Going by FightMatrix, Fedor and Cro Cop are both top 20 heavyweights

Mark hunt is number 12 and is 1-4-0-1 in his past 6 fights. Whats that tell you?

HW is a shitty division and losing to highly ranked guys doesn't hurt your ranking much and the younger HWs aren't getting to fight highly ranked guys so it takes them time to move up in the rankings till they get higher ranked wins.

FightMatrix is trash, they also have Vadim Nemkov as the #2 LHW in the world and Phil Davis as the #3.

FightMatrix is trash, they also have Vadim Nemkov as the #2 LHW in the world and Phil Davis as the #3.

How is that bad? Who would you rank above them other than Jones? Only other person I can think of that should be ranked above them is Bader. DC is at HW. Gus is 3-4 over his last 7 fights Davis is 5-2 over his last 7 and was ranked like 6 or 7th before that, Nemkov is 5-2 over his last 7 with his last win being over Davis who was in the top 5 at the time.

Hate to break it to you but the LHW division isn't very good right now.

Who would you rank above him? I can only think of Jones and Bader. Gus has multiple recent losses, DC is a HW now and Nemkov recently beat Davis who was ranked somewhere in the top 5-7. He's got a longer winning streak than any UFC LHW other than Jones and has the highest ranked win in that streak other than Jones and Bader.

Ranking someone high because they haven’t lost while not facing as good competition is dumb. You should be ranking skill and who would seemingly win in a fight, not who’s the most winningest fighter.

Ranking someone high because they haven’t lost while not facing as good competition is dumb. You should be ranking skill and who would seemingly win in a fight, not who’s the most winningest fighter.

But the competition isn't lower other than Jones and DC. Davis is better than anyone Gus has beaten in his last 7 so is Nemkov.

I'm a Gus fan but I don't think he should be ranked over either of them or Bader.

But the competition isn't lower other than Jones and DC. Davis is better than anyone Gus has beaten in his last 7 so is Nemkov.

I'm a Gus fan but I don't think he should be ranked over either of them or Bader.

I was speaking about someone like Gus being ranked lower because he lost to someone like Jones. That's stupid. Nemkov would get steamrolled by Jones too. He'd get beaten by Gus too. Why should he be #2?

Seeing as MMA isn't a tourney or points driven like other sports there aren't automatic rankings so you should be basing ranks off of a combination of skill, who would win head to head presently, and who has been putting in better performances. Fightmatrix does their rankings essentially off of MMAMath which is stupid.

I was speaking about someone like Gus being ranked lower because he lost to someone like Jones. That's stupid. Nemkov would get steamrolled by Jones too. He'd get beaten by Gus too. Why should he be #2?

Seeing as MMA isn't a tourney or points driven like other sports there aren't automatic rankings so you should be basing ranks off of a combination of skill, who would win head to head presently, and who has been putting in better performances. Fightmatrix does their rankings essentially off of MMAMath which is stupid.

Because rankings should not be based on assumptions, they should be based on results and Gus has had a lot of losses recently while Nemkov has been on a winning streak including a higher ranked win than any Gus has in his last 7.

Fightmatrix doesn't do their rankings based on MMA math they use a point system based on rankings not assumptions about things that haven't happened.

Never been a big fan of FightMatrix rankings but both should be in the top 20 at the moment. Pride never dies.

Because rankings should not be based on assumptions, they should be based on results and Gus has had a lot of losses recently while Nemkov has been on a winning streak including a higher ranked win than any Gus has in his last 7.

Fightmatrix doesn't do their rankings based on MMA math they use a point system based on rankings not assumptions about things that haven't happened.

Nemkov lost to Jiri Prochazka and Karl Albrektsson, both of whom have embarrassing losses of their own. His fight with Davis was pretty arguably a robbery too. I saw it and Phil Davis definitely landed the harder shots and controlled the grappling.

how many people can even really name more than 20 heavyweights still actively fighting? guys are ranked basically on the basis that people still remember their name

Nemkov lost to Jiri Prochazka and Karl Albrektsson, both of whom have embarrassing losses of their own. His fight with Davis was pretty arguably a robbery too. I saw it and Phil Davis definitely landed the harder shots and controlled the grappling.

Davis clearly lost 2 out of the 3 rounds, he had the best round of the fight but it wasn't close to a 10-8. Nemkov only had 5 and 6 fights at the time of those fights, fighters get better.

Davis clearly lost 2 out of the 3 rounds, he had the best round of the fight but it wasn't close to a 10-8. Nemkov only had 5 and 6 fights at the time of those fights, fighters get better.

Sorry pal, just because you say it's so doesn't make it so. There's a reason that was a split decision and of the two media members who scored that fight both of them had it for different fighters. If more people saw that fight and scored it who knows who they'd score it for but IMO most of them would score it for Davis. I certainly did at any rate.

Sorry pal, just because you say it's so doesn't make it so. There's a reason that was a split decision and of the two media members who scored that fight both of them had it for different fighters. If more people saw that fight and scored it who knows who they'd score it for but IMO most of them would score it for Davis. I certainly did at any rate.

LMAO, you're the one disagreeing with the results and the majority of the media scores. 2/3rds of the judges had the first 2 rounds for Nemkov as did the majority of the media play by plays.

Have you seen the media scores? Are you aware that fight was a split decision?

Yes, most of them are scored 29-28 in favor of Nemkov. Yes, are you aware what a split decision means?

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/95...s;jsessionid=9A5F2F88CC320A5C8659FF755E5363D9

Which media scores are you referring to? And what a split decision means is one judge disagreed with the other two. That means there's an official argument that the fight was won by the guy who lost in the eyes of the other two judges.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/11/16...-by-play-updates-paramount-network-israel-mma

I'm at work so I cannot view that link. I looked up play by plays before for this fight on Reddit and the majority of the scores were 29-28 for Nemkov.

That's not necessarily true, it could mean that 2 of the judges are good at their jobs and one isn't or one had a bad angle ect. split decisions can mean a lot of different things. There have been plenty of split decisions in fight where one guy clearly won.

Eh when you compare different leagues. It is hard for heavyweights since there are different testing parameters. I do like the Bellator more laxed testing for the older guys

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/11/16...-by-play-updates-paramount-network-israel-mma

I'm at work so I cannot view that link. I looked up play by plays before for this fight on Reddit and the majority of the scores were 29-28 for Nemkov.

That's not necessarily true, it could mean that 2 of the judges are good at their jobs and one isn't or one had a bad angle ect. split decisions can mean a lot of different things. There have been plenty of split decisions in fight where one guy clearly won.

Post proof. Your word alone is not enough for something like this. And other people besides that judge think Nemkov lost that fight, as you can see from that link I posted.

Post proof. Your word alone is not enough for something like this. And other people besides that judge think Nemkov lost that fight, as you can see from that link I posted.

Can you read or are you just not? I am at work and cannot view that link. If you want to show me what's in the link you have to copy and paste the info otherwise it's just your word at this point.

I posted a play by play showing Nemkov winning 29-28, same as the official results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back