Golly gosh Waterworld is a f------ awful film

It's kind of amazing he managed to make a film that was worse than The Postman.

Only hipsters say it's a good movie. It fucking sucks.

One has to recall that Costner was easily one of the biggest stars in the world- The Untouchables, No Way Out, Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, Dances with Wolves, Prince of Thieves, JFK, and The bodyguard all within like a five year span. 93 he gives a great nuanced performance in Eastwood’s box office failure but really critically esteemed film A Perfect World.

Then we get to the mid 90s and Waterworld happens and...poor, Kevin.

It’s a subpar movie. I never even got the argument that- well it’s bad but it’s entertaining. And it’s not bad enough where it’s so awful that it’s good fun like some bad movies.

I’m a big Costner guy though- as a fan of most of those previously named movies and his westerns as well. Guy is a boss as far as I’m concerned. I’m glad that Man of Steel led to a resurgence for him.

I think that movie with him and Diane Lane re-teaming looks solid.

How about

No Way Out is the only non-cunty film Kevin Costner ever made

?
He actually has had a great career. The bombs are bombs, but besides his mega hits like Dances With Wolves, JFK, 13 Days, Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, Open Range, and The Untouchables, he has done a ton of smaller really good movies like : Mr. Brooks, 3 Days to Kill, The Highway Men, Dragon Fly, McFarland USA, Draft Day etc...Jeebus this guy has a fucking great resume.

One has to recall that Costner was easily one of the biggest stars in the world- The Untouchables, No Way Out, Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, Dances with Wolves, Prince of Thieves, JFK, and The bodyguard all within like a five year span. 93 he gives a great nuanced performance in Eastwood’s box office failure but really critically esteemed film A Perfect World.

Then we get to the mid 90s and Waterworld happens and...poor, Kevin.

It’s a subpar movie. I never even got the argument that- well it’s bad but it’s entertaining. And it’s not bad enough where it’s so awful that it’s good fun like some bad movies.

I’m a big Costner guy though- as a fan of most of those previously named movies and his westerns as well. Guy is a boss as far as I’m concerned. I’m glad that Man of Steel led to a resurgence for him.

I think that movie with him and Diane Lane re-teaming looks solid.
It also featured the gal from napoleon dynamite.
b06e8fa505fc5293ad7f9861307d1122.jpg

He actually has had a great career. The bombs are bombs, but besides his mega hits like Dances With Wolves, JFK, 13 Days, Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, Open Range, and The Untouchables, he has done a ton of smaller really good movies like : Mr. Brooks, 3 Days to Kill, The Highway Men, Dragon Fly, McFarland USA, Draft Day etc...Jeebus this guy has a fucking great resume.

Highway Men was well done. Him and Woody was one of those pairings that ended up being inspired.

Eh I kinda liked it but Costner is like an automatic 3 stars for me, so I gave it a solid 3.1 stars outta 5

I also give a little break because the director had a hidden gem of a movie before Waterworld about a Russian tank that gets lost and then hunted by Mujaheddin in Afghanistan

The-Beast-1988-film.jpg

Back