Gordon ramsey and his various shows.

He had a restaurant out in The Grove here in LA... it closed.

Interesting.

What was wrong with it ?

Im pretty sure the stats for restaurants are pretty bad ie im sure I read somewhere that in Australia only 50% are able to stay open after a year.

Interesting.

What was wrong with it ?

Im pretty sure the stats for restaurants are pretty bad ie im sure I read somewhere that in Australia only 50% are able to stay open after a year.

No idea, yelp only gave it 3 stars. It was called The Fat Cow.

A lot of these places survive, because the general public doesn't know a damn thing about quality food. I've seen Ramsey send shit back that most people would have no problem with. Basic shit. Like, can the average joe tell the difference between fresh and frozen? Microwaved pasta, from freshly made? Probably not. Most people don't have a great pallet, so a lot of restaurants get away with serving you shit. If it's presented well enough and tastes alright, most won't care to complain.

Only thing most average people can judge, is if the food is rotten, stale, raw, or overcooked. Avoid that shit, and you can probably get by.

A lot of it is scripted, but I wouldn't doubt that a lot of these owners don't know the level of perfection Ramsey is used to, regardless. Even if these restaurants tried their very best with what the owner provided them with, they'd still be dumps to Ramsey and he could turn it into an episode.

I stopped watching the Hotel show, after the diarrhea lady. That was a bit too much.

I wouldnt underestimate the average joe. They might smile and say the meal was nice then as soon as they leave first thing they say is they arent going there again. Id imagine people are paying a premium at alot of these restaruants gordon is visiting and too screw up Pizza or Hamburgers is ridiculous. The customers might even like the menu but the food isnt good enough to warrant going there again.

Still Im just surprised these chefs and owners can be so arrogant.

I know he's got a burger place in Vegas. Not sure what that's like.
I passed it but never went in.

More than 60 per cent of 'Kitchen Nightmares' restaurants visited by Gordon Ramsay are now closed
  • Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay visited 77 restaurants across seven seasons of the hit Fox reality show
  • Nearly 50 of the eateries have since shuttered
  • Some did not even last long enough after filming to see their episodes air while still in business
  • One even closed during filming for the show

thats pretty impressive considering 100% of them were about to close. as someone who has managed a restaurant to a fair profit, i would say it looked like 80-90% of the owners could never run a restaurant

I reckon Ramsey could handle himself in a scrap too.
He doesn't back down to the hard asses on the shows. Obviously people would step in if it got physical but it's cool that he's happy to swear at whoever he thinks is being a dick, whether it be a normal guy, a tough guy or a woman.
It's so funny when some of the women are so shocked when he tells them to fuck off or something. Especially in Hell's Kitchen when some of the posh women came to the serving table to complain about something.
I don't think they've ever been told to fuck off in their entire lives before that moment.

Free over the internet? Or...? What do you mean free to air?

In the UK all new TVs come with freeview built in so you can watch these channels free of charge.

channels-284x300.jpg

thats pretty impressive considering 100% of them were about to close. as someone who has managed a restaurant to a fair profit, i would say it looked like 80-90% of the owners could never run a restaurant

Before I posted the stats, I knew they didn't really mean anything.

It's a reality show, we have very little real information, and the failure rate for restaurants is very, very high anyways.

Most restaurants go outta business, it's a tough sector. Easy for them to find clueless fucks. They're already struggling then you add him and a film crew, up the work load, you're guaranteed to get sparks flying!

I reckon Ramsey could handle himself in a scrap too.
He doesn't back down to the hard asses on the shows. Obviously people would step in if it got physical but it's cool that he's happy to swear at whoever he thinks is being a dick, whether it be a normal guy, a tough guy or a woman.
It's so funny when some of the women are so shocked when he tells them to fuck off or something. Especially in Hell's Kitchen when some of the posh women came to the serving table to complain about something.
I don't think they've ever been told to fuck off in their entire lives before that moment.

Reasonably competent Iron Man triathlete and was a a half decent footballer. Growing up in scotland usually teaches you how to handle yourself, as well. He'd flatten 99% of Sherdog without much trouble. And positively manhandle Bourdain.

What I sometimes wonder, is that when the show renovates these places(some which must have cost a small fortune), is there catch? Do the owners have to foot some of the bill? Does Ramsey or Fox own a stake in the restaurant?

That's a lot of money to just piss away. Drop in the bucket to Fox or whoever, but still, they're not in the business of just giving money away.

The British KN's were real and unscripted imo but the American version seem fake and scripted but i still watch everything Ramsey does.

This. The first versions done in the UK were legit funny/interesting, hated everything after that. Gordon can be super funny imo..."ding ding, round fucking two".

I know he's got a burger place in Vegas. Not sure what that's like.
I passed it but never went in.
I've been a few times. It's awesome. Probably my favorite burger restaurant ever. Their jalapeño poppers are amazing.

I've been a few times. It's awesome. Probably my favorite burger restaurant ever. Their jalapeño poppers are amazing.

I wish I'd have gone in but it was my last day in Vegas and I had hardly any money left.
Pretty sure it's in the same place as where the Fight Shop is?

The old UK Gordan's Kitchen Nightmares is probably my favourite show ever. Any of his other shows though I never enjoyed as much or at all (like Kitchen Nightmares in USA).

I'd love to see him working for the government as an inspector for restaurants.

Every time I watch Hells Kitchen I think I'd hit him with the jab followed by the uppercut if he talked to me like that. It's unreal to me to see people with so little self respect they let some cunt scream in their face.

Back