Going Rogue

graedy said:
So these are only your butt-supplements?

Yes.

Lusst said:
If so, I don't want to know how he ingests them...

Yes.

Some back work in about an hour. I'll have to try to make it extra special for my first log entry.

Competition, in any form, is always a good thing. Unless you're in jail and the competition is between Bubba and Dirk to see who gets to break in the new guy...but I digress.

Good shit man.

09/01/2006

Did some arm work today...

Close grip dips up to BW+135 x 6

Tate Presses

CHINS

Hammer curls

Went on to do a little oly assistance work. Clean pulls from the rack @ 235, Snatch pulls from the floor at 185.

I'd really like to get my power clean numbers up. Right now, my best PC is 235 or 245... I can't quite remember. If I can get it up tp 275, I'll feel pretty good about it. If I hit 315, I might just walk down the street and throw strangers for fun. One of my favorite vids that's been posted here (and everywhere, for that matter) was that of Matt Meinrod (FSU) power cleaning 405 like it was baby weight. So impressive...

Finished again w/ Tabata burpees. Christ, those are hard. I got one of those little Gymboss interval timers and it's pretty great. It's nice and small, very audible and even counts your sets so when you're so gassed you start to hallucinate, you can just look at the timer to see how much more you have to endure.

Good story.

Someday, I wish to have a disciple of my own...:icon_chee

Lard-ass said:
Someday, I wish to have a disciple of my own...:icon_chee

You will, my son. You will. And when you do, just remember to rule with a benevolent hand.

...until the time comes to use your power crush your pupil to dust.

09/04/2006

Didn't work today due to the holiday and due to the fact that my gym is across the street from my work, I didn't hit the gym today, either.

Instead, I did some Tabata burpees in my family room followed by some forearm work... thick bar reverse curls and formulator. That's it for the long weekend.

09/06/2006

Shoulders

One Arm Dumbell Snatch

65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 3
115 x 1
125 x 1 w/ right. Missed it today w/ left. Poop.

Standing Overhead Press

135 x 5 strict
185 x 5 strict
205 x 1 strict
215 x 1 (slight leg drive)
185 x 4 strict + 2 push
165 x 4 strict + 2 push
135 x 8 strict

One Arm Dumbell Press, Lying Sideways on 60 Degree Incline Bench
(What the fuck is this? Does it have a name? Is it even a real exercise or did I just make it up? I don

Are your posts written with the blood of your enemies?

Frodo said:
Are your posts written with the blood of your enemies?

You've made me laugh. Now, I must kill you.

Actually, I was writing my actual log entries in a different color from my incoherent babbling posts so that I could easily go back and review items of importance.

Man, that's badass that you have someone with you that actually wants to learn how to properly move iron. Everyone that I have always worked out with in the past year or so, call me "stupid" or "crazy" for wanting to get stronger, and not just wanting to look "toned".

But yeah, nothing frustrates me more than going for a max deadlift, only to fail because of grip, bad form etc. After that happens, you are pretty much fucked for the day because of the mental anguish, so I've learned to just back the weight down, increase the reps, and tell myself that I'll get it sooner or later.

fat_wilhelm said:
You've made me laugh. Now, I must kill you.

Actually, I was writing my actual log entries in a different color from my incoherent babbling posts so that I could easily go back and review items of importance.
I just went with underlining the title of that day's lifting (eg. Squat day), but I can see the crazy-ass colour scheme has its own special benefits (including but not limited to serious eye-strain).

SmashiusClay said:
I just went with underlining the title of that day's lifting (eg. Squat day), but I can see the crazy-ass colour scheme has its own special benefits (including but not limited to serious eye-strain).

Well, yours is a good idea, but I'll never admit that in public. After reading Frodo's last post, I've decided that I prefer over . Less eye strain for our English brethren. Log entries have been updated with this beautiful new color.

I'm about to go do some back work. Due to the minor callus tearing of last week, I may just have to return to Zercher's today. I've been putting it off for a good while, but this is as good a reason as any.

9/07/2006

First, a quick note. Some of you may have read the start of my overhead squat thread many moons ago, and, thus, understand why my workout logs start w/ body parts rather than movements, i.e. “back” rather than “pull”. For those that read the first word and cringe, however, here’s the deal:

I lift at a gym that is across the street from where I work. I lift on my lunch hour. I enjoy lifting. I enjoy lifting enough that I’d rather go every lunch hour (five days a week) than three days a week and sit my ass at my computer for some hardcore solitaire or minesweeper the other two days. Since I’m going to the gym five days a week, I split it up to work for me. Even though the log titles make it look like a bodybuilding routine, hopefully you read on far enough to realize that the exercises are pretty sound. I just distribute them a bit more than most. Now…

Back:

Zercher Deadlifts from the floor (no belt):

135 x 3
225 x 2
315 x 1
335 x 1 (old PR)
345 x 1 (new PR)

(I will follow up w/ photos of cool forearm bruises as soon as they peak.)

One Arm Dumbbell Rows:

This is sort of my pet exercise, but I’ve been hitting BOR’s so much lately that these have been neglected a bit. I do love them so, however. Last time I did ‘em, I hit the 150 for like 22 reps and 150’s are as high as our dumbbells go so I decided to get creative today. I took my big-ass rope that I carry with me at all times and jerry-rigged a 25 pound plate to the bottom of a 150. Voilà… 175 lb. dumbbell.

175 x 7, each side
150 x 10, each side
150 x 10, each side
150 x 10, each side

Thickbar Pullups:

We don’t have a thick bar at my gym, but this is where my big-ass rope comes in handy once again. I just wind it tightly around the pullup bar and voilà… instant thick bar.

Bodyweight x 6
Bodyweight x 4
Bodyweight x 4
(I suck way worse at these than I used to)

Towel pull-ups:

Bodyweight x 4
Bodyweight x 6

Then, did three sets of stiff arm pulldowns for some much needed fluff. Weight and reps inconsequential.

Finished with Tabata mother-fuckin’ burpees.

In other news, Tayon missed his workout yesterday, so he was pulling double duty today w/ some shoulder work. He hit a strict OHP PR at 185 and a push press PR of 225. Nice!

LPF4 said:
Since you have a protege, we could call you "Coach".

With that here's an article for you.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5941726

I don't really see you doing this, but wouldn't expect any less from Bacon.

Being from the Detroit area, I heard about this yesterday on the radio. That franchise is an embarrassment in every possible way. Funny stuff, though, and yes, from the stories bacon has shared on this board, I could totally see him doing something like this.

Driving nude would be a first....even for me. I hope he doesn't have leather seats...

BTW, "Voila" appears WAY too many times in this log. It's almost stealing the macheesemo from the zerchers.

bacon said:
BTW, "Voila" appears WAY too many times in this log. It's almost stealing the macheesemo from the zerchers.

That's just because you pronounced it wrong.

Viola?
viola.jpg

Sorry, you're right. That halfassed violin is MUCH more manly than the French equivalent of "There you fucking have it".

Back