Gordon ramsey and his various shows.

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by covenant, Dec 26, 2016.

1. covenant

covenant Black Belt

Ive been watching some of his kitchen nightmares and am curious how many of these restaurants are still open. Im watching this momma cherris soul food shack and to be honest i am even surprised anyone would bother going there. The meat looks great but the salad looks woeful plus the presentation of the restaurant just looks cluttered.

Also he basically annihilates various kitchens throughout the US and more or less embarrasses the chefs, is there some sort of scripting going on ????? Theres filth and meat going bad, these places could be shut down if any restaurant health auditors roll through. I just find it unreal how all these so called restaurants serve bad food. One place he went too claimed to serve the best pizza in Denver, it looked nice but was oily as hell but arent most pizzas...Just seemed like hes there to shame the chef. Mind you they had this cowboy burger that was $39 and the burger meat was bigger than the buns lol lol lol..

Rinse and repeat for the Hotel version.

-Dont they know Ramsey is coming ?
    -How do they choose restaurants ?
    -Is it partially scripted ?
    -Seems like the owners have no clue on the food being served
    -Whats really going on ?

2. SheetsMMAfan

SheetsMMAfan —-ThePENISS.com—-

Ramsey = scripting and editting

Good on the guy. Great chef who cashed in on being an absolute dick on national TV, after doing it in England.

I watched almost all the Kitchen Nightmare shows, watch Masterchef, and watch Hells Kitchen. The latter two shows are shit anymore, but I am invested now....

Scripted or not, I enjoyed the Kitchen Nightmare shows. Is crazy that people have 30lbs of green, nasty food in their freezer and invite Ramsey over to check it out....

Edit: plus when he re-does a restraunt, he wants to see how the chefs react on a busy night. By Gordon being there, its usually the biggest night the restraunt will ever see x10, and they either serve microwaved shit to get it out the door, or they scramble to get actual recipes built from scratch out in time. Kinda feel bad, because those places will never get that busy in their lives again, and feel bad watching them struggle.

covenant likes this.
  3. lts5025

lts5025 "What the **** is a Dim Mack?"

I can't watch those shows. These restaurants are godawful or setup to appear so and Ramsey is so over the top it's unbearable.

I really enjoy his YouTube cooking videos though, where you can really see his passion for food without having to deal with him being a massive twat.

4. Devout Pessimist

Devout Pessimist Tragic Vision

Never heard of her.

covenant likes this.
  5. Loiosh

Loiosh Detective Platinum Member

More than 60 per cent of 'Kitchen Nightmares' restaurants visited by Gordon Ramsay are now closed
    • Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay visited 77 restaurants across seven seasons of the hit Fox reality show
    • Nearly 50 of the eateries have since shuttered
    • Some did not even last long enough after filming to see their episodes air while still in business
    • One even closed during filming for the show

6. covenant

covenant Black Belt

Thats the thing why do they all have off meat or dead mice when they know the Ramsey is coming, can not be real. Even if it is real these restaurants will not get customers after seeing the show and getting a look at how disgusting some of these places are.

7. covenant

covenant Black Belt

Fucking lol.

j123 and Der Eisbär like this.
  8. SheetsMMAfan

SheetsMMAfan —-ThePENISS.com—-

100% agree, but I always watch that shit..... :p

I am almost ALWAYS anti reality tv, but he is my guilty reality tv pleasure for some reason. Alot of cooking shows fall into that goid for the wife and I though, and some of it is garbage...

9. Jermei

Jermei Steel Belt Platinum Member

The British KN's were real and unscripted imo but the American version seem fake and scripted but i still watch everything Ramsey does.

HelloJapan and SheetsMMAfan like this.
  10. Dragonlordxxxxx

Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

I enjoy watching the various Gordon Ramsay shows from time to time. I particularly enjoyed Kitchen Nightmares out of all of them. But after following it for a couple of seasons, I got bored with it and found their formula of their "story" too repetitive.

covenant and Thundarr like this.
  11. BoobyMcBoobFace

BoobyMcBoobFace Brown Belt

I know the US version is scripted but the people that run them were delusional and or just hopeless. Not surprised

covenant likes this.
  12. WorldofWarcraft

WorldofWarcraft Holy Paladin Banned

This is the GOAT TV episode

mb23100, bowened, j123 and 9 others like this.
  13. icemanliddell

icemanliddell Purple Belt

walking in Manila storm, keeping head high, unafra
    Never swallow on Ramsay's shows as valid business or cooking advice. In one Hell's Kitchen episode, Ramsay shouted at a black girl for using thermometer on a chicken. But she actually did the RIGHT thing. You will never know when a chicken is cooked unless you overdo it.

14. 22k

22k ベルセルク Yellow Card

15. Lavitz

Lavitz Gust of Wind Dance

I prefer the UK version more. Less cheesy music and editing. And Gordon actually gives sound advice and less cursing.

16. phunky

phunky Standing above all others Double Yellow Card

This thread is so fucking undercooked

17. jdionio

jdionio Blue Belt

Greatest episode ever right there. Even if the episode is fake, it was hilarious how much publicity it got.

covenant likes this.
  18. USA!USA!

USA!USA! Black Belt

My favorite moment of his shows was when he was screaming in the french chefs face on kitchen nightmares and called him a 'french pig"

TheGZA, cmw43, covenant and 2 others like this.
  19. Captain

Captain Orange Belt

The only thing thing to laugh at is you making an erroneous conclusion. That rate is below 60% and is impressive when you consider that he is visiting restaurants that are really in the gutter.

Nesk likes this.
  20. ralphc1

ralphc1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

Just like Ramsay's scrambled eggs. I don't see how either Ramsay or the Bar Rescue guy stay alive. I'd sink a meat clever into his skull.