Going out when you don't smoke

You are victim blaming. I'm not polluting their air, I'm not infringing on them.

It's a public place that is open to the public. According to you, it's their right to oppress me ...

It is their right. It's legal.

Don't like it? Don't go in. The choice is yours.

If they want to ... good point. Now, what about those that don't want to ... what about the effects of second hand smoking? On those that have chosen not to smoke.

If they want to smoke, then that's fine. I have no problem with that. Just don't pollute everyone elses' air ... You don't own the oxygen ...

It's not like any more people started going to pubs... Way less, and without the pubs communities lost their focal points... It was an absolute disaster for a lit more people than it benefited. The people that were against it were just on a crusade and didn't even drink out.

Neither do you.
We all do, collectively. We share it. So, it should be kept clean for everyone to enjoy.

Smoking in an enclosed space is irresponsible, smoking outside is fine, as the smoke dissipates into the atmosphere.

It's not like any more people started going to pubs... Way less, and without the pubs communities lost their focal points... It was an absolute disaster for a lit more people than it benefited. The people that were against it were just on a crusade and didn't even drink out.

Do you have any evidence? Or is this anecdotal? Or is the smoking bad part of a wider movement towards healthier living and people drinking less alcohol in general?

No matter how bad Japan may be with their smoking....China is 10x worse....

I work in a biology lab and I catch student smoking. IN THE FUCKING LAB!!!! Almost daily...

I was there last month... I saw a guy selling fireworks smoking during a transaction. One spark and it would have left a crater.

Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing... don't like it, don't go in.

I'm so glad they banned smoking indoors here. I remember how you used to go to a club or a bar and the next morning your eyes would be hurting from all the damn smoke in the place. Coffee shops, christ you used to go into a family restaurant like Swiss Chalet or something and there was a smoking section where classless fucks would be sucking back nicotine while eating a half chicken dinner. And you're in the non smoking section but in reality you're 5 feet away from the idiot just separated by a planter or whatever and you're breathing that crap in. It seems crazy to me now that it used to be like that, like it was a whole other lifetime.

When they were passing these bylaws in Ontario back then, there was all this talk that people wouldn't go out anymore if smoking wasn't allowed indoors. "All the bars are gonna go out of business! This is terrible for the economy!" All turned out to be bullshit, of course. I would hate to live somewhere that it's still allowed like where TS lives.

I was there last month... I saw a guy selling fireworks smoking during a transaction. One spark and it would have left a crater.

Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing... don't like it, don't go in.

Yeah I mean if you want to smoke...smoke. But when the sign says no smoking...don't smoke. The Chinese dont seem to get that part.

I was in a pub tonight, there was a clear smoking/non smoking section. We were in the non smoking and ....people were smoking lol.

Do you have any evidence? Or is this anecdotal? Or is the smoking bad part of a wider movement towards healthier living and people drinking less alcohol in general?

Well I work in the restaurant industry, and was part of a petition to keep smoking areas within business, and I dealt with a few lobbyists against who I've been in touch with about other stuff since, and they revel in their victory but don't give a shit either way really because they're not party people.

Night clubs smell of sweat and farts now.

We all do, collectively. We share it. So, it should be kept clean for everyone to enjoy.

You got bigger problems with clean air, than smokers. In fucking Japan, no less.

Smoking in an enclosed space is irresponsible, smoking outside is fine, as the smoke dissipates into the atmosphere.

Irresponsible according to you. Looks like the country of Japan disagrees.

Maybe you should move.

You got bigger problems with clean air, than smokers. In fucking Japan, no less.

Irresponsible according to you. Looks like the country of Japan disagrees.

Maybe you should move.
lol, I ain't moving over it ... it doesn't affect me that badly. It's nuisance and I avoid certain establishments over it and social events. Which is unfortunate.

Also, I'm not going to get into democratic philosophy here, but Japan hasn't had a referendum on the issue of public smoking ... until that happens that the majority agrees that it should be legal, Japan doesn't disagree with me.

I sometimes smoke when I drink, and I always stand away from the general public. I just feel weird smoking in the middle of non-smokers.

I promise you your coffin is not going to be hermetically sealed, or wiped down with antibacterial soap. Your body is a temporary tool that is constantly growing & decaying at the same time. The clock is ticking. Don't be the guy that never took the car out of the garage.
I can appreciate your general message, point taken. But, I ain't walking around breathing through my mouth, that's gross, dude!

I can appreciate your general message, point taken. But, I ain't walking around breathing through my mouth, that's gross, dude!
The thought of breathing in your mouth being gross, is just a thought. Whatever you are smelling is going into your lungs, either way. If you breathe it in through your nose, you have this illusion that you are somehow filtering it, which is bullshit. Your nose is not a Brita. All you are really doing is taking it in AND smelling it, which sucks. Breathe through your mouth in a smelly situation. Same physical intake, less suffering.

I have a hard time breathing around cigarette smoke as well. Try getting stoned.

Smoking is a disgusting habit, I'm glad they outlawed it indoors here.

Heaven forbid you ever bring to a smoker's attention how invasive their putrid haze of cigarette smoke is, and they'll get all disgruntled and indignant like their habit isn't the disgusting thing that it is. In my experience, very few smokers are considerate of non-smokers. Most give off this defensive vibe like they're bitter that they're hooked and you're not, so anytime you complain about it it's because there's something wrong with you, not them. lol.

The only place I've ever seen ashtrays still on the bar in NY is at a VFW, but I couldn't be mad at that.

Back