Good call by Dana, I'm happy he's in charge.

Okami is for sure a top 10 MW and maybe a top 5 MW cutting him is mental

Great thread TS. This thread should be stickied.

Completely agree with all your points.

Okami was dead wood.

He was a ZUFFA employee since 2006.

He had ample time to reinvigorate his fight style, yet he didn't.

People just like to complain he's gone as they have nothing else to whine about.

Okami was dead wood.

People just like to complain he's gone as they have nothing else to whine about.

I thought maybe your retard act in the OT was just that. I now know otherwise.

Okami is for sure a top 10 MW and maybe a top 5 MW cutting him is mental

This. Should have kept him around. He could be matched up with Kennedy as we speak. Send Kennedy packing instead.

Okami was dead wood.

Okami went 13-5 in the UFC against great competition. Guys like Dan Hardy lose 4 fights in a row and keep their job. Has nothing to do with whining kid, it is just kind of a douchebag move on Zuffa's part. Much like you are making for defending their actions.

Okami went 13-5 in the UFC against great competition. Guys like Dan Hardy lose 4 fights in a row and keep their job. Has nothing to do with whining kid, it is just kind of a douchebag move on Zuffa's part. Much like you are making for defending their actions.

dude... just dont compare dan fucking hardy with Okami... EVERY Okami fight is a snooze fest while Hardy fights win or lose are exciting. I agree with TS Okami is boring. YES he is a top fighter bu he is boring, he is not a drawn and he will never be. Deal with it. The cut was justified.

dude... just dont compare dan fucking hardy with Okami... EVERY Okami fight is a snooze fest while Hardy fights win or lose are exciting. I agree with TS Okami is boring. YES he is a top fighter bu he is boring, he is not a drawn and he will never be. Deal with it. The cut was justified.

How was the cut justified? Having Okami on your roster to fight on your under card would improve the rest of the middleweight roster by helping to weed out contenders and would have no effect what so ever on pay per view buys.

If you people think Dana is in charge you're sadly mistaken. Dana is little more than a sock puppet for the Fertitta's. Do not kid yourselves.

Disagree. As of 9/27/13, the same day he was released, Okami was ranked #6 by UFC. And Okami beat the guy ahead of him in Munoz, and everyone knows he'd destroy Bisping. So I'd place him in 4th, with only Souza, Silva and the Champ ahead. He's the best gate keeper at 185lbs the UFC has ever seen.

Yes, he got caught by two heavy handed guys in the Barbarian and Souza. But firing a guy who was just prior on - what his 4th - three fight win streak in the UFC? Ludicrous.

Real reason behind the cut is simple, add a fact that the UFC cant estabilish itself in Japan. If a japanese event would be on horizon, Okami would be no-brainer among a few japanese fighters on the roster. Expanding to the EAST isnt going as smooth as it was thought. Have a look back on the painful Abu Dhabi event, an average Macau, and the "returning to Japan". What about Russia? The homeland of agression, combat sports, it should be bigger venue than Brazil.

For a strange reason, the eastern expansion does not goning as smooth as it should be.

You're telling me okami was a good cut, yet guys like nick lentz and all these trash undercard fighters deserve to be there??

Absolutely a terrible cut and I'm not even an okami fan.

woah i know you didn't just disrespect my man Tebow

i don't even watch football i just watch footage of Tebow on loop

shits great

Dan Hardy was only kept for the UK market. Plus he throws down every fight, win or lose.
Something Yushin didn't.

Good troll thread, I actually wasted my time reading the entire OP.

Okami doesn't belong in the top ten, nor could he currently beat anyone in the top ten. Sonnen is ranked #10 and he beat Okami. Rockhold would whip his ass. Souza might as well have been fighting a toothless bum off the streets.

Why do white belts like to humiliate themselves ?

Having Sonnen ranked #10 as an argument is possibly the stupidiest thing you could have done .
Sonnen should be ranked #3 .. he destroyed #4 Bispiing a few months ago.. The rankings don't mean shit.

Disagree. As of 9/27/13, the same day he was released, Okami was ranked #6 by UFC. And Okami beat the guy ahead of him in Munoz, and everyone knows he'd destroy Bisping. So I'd place him in 4th, with only Souza, Silva and the Champ ahead. He's the best gate keeper at 185lbs the UFC has ever seen.

Yes, he got caught by two heavy handed guys in the Barbarian and Souza. But firing a guy who was just prior on - what his 4th - three fight win streak in the UFC? Ludicrous.

Okami would destroy Bisping?? Okami doesn't destroy anyone, he squeeks decisions against people. End of.

at first I was angry but when I really think about it his fights are usually pretty boring.

this might be a reminder to some of the other guys on the roster that working on your game in a way that lets you win fights by any way other than lying on top of your opponent for three rounds and make the judges job easy can affect your future in the UFC positively

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back