Good call by Dana, I'm happy he's in charge.

Glad to know speaking English is a priority on whether to keep a fighter or not.

Not the main reason he was cut, just one more reason thrown on a big pile of reasons.

Souza can't speak english either and I think hes a #1 contender. But hes a good and exciting fighter.

Okami doesn't belong in the top ten, nor could he currently beat anyone in the top ten. Sonnen is ranked #10 and he beat Okami. Rockhold would whip his ass. Souza might as well have been fighting a toothless bum off the streets.

Marquardt, belcher, Lombard

These are guys okami has beaten. He's a beast.

Marquardt, belcher, Lombard

These are guys okami has beaten. He's a beast.

No, Marquardt is the only significant victory for Okami. Alan Belcher is a overrated punk that got lucky against Palhares, otherwise Belcher has fought nobodies. Holding Lombard to the canvas for 3 rounds doesnt qualify him as a beast in my book.

Ronaldo Souza exposed how vanilla and plain Okami truly is.

Okami wanted more money, Dana said no....in fact youre cut.

He took the what, 0-4 Broncos to a winning record, led them into the playoffs where they beat a then very good Steelers team only to lose to the Patriots. He has most playoff wins than many starting QBs, including Tony Romo. There are teams that could sorely use his help. Are you telling me Geno Smith is better than Tebow? I don't see it yet Rex Ryan refused to give Tebow any sort of a chance, that's a boldfaced lie to say Tebow kept getting chances. The Jaguars are far and away the worst team in the NFL, what do they have to lose by signing Tim Tebow? If nothing else they will make money from merchandise and ticket sales from the legions and legions of Tebow fans in the area, the Jaguar fans are begging the Jaguars to sign him but they steadfastly refuse, why? There are worse QBs with much less "upside" than Tebow in the league.

And, yet, the Broncos had no interest in keeping him around. He didn't "lead" that Broncos team anywhere. They were a defensive and running game juggernaut, and to make the playoffs all they needed was someone who wouldn't turn the ball over. To go father than just making the playoffs, they needed a real QB, so they went out and go Manning.

The win over the Steelers? Their starting and aging free safety, Ryan Clark, could not play because of the sickle cell trait, and their backup free safety sucked and was slower than molasses. Yes, Tebow had that blind squirrel finds a nut statistical day, mainly because the Steelers sold out to try and stop the run and pretty much gave Tebow single coverage on both sides to throw to, and he still needed bit big play by his receiver (not a great throw, a short dump pass and then the receiver took it the remaining 70+ yards to the house).

Please. There might be some QBs more limited than him in the NFL, but not many. Unlike college, in the NFL the QBs #1 job is to pass the ball efficiently. Tebow has shown he can't do that in the NFL. End of story.

Yes, Geno Smith is better than Tebow. So much so that Tebow couldn't even stay on the roster or beat out a crappy QB like Sanchez. Yeah, he was so great, but couldn't unseat Mark Sanchez. Think about the crap you're shoveling. I get the man-love torch you carry for him. Good for the two of you. I hope you will have many years of happiness together. That doesn't make him a better player.

In any case, this is way off-track, and I don't know why you had to bring that guy into an MMA discussion.

Last edited:
okami is not eve remotely comparable to tebow. tebow cannot play at a high level. okami can still spoil 3/4 contenders on their way to the title. maybe more.

terrible analogy, and i stopped from there.

dana's rationale is partly what i described above, but dana called him a gate keeper, which isn't actually fair to okami's abilities.

but okami's real problem is that he doesn't ever have a solid show.

sonnen's career is sort of like that. he did pretty well against marquardt, but fell into trouble down the stretch. he barely beat bisping. he has trouble finishing. but, to his credit, he recently finished stann and then *big win*--shogun.

plus sonnen had a remarkable showing against silva in his first battle, whereas okami looked absolutely lost. ABSOLUTELY.

And, yet, the Broncos had no interest in keeping him around. He didn't "lead" that Broncos team anywhere. They were a defensive and running game juggernaut, and to make the playoffs all they needed was someone who wouldn't turn the ball over. To go father than just making the playoffs, they needed a real QB, so they went out and go Manning.

The win over the Steelers? Their starting and aging free safety, Ryan Clark, could not play because of the sickle cell trait, and their backup free safety sucked and was slower than molasses. Yes, Tebow had that blind squirrel finds a nut statistical day, mainly because the Steelers sold out to try and stop the run and pretty much gave Tebow single coverage on both sides to throw to, and he still needed bit big play by his receiver (not a great throw, a short dump pass and then the receiver took it the remaining 70+ yards to the house).

Please. There might be some QBs more limited than him in the NFL, but not many. Unlike college, in the NFL the QBs #1 job is to pass the ball efficiently. Tebow has shown he can't do that in the NFL. End of story.

Yes, Geno Smith is better than Tebow. So much so that Tebow couldn't even stay on the roster or beat out a crappy QB like Sanchez. Yeah, he was so great, but couldn't unseat Mark Sanchez. Think about the crap you're shoveling. I get the man-love torch you carry for him. Good for the two of you. I hope you will have many years of happiness together. That doesn't make him a better player.

In any case, this is way off-track, and I don't know why you had to bring that guy into an MMA discussion.

The Broncos with Manning were one and done last year, and Rex Ryan never gave Tebow a legitimate shot. Geno Smith is a dumbass.

original.gif

Last edited:
The Broncos with Manning were one and done last year, and Rex Ryan never gave Tebow a legitimate shot. Geno Smith is a dumbass.

original.gif

Tebow. Okami. Professional sports is a harsh business. You'd better have a thick skin if you want to play in the big leagues.

I'm interested if Okami heads back to Japan to fight there, or remains in N. America. For selfish reasons I hope he goes to Bellator, because I'm able to catch most of their shows.

Tebow should go to Jacksonville.

Tebow should go to Jacksonville.

They won't sign him. They're the worst team in the league by far for the past few seasons, will almost certainly go 0-16 this year unless some miracle occurs, yet they won't sign him. They have literally nothing to lose and everything to gain ($$$) but won't sign him. You tell me why.

tl:dr? I hate okami so I'm glad he's gone.

^^just about sums up TS huge ass post.

I don't even really care that he's gone but the ufc has stated numerous times, they want to house the best fighters in the world. By cutting Okami they made it clear that that goal is not their top priority.

You can't reconcile that priority and the decision to cut okami.

this is like booting a top 5 NBA team out of the league because fan attendance is poor. LMAO this is why UFC is not a real sport simply a half step above WWF (which was amazing btw)

Back