Gomi can out-box Pulver

Somehow I dont think boxing is going to have to much effect on the outcome of this fight. Getting beat by Bang in standup and Gomi are two different things, Gomi isnt a third the kickboxer Bang is. But, regardless, I am pretty sure this fight is going to the ground

Sudoraba said:
Actually Kraus has better hands than Zambidis technically speaking as well. The difference is in chin (which is why Masato survived). Can Pulver take the shots Zambidis can dish?

kraus doesnt have better hands than zambidis

takaya has better stand up than pulver,

in fact, he was scheduled to fight pulver in shooto
until pulver pulled out for the pride $

takaya is ranked #1 in shooto
he has proven his skill in the all japan kickboxing federation, losing a close dec to ranked lightweight fighter, yuya yamamoto
and he koed palling brutally in shooto
even pulver had problems with palling

Brad Pitt said:
I cant remember the last time I saw a Japanese fighter outbox ANYBODY. Let alone a PRO BOXER like Pulver.

then you must have no memory of world champions like hatakeyama or takehara
or the other 40 japanese world champion boxers

on the other hand, let me also add:
there has NEVER been an american who has ever been ranked in muay thai at rajadmanern or lumpinee
nor has any american ever come close to it now, not in muay thai, not in k-1, not in superleague...

pulver is going to get owned by gomi. Pulvers ground game is his weakest point, and in a match with a guy who outweights him by like 10-15 pounds, hes gonna get taken down and pounded on

baconCrunch said:
then you must have no memory of world champions like hatakeyama or takehara
or the other 40 japanese world champion boxers
on the other hand, let me also add:
there has NEVER been an american who has ever been ranked in muay thai at rajadmanern or lumpinee
nor has any american ever come close to it now, not in muay thai, not in k-1, not in superleague...

I was just talking about MMA. And you are right- I have never heard of either of those guys. Have they EVER OUTBOXED ANYBODY in an MMA fight? I dont think so. They probably just outboxed other Japanese.

Get_that_yayo said:
pulver is going to get owned by gomi. Pulvers ground game is his weakest point, and in a match with a guy who outweights him by like 10-15 pounds, hes gonna get taken down and pounded on

maybe, but he beat Uno, Penn and Hallman. All three of these guys are just as good as Gomi on the ground, if not better.

Not too many people, if any, can out box Pulver in his weight class.

If Gomi wants to win he will have to take Pulver down

GNPKikboxer said:
If Gomi wants to win he will have to take Pulver down
I'm confident it will go to the ground and that Gomi will end it in a sub or a TKO by g&p.

Brad Pitt said:
maybe, but he beat Uno, Penn and Hallman. All three of these guys are just as good as Gomi on the ground, if not better.
This is true, perhaps I am giving to much credit to Gomi. But I dont think that I am, Gomi is pretty close to an unstoppable fighter. Jens hasnt been as good as he was in the UFC in a long time. If you look at what they have done lately, Pulver fighting a couple of 143s and Gomi owning the Bushido series..... It just looks like this is Gomis fight. Gomi wont outstrike Jens, but on the ground he is strong and dangerous

XiaolinSoldier said:
This is true, perhaps I am giving to much credit to Gomi. But I dont think that I am, Gomi is pretty close to an unstoppable fighter. Jens hasnt been as good as he was in the UFC in a long time. If you look at what they have done lately, Pulver fighting a couple of 143s and Gomi owning the Bushido series..... It just looks like this is Gomis fight. Gomi wont outstrike Jens, but on the ground he is strong and dangerous

Pulver hasnt been submitted in over four years. We will see what happens.

gomi's stand up is pretty poor,he turns his head away when he exchanges and ducks when throwing most of his strikes. i wouldnt be bragging about him hanging in there w/ japans top pro boxers and if thats the case then the pro boxers in japan are not that good.if he chooses to stand and go toe to toe w/ pulver it will be a short night for gomi.and for bacon crunch Malapaiet Sitprapom was a stadium champion i believe and he was beaten pretty badly by duane ludwig. and your right no american has been ranked in either rajadmanern or lumpinee,but then i doubt that there have been many japanese ranked either.

Nog has good boxing he can hang with the Cuban boxing team Fedor has heavy hands. Now Pulver was the Fedor of LW and since has become a pro boxer and in one of his last shootoo fights fucked a guys face so bad he had to have plates inserted and retire. I'd love to see that little kid try and box little evil.

ippikiookami said:
No one ever talks about how good Gomi's stand-up is. Gomi trains at a boxing gym in Japan, and I've heard from a guy that knows the coach there that he has no problem keeping up with Japan's best pro boxers. Apparently, boxing sees itself as "above" MMA here, so doesn't like Gomi to advertise his boxing skills, but from what I've heard he's as good a boxer as he is a grappler, and I think he'd be happy keeping the fight with Pulver on his feet (of course, his advantage over Jens is much greater on the ground, especially if he gets the quick takedown, but I think he has a very good chance of ko-ing Pulver without going to the ground).

You're stoned. Where can I get some of that shit?

baconCrunch said:
Well, there was this guy Ray Elder...

Brad Pitt said:
And you are right- I have never heard of either of those guys.
He's right, you know. And those are more recent examples. You have to be interested in lower weight boxing though, but as a boxing fan I wonder why anyone wouldn't prefer watching it.

Some legendary Japanese boxers include Masahiko "Fighting" Harada, Kuniaki Shibata and Yoshio Shirai.

XiaolinSoldier said:
Pulver fighting a couple of 143s and Gomi owning the Bushido series.....
Uematsu and Palling were top ten fighters in the 143 lbs division, what's Gomi done besides beating overmatched and outweighed fighters? Though everyone's seriously underrating his win over Ralph. That said, if Gomi decides to go for leg kicks I can see this going bad for Pulver, but that's not his strength though he does have some mean knees. Gomi will also be bigger in the ring which should play a factor.

ippikiookami said:
No one ever talks about how good Gomi's stand-up is. Gomi trains at a boxing gym in Japan, and I've heard from a guy that knows the coach there that he has no problem keeping up with Japan's best pro boxers. Apparently, boxing sees itself as "above" MMA here, so doesn't like Gomi to advertise his boxing skills, but from what I've heard he's as good a boxer as he is a grappler, and I think he'd be happy keeping the fight with Pulver on his feet (of course, his advantage over Jens is much greater on the ground, especially if he gets the quick takedown, but I think he has a very good chance of ko-ing Pulver without going to the ground).

You fucced up on your second sentence "at a boxing gym in Japan" get the fucc out of here. Pulver has superior skills over Gomi, hes a professional boxer in America. Japan is not know for their boxing gyms. Get the fucc out of here. Let me guess r u japanese?

People should keep in mind that Gomi has the reach of a light heavyweight. He can hit his opponent from a mile away.

I'm sure everyone would have called me retarded if I said that Coutre would outbox Liddel...

Goldendragon really embarassed himself with that Pulver vs Zambidis comment.

BerzerkingNinja said:
gomi's stand up is pretty poor,he turns his head away when he exchanges and ducks when throwing most of his strikes. i wouldnt be bragging about him hanging in there w/ japans top pro boxers and if thats the case then the pro boxers in japan are not that good.if he chooses to stand and go toe to toe w/ pulver it will be a short night for gomi.
pretty poor? i don t think you realize the difference in boxing within mma
gomi is certainly not a top pro boxer or at that level, but he is one of the best strikers in mma..

BerzerkingNinja said:
and for bacon crunch Malapaiet Sitprapom was a stadium champion i believe and he was beaten pretty badly by duane ludwig. and your right no american has been ranked in either rajadmanern or lumpinee,but then i doubt that there have been many japanese ranked either.

malapaiet is past his prime now. he was an x-stadium champ years ago.
to say he was beaten badly is an extreme exaggeration. it was a close fight under kicboxing rules in denver agianst ludwig, this was not a muay thai match. ludwig is not at the top level.
when ludwig has faced top comeptition ion k-1 max,
-beaten(knocked down) by masato/japan
-dominated(knocked down 2x) by john parr/aus
-koed by fuji chalmsak(thai)
-koed by albert kraus

---

and yes, no american has ever been ranked in raja or lumpinee

there has only been 4 non-thai stadium(raja, lumpinee) champions in the history of muay thai

fujiwara
japan
fujiwara won the toughest and most competitive wgt class in muay thai, the lightweight belt
he was the most dominant non-thai to ever fight in the muay thai ring.

ogawasawara
japan
he was the rajadamnern jr middleweight champion.

kozo takeda
japan
rajadamnern welterweight champion
2000-2001 was kozo's prime

maurd sari
france
he became lumpinee jr welterweight champion. ppl seem to forget him, although a great accomplishment. it was very short lived, as he lost a few and sort dissappeared.

---

as of the CURRENT rankings at rajadmanern and lumpinee
the only foreign fighters ranked are all japanese. but i m sure you don t follow muay thai, so you wouldn t have a clue who someone like yoshihiuro sato is.

yoshihiro sato
#8 ranked at welterweight lumpinee
hs beaten 3 thai stadium champions, kaolan, chalmsak(who recently koed ludwig), ittophol. he has lost only once in the last 3 yrs. and has beaten some of the european thai boxers, van venrooj, saorez(ko), benfaaj, peter crooke(ko), shane chapman(tko)..

kato masaaki
#4 ranked at welterweight lumpinee
koed thai champ kaoklan to recieve his rank

takeda
#7 ranked at welterweight rajadamnern

matumoto
#1 ranked at middleweight rajadamnern
koed kaoklai

hayato
#6 ranked at middleweight rajadamnern

Back