Gomi is the greatest lightweight of all time

I feel like ive read this exact thread before.

Also nice for conveniently leaving out the fact that after he broke Nick's face he then was submitted.

Dont forget , Kabib and Tony are modern day MMA fighters , in other words , weight cheaters . What weight do they REALLY fight at 175 + ? Get in the Pride ring weighing 161 or less and fight Prime Gomi . fireball-PNG-transparent-background-thumb35.png

He's definitely one of the best all time, a lot of noobs in this thread

OP, when Gomi was in his prime most of these sherdudes were learning to tie their shoes. lol

Possibly the hardest hitting lw, but far from the greatest

Love BJ, but why do u make me do this

CourteousTornAvocet-size_restricted.gif
That's at LW?

Geez I thought this crap was done around here 10 years.

Gomi is not even in the running for best LW ever, perhaps the best LW in his time but extremely shallow weight class back then.

This is one of the most laughable posts ever.

Lw, in 2005‐07, was shallow? Lol what on Earth are you smoking and can I have some?

It's insane to see how much bigger lightweights are now a days. Even if they were in their prime, I don't think guys like Penn or Gomi would be able to compete today.

I feel like ive read this exact thread before.

Also nice for conveniently leaving out the fact that after he broke Nick's face he then was submitted.

Probably by me at some point.

Well, big upset

As if I couldn't post a bunch of GIFS of post-prime Gomi getting clobbered....I think this is a troll thread anyway, though.

you are a troll

I loved Gomi too, but no.

The problem is that new fans act like the past never happened and that guys like Gomie were never any good, and some fans (this is you) hold on for dear life to the notion that newer guys can never surpass the guys from the past.

Gomi would have landed on Tony, sure. In the end, Tony likely wears him down and chokes him out. You will argue otherwise, that's fine. We can disagree.

I stil remember watching Gomi beat Crusher. Gomi was dynamic and exicting, and is a legend. One of the best LW's ever. But Tony has surpassed him.

Nah. Same thing with Eddie/Conor. Conor wiped the floor with him. I called it. Made a thread about it. People shat on me, but look what happened.

Fergusson too wild and too chinny. You can't fight fire with crazy. And Gomi is the fireball kid and Fergusson is a wild dude

Yeah, same here. Was amazed that no one thought anything of it or called for the rematch when it stood out like a dogs dusters. TS seems like a poor no talent arse clown but cant help myself, had to reply and give Sakurai his due.
Speak for yourself

The depth of talent matters too. If the current 15th ranked fighter is clearly better than someone who was ranked 5th a decade ago, some of us take that into consideration.

That said, the guys Gomi was fighting (and beating, mostly) in Pride and Shooto are often overlooked these days. My guy Hellboy gave him his first loss though in Shooto though. Was a huge Hansen fan back in the day.

I think Gomi got robbed. But Hansen was legit, but too bad he just fizzled out

I think Gomi got robbed. But Hansen was legit, but too bad he just fizzled out

It was close. I was a Hellboy fan more than a Gomi fan at the time, so I was happy with the decision.

Back