Golly gosh Waterworld is a f------ awful film

I liked Water World.
i_hug_that_feel.png

The villains in Waterworld and Postman are embarrassing. There are just too many stupid characters in these movies overall. It just looks like people playing dress-up

Maybe in order to develop better characters, they should have made the actors stay on shitty boats stranded in the middle of the ocean for a month. That would give them the pain, sickness, exhaustion, starvation, anger, resentment, hatred of life, and the 1,000 yard stare required to play their roles better.

General Bethlehem is awesome. He is a man remade after a overthrow of civilization. As he explains it "what we have here is a Feudal system and I am A Lord". Can you not imagine some rednecks overthrowing the Government perchance setting back civilization 500 years. Its pretty much reverse Demolition man.

Just turned it on.

Opening scene: in the middle of the ocean, converts his urine into drinking water.

Why not do that for sea water?

The villains in Waterworld and Postman are embarrassing. There are just too many stupid characters in these movies overall. It just looks like people playing dress-up

Hopper was hilarious in Waterworld, he hammed it up at all the right moments to make his character seem over the top.

But I will fight ANYONE that says Patton was bad as Bethlehem in Postman. The guy played the part perfectly, and just seemed to ooze charisma in the process. The sublte mannerisms he used and little quirks he added in made the character just seem so fucking awful as a person it was amazing.

I didn’t like it when I watched it as a kid. Didn’t think it was as bad as many had described it but didn’t enjoy it either. I could probably give it another watch, but never felt the incentive to do so.

Back half of the 90s was pretty tough for Costner. And that’s a shame, cause early 90s, he was doing really well for himself- JFK, The Bodyguard, A Perfect World.

Glad that he has had a resurgence in the past decade.

It was a good movie for the 90's and only the 90's, because the standard for films back then was really low.

Waterworld was competing against:
  • Johnny Mnemonic
  • Sudden Death
  • Beethoven(a dog movie)
  • Clueless
  • Babe
  • Get Shorty
  • To Wong Foo
  • The Jerky Boys
  • Funny Bones
  • Top Dog
  • Casper
  • Congo
This list is endless!

^^^
If you watched any of these films, you would think Waterworld was a masterpiece.
More great films were made in 1994 than have been made in the 21st century.

Just got done watching the 3 hour Ulysses Cut, my days it was fucking boring

Lots of sailing and swimming, too many paedophile undertones, lots of brooding

I wouldn't even recommend reading this post about it let alone watching it

In the meantime here's some classic Doom and Kweli...

Maybe I'm trippin and it's just a cartoon to you
But I got chills when I heard how Doom flipped to Scooby Doo

GoodJauntyIceblueredtopzebra-max-1mb.gif

I never understood Costners success, I didn't think he could act one bit. The movies were often very good but I never saw much from him outside of Perfect World which Clint must have inspired him to put in a great performance. Not being able to act isn't really that unusual for hollywood though.

it is an awesome show at universal studios hollywood doe.

Back