Gomi can out-box Pulver

Damn, Bacon Crunch. You just completely utterly nuclear PWNED that man. Congratulations, that was pwnage if I ever saw it.

*clap*

If anyone saw the last Bushido against Crazy Horse, Gomi didn't look too good standing. He was kinda wild and looked to tire out a lot late in the round. I haven't read any bias post save the one atop of this one, but this is what I think. I think jen's is a good couple feet ahead of gomi in the stand up striking department.

If Gomi had good stand-up, why did he fucking not use it against BJ Penn when he fought, I see him get owned by Penn in most areas. However, I believe he would still beat Pulver with a submission.

ILoveSakuraba said:
If anyone saw the last Bushido against Crazy Horse, Gomi didn't look too good standing. He was kinda wild and looked to tire out a lot late in the round. I haven't read any bias post save the one atop of this one, but this is what I think. I think jen's is a good couple feet ahead of gomi in the stand up striking department.

ding ding ding!

You guys know Gomi has never been KOed right? Didn't Gomi finish a fight with a broken jaw from taking shots and WIN?

Gomi has great MMA stand-up, BUT Jens has WAY better stand up than Gomi.

Are we factoring in clinch fighting because Gomi has some nasty knees. If it's pure boxing then Jens has it hands down but I think Gomi can work inside-outside a lot better than Jens. Jens does have dirty boxing and decent knees from the clinch but I think Gomi can hurt Jens from the clinch alot more. I think Jens can win this match if he peppers Gomi with jabs and set up the hook when Gomi is tired or stunned.

Pulvers stand up>"Crazy horse's stand up>Gomi's stand up.
Gomi will take this fight to the ground if he's smart(which I believe he is), but Pulver will still win.

Not only will Pulver out-box Takanori Gomi. But with Jens' extensive wrestling background and Gomis lack or wrestling skills, Gomi will have a very hard time taking down Pulver and if he does take him down, there is no way in hell that Gomi can keep Jens down. Jens is a superior wrestler and boxer!

Aint no way in hell Gomi's outboxing Pulver. Pulvers hands are fuckin wicked and Gomi has nothing on them. Gomi has kinda sloppy stand up if you ask me and Pulver has very technical standup with MEGA POWER. I dont care how good Gomi does in training. This is a fight and Pulver knows how to use his boxing in a fight.

I hope he tries to stand up with Jens, if he do you will be proven wrong, Jens has been getting real slick with his hands and his right is wicked.

Btw, just finished reading Jens new book, I recommend it to anyone and after reading it I will always root for Jens!

Gomi has good standup...but Pulver is very quick and has pretty technical standup and hes a southpaw Gomi might or might not be able to hang with Jens standing (personally I think if he tried to kickbox the whole match hed get KO'd) but he has good takedowns and great gnp and I think hed be dump not to take Pulver down at some point

I'm still laughing at the "you are retarded" comments on the first page. AHAHAHA! Man, you're retarded.

"You're stoned. Where can I get some of that shit?" - I liked that one too.

GoldenDragon said:
you sir are retarded.

people think, oh his standup looks great in mma im sure he can be a pro-boxer or k-1 fighter.

no that is fucking wrong. pulver is now a pro-boxer. his boxing is light years ahead of everyone in his division, and p4p he is leagues ahead of eveyr other mma fighter in terms of boxing. gomi doesnt stand a chance in stand up. its riduclous to hear people talk about an mma fighter's stand up and compare it to a pro boxer/k-1 fighter. train stand up or actually watch boxing/k1 and ull see the vast difference.

post this exact thread in teh boxing forum where there are several extremely knowledgable people, including boxing/mma writers, and ull see whats what.

Uh huh....I beg to differ.

Unchained1/2 said:
you sir are retarded.

people think, oh his standup looks great in mma im sure he can be a pro-boxer or k-1 fighter.

no that is fucking wrong. pulver is now a pro-boxer. his boxing is light years ahead of everyone in his division, and p4p he is leagues ahead of eveyr other mma fighter in terms of boxing. gomi doesnt stand a chance in stand up. its riduclous to hear people talk about an mma fighter's stand up and compare it to a pro boxer/k-1 fighter. train stand up or actually watch boxing/k1 and ull see the vast difference.

post this exact thread in teh boxing forum where there are several extremely knowledgable people, including boxing/mma writers, and ull see whats what.[/I]

Unchained1/2 said:
Could not have put it better myself.

Yeah right...

Back