Going by FightMatrix, Fedor and Cro Cop are both top 20 heavyweights

Maybe but Davis still landed enough that I don't think you can justifiably give Nemkov the first round on his leg kicks alone. They both landed about the same in that round IMO but Davis landed the hardest shot in the first minute.

I'm not, he landed puches as well and was the agressor. Striking, agression, octagon control, pace, all of it went to Nemkov in round 1.

Round 2 was way more of a toss up than round 1 was.

I'm not, he landed puches as well and was the agressor. Striking, agression, octagon control, pace, all of it went to Nemkov in round 1.

I'm not denying Nemkov landed punches in round 1 as well as leg kicks but that doesn't change the fact Davis landed the hardest shot in a round where neither guy did much damage. And neither fighter was really the aggressor so you can't give the round to either fighter based off of that.

I'm not denying Nemkov landed punches in round 1 as well as leg kicks but that doesn't change the fact Davis landed the hardest shot in a round where neither guy did much damage. And neither fighter was really the aggressor so you can't give the round to either fighter based off of that.

You don't win a round just by having the hardest single punch of a round that didn't even do anything, that's insane.

The kicks to the legs and body were far more effective.

You don't win a round just by having the hardest single punch of a round that didn't even do anything, That's insane.

It did do something though. It noticeably staggered Nemkov and was the hardest shot in a round where neither guy did much damage. BTW, I'm trying to find play-by-play's of Bellator 209 and the only one I've been able to find so far is MMAMania which makes me think you're lying when you say that there are other play-by-play's that gave it to Nemkov. If you're not, then surely you would be able to provide at least one other play-by-play of the event besides the one you've already posted, right?

It did do something though. It noticeably staggered Nemkov and was the hardest shot in a round where neither guy did much damage. BTW, I'm trying to find play-by-play's of Bellator 209 and the only one I've been able to find so far is MMAMania which makes me think you're lying when you say that there are other play-by-play's that gave it to Nemkov. If you're not, then surely you would be able to provide at least one other play-by-play of the event besides the one you've already posted, right?

No, it did not stagger Nemkov, neither guy was hurt with strikes in this fight.

Nemkov also had a takedown and submission attempt in round 1. He won on every metric MMA is scored by, grappling, striking, agression, octagon control, finishing attempts, all of it in round 1 was in Nemkov's favor. You really need to re-watch the fight.

No, it did not stagger Nemkov, neither guy was hurt with strikes in this fight.

Nemkov also had a takedown and submission attempt in round 1. He won on every metric MMA is scored by, grappling, striking, agression, octagon control, finishing attempts, all of it in round 1 was in Nemkov's favor. You really need to re-watch the fight.

I think the one who needs to rewatch the fight is you. Nemkov was clearly hurt in the first minute and you have no proof to back up your claim that the metrics were in favour of Nemkov, only your own subjective opinion. And in my own subjective opinion it was Davis who won. Neither guy was the aggressor or controlled the octagon much and there was very little striking or grappling but Davis still landed the hardest shot in the first round hence why I give it to him. Also, still waiting on a response to the second part of my last post.

I think the one who needs to rewatch the fight is you. Nemkov was clearly hurt in the first minute and you have no proof to back up your claim that the metrics were in favour of Nemkov, only your own subjective opinion. And in my own subjective opinion it was Davis who won. Neither guy was the aggressor or controlled the octagon much and there was very little striking or grappling but Davis still landed the hardest shot in the first round hence why I give it to him. Also, still waiting on a response to the second part of my last post.

The submission attempt alone was of more value than Davis' overhand on top of that Nemkov took Davis down, landed more strikes, and was the agressor. If you think Davis won that round then you're bad at scoring fights and I will never agree with you.

I already told you I am at work and websites are blocked, I posted the one play by play that I have access to that isn't blocked. Please read my posts before replying to them or just don't reply because there's no point debating with someone that isn't reading.

FightMatrix is trash, they also have Vadim Nemkov as the #2 LHW in the world and Phil Davis as the #3.
As they should. Bader and DC are at HW, Gus recent wins aren't that great. Nemkov at #2 is fair.
Nemkov lost to Jiri Prochazka and Karl Albrektsson, both of whom have embarrassing losses of their own. His fight with Davis was pretty arguably a robbery too. I saw it and Phil Davis definitely landed the harder shots and controlled the grappling.
These 2 are some of the best LHW prospects in the world, no shame in losing close fights to them. Yeah, they have some loses, it's MMA, fighters lose fights and then get better with that experience. Since then Nemkov obviously improved a lot.
There are plenty of guys in Fighter Matrix 15-20 in divisions that aren't and will never be A level fighters. Sam Alvey and OSP are in at 205. Uriah Hall, David Branch, Bruno Silva at 185, Alex Olievera at 170, list goes on.
Do you even know who Bruno Silva is? How do you know he won't be a "A level fighter"? This guy is a fantastic striker who destroyed Shlemenko after Storm had that close as fuck fight with Mousasi, lol.

As they should. Bader and DC are at HW, Gus recent wins aren't that great. Nemkov at #2 is fair.
These 2 are some of the best LHW prospects in the world, no shame in losing close fights to them. Yeah, they have some loses, it's MMA, fighters lose fights and then get better with that experience. Since then Nemkov obviously improved a lot.
Do you even know who Bruno Silva is? How do you know he won't be a "A level fighter"? This guy is a fantastic striker who destroyed Shlemenko after Storm had that close as fuck fight with Mousasi, lol.

Thank you, it's nice to see someone that's an MMA fan and not just a UFC fan.

The submission attempt alone was of more value than Davis' overhand on top of that Nemkov took Davis down, landed more strikes, and was the agressor. If you think Davis won that round then you're bad at scoring fights and I will never agree with you.

I already told you I am at work and websites are blocked, I posted the one play by play that I have access to that isn't blocked. Please read my posts before replying to them or just don't reply because there's no point debating with someone that isn't reading.

Bullshit. Nemkov was rattled bad by that overhand, the only significant moment of that round and as I keep telling you over and over neither fighter was particularly aggressive. Also, where are you getting the idea that Nemkov landed more strikes than Davis from? As far as I can tell Bellator doesn't release statistics like that. The one who's bad at scoring fights is you and I'm not the only one who thinks Nemkov lost that fight. Also, what's stopping you from just prodividing the name of another play-by-play so I can search for it on Google or something? I think the real reason you're not providing evidence of any other play-by-play's is because you can't and you want to create the perception that the media was mostly in favour of Nemkov when you have absolutely no hard proof to back that up.

ufc heavy weight division has always been shallow.
before they bought out pride it was almost a joke.
randy jumped to heavy just like dc, because it was an easier than beating the lhw champ.
would be nice to see guys stay in their own lanes these days.
the champ champ era is screwing up mma.
mma needs less weight divisions

There are plenty of guys in Fighter Matrix 15-20 in divisions that aren't and will never be A level fighters. Sam Alvey and OSP are in at 205. Uriah Hall, David Branch, Bruno Silva at 185, Alex Olievera at 170, list goes on.

Mirko- Ishii, King Mo, Giant Sumo who beat Aerts/TK, Aliakbari (9-1, beaten legit prospects and Geromino)

Fedor- Mir, Sonnen
Ishii has never done anything to matter. King Mo is a 205er that isn't elite in his natural division. Giant Sumo .. lol. Aliakbari is barely above prospect himself. That resume does not constitute a top ranking.

Mir has 2 wins in his last 8, Sonnen is a middleweight

I thought this list was top 20 HWs of all time. Obviously if consider the last X years, newer fighters have achieved more.
If we were saying all-time, I wouldn't argue with anybody saying they belong in the top 5 with Fedor #1. But right now, they are fine where they are ranked.

Ishii has never done anything to matter. King Mo is a 205er that isn't elite in his natural division. Giant Sumo .. lol. Aliakbari is barely above prospect himself. That resume does not constitute a top ranking.

Mir has 2 wins in his last 8, Sonnen is a middleweight
Amir is at least top 30 in the world, so yeah he's a good win that matters a lot. Specially considering it was a stunning KO. Compare Mirko's recent wins to Tuivasa's, whose best win is a SD over 2018 Arlovski lol

Amir is at least top 30 in the world, so yeah he's a good win that matters a lot. Specially considering it was a stunning KO. Compare Mirko's recent wins to Tuivasa's, whose best win is a SD over 2018 Arlovski lol
Unanimous win over Arlovski, and Tuivasa is ranked lower .. so what's the problem?

lol, how about the fact that 1/4th of the top 20 are PRIDE fighters

and itd be 6/20 if Werdum wasnt inactive/suspended too. And these are all guys in their 40s as well or 2 years off for Sergei and Reem.

Fedor, Mirko, Sergei, Reem, Hunto, Werdum.........all 10-15+ years past their prime still in the top 20 lmao.........just imagine if these other HWs were around for HWs peak in the mid 2000s. Yikes......most wouldnt last. Derrick Lewis being top 3 and fighting for a title LMAOOOO.....

Back