

-Dont they know Ramsey is coming ?
-How do they choose restaurants ?
-Is it partially scripted ?
-Seems like the owners have no clue on the food being served
-Whats really going on ?

A lot of it is scripted, but I wouldn't doubt that a lot of these owners don't know the level of perfection Ramsey is used to, regardless. Even if these restaurants tried their very best with what the owner provided them with, they'd still be dumps to Ramsey and he could turn it into an episode.

I stopped watching the Hotel show, after the diarrhea lady. That was a bit too much.

This is one of the best threads I've seen in a while

This thread is so fucking undercooked
It’s fucking RAW!

I know a lot of its scripted but some of the shit he says is hilarious, especially when the manager or cooks of the restaurant try to argue with him.

My biggest question from reading this thread-

People really still have cable TV and watch this garbage? Who the fuck is paying for cable anymore?!?

More than 60 per cent of 'Kitchen Nightmares' restaurants visited by Gordon Ramsay are now closed
  • Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay visited 77 restaurants across seven seasons of the hit Fox reality show
  • Nearly 50 of the eateries have since shuttered
  • Some did not even last long enough after filming to see their episodes air while still in business
  • One even closed during filming for the show
batting a 400 not to shabby

My favorite Ramsey moment is when he called that little cook a derogatory term for a Hispanic.

I like his shows.
You get plenty of intimidating/angry chefs on TV but none of them outright swear and shout in the faces of people like Ramsey does, and that's what makes it so interesting to watch because he genuinely gets angry and doesn't take shit.

I used to really like 'Hell's Kitchen'. The UK version, I saw the US version once or twice I think.
I liked the fact that he doesn't take shit from customers either, like when that posh woman complained and he told her to fuck off and compared her to a dog!
Also liked the bit when Vic Reeves tried to be his usual tiresome 'kooky' self and just ordered one fried egg. Ramsey refused to make it and told him to fuck off too :)

My biggest question from reading this thread-

People really still have cable TV and watch this garbage? Who the fuck is paying for cable anymore?!?

This is on normal tv in australia plus im watching on youtube.

It’s fucking RAW!

I know a lot of its scripted but some of the shit he says is hilarious, especially when the manager or cooks of the restaurant try to argue with him.

How many chefs cant cook a pizza or a burger.

It's funny that he isn't bothered about personally insulting people either.
Like calling a fat person a 'fat fuck' or calling some girl a gremlin when she did look quite gremlin like.

He had a restaurant out in The Grove here in LA... it closed.

Back