Economy GOP back to Inflation worries. "Hyperinflation" (Update: 2022 Inflation Highest in 40 Years)

Same here. Another thing we can't seem to buy right now is air filters. We have been waiting on filters for our big AHUs for months.
Oh boy that was a struggle early on in the pandemic. We've luckily found a supplier and order based off our quarterly PM but sometimes as you know the filters don't also that long. I've had to double up 1" filters where needed just to get by.

It is all about being thrifty. So Price of booze has gone up at bars. So all summer we went to places that had outdoor venues with live music and we brought our own. I can drink 20 beers. At the bar around here that could be $140. I pay $25 for a case and have 4 left over. Truth is I make more than I ever have and am at a good point in my life where the money is saved, invested etc...But the idea of paying 7-$8 for a cheap domestic is just silly.

This lol people are so funny blaming one or the other for things theyre both responsible for. Oh you hate lockdowns , masking and the vax ? While guess who ushered that all in? You hate printing money? Guess who started that fun little ride . It's almost if , they both serve the same group of people

We all serve the donor class. We, meaning our "elected" officials. The two party system has failed.

Who the hell is dumb enough to get the combo?

There is no fast food "combo" meal that costs more than the items in the meal purchased separately. In other words, if you want a burger, fries and a beverage it is always cheaper to buy them as the "combo" meal than to order them separately.

Just a heads up for you for next time.

65$ pack of 40 smokes, 100$ fill the car 45$ bottle of scotch. Expensive compared to a few decades ago.. ( australian )

1 tank of fuel. 1 pack of smokes 1 bottle.

$200 aud in hadnt gone shopping yet lol
. 145 usd

1. 40 cigarettes in a pack, interesting
2. $65 for 40?? As I smoker, I suggest you quit.
that's ridiculous

I can drink 20 beers.

AA-1024x1015.png

Wait, we're blaming Joe Biden for inflation? That's absurd. From what I understand, there's shortages everywhere and delivery and shipment have a big role in that.

On the personal side, I live pretty cheaply so I've noticed it but it hasn't impacted me.
Besides your use of the word inflation which irritates me, yes, when you continuously give people money but keep the logistics and economy constrained, you will necessarily see an increase in prices because demand outweighs supply.

Yes, this is correct and reasonable to blame on Biden. No, Biden is not necessarily keeping the planet on lockdown, but he is responsible for a lot of the cash ending up in peoples pockets via stimulus and tax credits.

Now, you can try to argue with me that it was the correct thing to do, but that's another argument. But giving people money while our producers can't produce at normal levels will lead to what is happening now.

There is no fast food "combo" meal that costs more than the items in the meal purchased separately. In other words, if you want a burger, fries and a beverage it is always cheaper to buy them as the "combo" meal than to order them separately.

I assume he meant he brings his own drink, since a case of Coke is like $9, case of water is like $2 but a single fountain drink (that costs them 10 cents) is priced at 3.99, and 3.59 if part of the combo.

When I go to Subway I just buy the sub and drink my own bottle of water. If I feel like chips, I'll bring some Pringles or something from home.

The beverage is a ripoff man. You get syrup pop which costs literal pennies to make, that they charge you dollars for. Never buy a beverage from a fast food restaurant.

The only thing I've really notice was the price of housing. Purchased my first house 2012 for 270 newly built. Purchased a second, smaller, older house this year same area for 375. 8 years and houses have gone up that much?!

Also, was listening to the Wallstreet Journal podcast and they say alot of this has to do with supply chains being disrupted. Like ships are waiting to drop off goods in ports.

The only thing I've really notice was the price of housing. Purchased my first house 2012 for 270 newly built. Purchased a second, smaller, older house this year same area for 375. 8 years and houses have gone up that much?!

Also, was listening to the Wallstreet Journal podcast and they say alot of this has to do with supply chains being disrupted. Like ships are waiting to drop off goods in ports.
I sold my first house in 2015 for $220. It's now worth over $500k.

Thankfully, the house I bought in 2015 for $400k is now worth about $1mil...

65$ pack of 40 smokes, 100$ fill the car 45$ bottle of scotch. Expensive compared to a few decades ago.. ( australian )

1 tank of fuel. 1 pack of smokes 1 bottle.

$200 aud in hadnt gone shopping yet lol
. 145 usd
Damn, and I thought cigs were expensive in NY.

map-average-retail-price-per-cigarette-pack-by-us-state-768x515.jpg

its tough. i am already poor from paying medical school tuition. thanks joe

Jesus Christ. It doesnt make sense
Yep, my next door neighbours bought a nearly identical house as mine about 2 years after me for $565k, and they were so pissed thinking they overpaid. Next thing you know one neighbour sells for $700k, then $800k, and another guy two doors down for me just sold for $975. It's madness.

Back