Gomi can out-box Pulver

Rauger said:
I dont even think bang qualifies as an mma fighter. He said, p4p IN MMA Jens is a better boxer than everyone, I think bang is more or less a K1 fighter who fights a few times in MMA against other standup fighters. Look what happened when he fought BJ penn, it looked like he didnt even know what BJJ stood for.

Yeah but I do believe he beat Genki Sudo if I am not mistaken...

GoldenDragon said:
you sir are retarded.

people think, oh his standup looks great in mma im sure he can be a pro-boxer or k-1 fighter.

no that is fucking wrong. pulver is now a pro-boxer. his boxing is light years ahead of everyone in his division, and p4p he is leagues ahead of eveyr other mma fighter in terms of boxing. gomi doesnt stand a chance in stand up. its riduclous to hear people talk about an mma fighter's stand up and compare it to a pro boxer/k-1 fighter. train stand up or actually watch boxing/k1 and ull see the vast difference.

post this exact thread in teh boxing forum where there are several extremely knowledgable people, including boxing/mma writers, and ull see whats what.

It's right that Pulver's boxing is superior to Gomi's boxing, but this is MMA we're talking about. It's different, you've got knees, you've got elbows, you've got kicks and on top of that also grappling(takedowns). So yes, he is ahead of every other guy in terms of BOXING, but striking in MMA? No..

IMO, pulver is a way better boxer than gomi is...I keep seeing upset in my head against this match up...

MINO by Wire said:
Pulver's standup is good, but Zambidis would KO him. I don't think Pulver's hands are better than Kraus' and we all know what happened there. Zamibidis by KO over Pulver, in boxing or kickboxing.

Actually Kraus has better hands than Zambidis technically speaking as well. The difference is in chin (which is why Masato survived). Can Pulver take the shots Zambidis can dish?

Njetji said:
It's right that Pulver's boxing is superior to Gomi's boxing, but this is MMA we're talking about. It's different, you've got knees, you've got elbows, you've got kicks and on top of that also grappling(takedowns). So yes, he is ahead of every other guy in terms of BOXING, but striking in MMA? No..
Don't even bother, this is coming from a guy who thinks Marciano could have manhandled Lennox.

i dont think gomi will try out box pulver! take down and gnp!

Pulver will out-box Gomi. I would be willing to bet anything

I cant remember the last time I saw a Japanese fighter outbox ANYBODY. Let alone a PRO BOXER like Pulver.

ratfacedkid said:
How old you kids? Why does everyone have to put, "you are retarded" before making their predications? You fellas are jokes.

I agree- what I dont understand is why do people call other people "sir" and then call them an idiot or retarded in the very next sentence. Why show respect calling them sir and then call them an idiot a second later.

everyone questions jens standup because bang .That was the combo of 5 inch reach advantage,kicks,and jens not giving a shit and underestiating bang.....Jens is prolly the best boxer in the lowerwieghts in mma the dude is just sick.Gomi is best set to try G and P.

King of Hearts said:
This is a bit off topic, but what do people think about Pulver vs Zambidis in a boxing match? I see Zambidis by KO.

who is Zambidis. Is he an MMA fighter? I dont watch boxing at all, and just a little K-1, but I have never heard of Zambidis.

Heath McManus said:
I dont think anyone at that weight can out box Pulver right now
Heath

I would bet that there are a few MMA fighters out there that could out-box Pulver. He has only 3-4 pro fights. There are other guys(Laverne Clark) is one that comes to mind that are also pro boxers and he has been doing it longer. Obviously Pulver would win in an MMA fight, but boxing could go either way. Bang Ludwig is another one.

Gomi should go for a submission. Milteich fighters are not that great on the ground and lately they been getting caught in submissions. if he keeps it standing then Pulver is gonna catch him. why take a chance like that?

Brad Pitt said:
who is Zambidis. Is he an MMA fighter? I dont watch boxing at all, and just a little K-1, but I have never heard of Zambidis.
He's an amateur boxer and professional kickboxer. However the title "amateur" doesn't have anything to do with skill level. Zambidis just wants a gold medal, unfortunately he injured himself the last Olympics. Anyways, the guy is dynamic, weaves very well, and hits REALLY hard. His nick name is "Iron Mike" because he is basicaly a minature prime Mike Tyson.

King of Hearts said:
He's an amateur boxer and professional kickboxer. However the title "amateur" doesn't have anything to do with skill level. Zambidis just wants a gold medal, unfortunately he injured himself the last Olympics. Anyways, the guy is dynamic, weaves very well, and hits REALLY hard. His nick name is "Iron Mike" because he is basicaly a minature prime Mike Tyson.

well if the guy is an olympic-caliber boxer then he would most likely beat Pulver. Pulver only has 3-4 fights. Pulver isnt close to olympic-caliber yet. Rocky Juarez is a lightweight boxer here in Houston who could also beat Pulver in boxing without a doubt. Probably first round KO. I think Rocky competed in the Olympics and I know he has a Championship belt, or at least he did a few months ago. But as far as MMA goes, Pulver is ONE of the best boxers in his weight class and he would beat either of these guys in MMA.

GoldenDragon said:
you sir are retarded.

people think, oh his standup looks great in mma im sure he can be a pro-boxer or k-1 fighter.

no that is fucking wrong. pulver is now a pro-boxer. his boxing is light years ahead of everyone in his division, and p4p he is leagues ahead of eveyr other mma fighter in terms of boxing. gomi doesnt stand a chance in stand up. its riduclous to hear people talk about an mma fighter's stand up and compare it to a pro boxer/k-1 fighter. train stand up or actually watch boxing/k1 and ull see the vast difference.

post this exact thread in teh boxing forum where there are several extremely knowledgable people, including boxing/mma writers, and ull see whats what.

Could not have put it better myself.

Toffa said:
Well it will be pretty damn important if Pulver stops the takedowns.

Using the Bang fight against Pulver and using it for Gomi is ridiculous, Bang is a successful K1 level fighter, Gomi is not.
sorry, but Bang is not a successful K1 fighter, he is a bit below average IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back