Going by FightMatrix, Fedor and Cro Cop are both top 20 heavyweights

and who has Mirko or Fedor beaten worth mentioning in the last 5 years?
Gabriel Gonzaga who retired before coming back for a payday against the other Emelianenko and Frank Mir?

Aliakbari is better than anyone Tybura has beat.

Mark hunt is number 12 and is 1-4-0-1 in his past 6 fights. Whats that tell you?

Well, considering DC is currently at heavyweight, who you would rank above Nemkov other than Gus? That win over Phil Davis is better than anything Gus did recently by the way..
Nah, that's his MMA win streak, on RIZIN, he hasn't been competing in KB for a while.

Meh beating Blachowicz is comparable to beating Davis and beating Glover, Jan, Shogun, Thiago Silva etc is better than beating Davis and McGeary.

As much as I love Pride, Fightmatrix has been garbage.

We once had their criteria for judging and it was some of the most off the wall ish.

I'd agree both guys are top 20. The good HWs in Russia are already making good money and would take entry level contracts. Hence the reason it took so long to sign Pavlovich and the reason he fought Reem in his debut.
In my opinion they should do better scouting and try to poach some green talent and get them development deals where if they (young prospects) show signs of improvement/promise they get some cash and later on sign with UFC, after getting experience either on the regional Russian scene on in UFC satellite promotions like LFA and CESMMA. A UFC PI in Russia would be phenomenal too. Guys like Anton Vyazigin, Anatoliy Malykhin, Rizvan Kuniev and Shamil Abasov are all decent prospects who will end up signing with ACA in locked contracts making good money if UFC doesn't give them other interesting option.
Sad that Tai Tuivasa is considered #20 just for the Arlovski robbery
Not a robbery, close fight.
Mark hunt is number 12 and is 1-4-0-1 in his past 6 fights. Whats that tell you?
He beat Derrick Lewis who just fought for the title though.
Meh beating Blachowicz is comparable to beating Davis and beating Glover, Jan, Shogun, Thiago Silva etc is better than beating Davis and McGeary.
Keyword is recently, these wins over Shogun and Silva were half decade ago. At this point beating Davis and McGeary is pretty much as impressive as beating old man Glover and Jan, specially considering what a lackluster win that was.
Hard to say, last person he beat worth a squirt lost to Struve.
nah, his best wins are Denis Smoldarev and Fedor's protege Valentin Moldavskiy, 2 decent prospects, not Dan O~

In my opinion they should do better scouting and try to poach some green talent and get them development deals where if they (young prospects) show signs of improvement/promise they get some cash and later on sign with UFC, after getting experience either on the regional Russian scene on in UFC satellite promotions like LFA and CESMMA. A UFC PI in Russia would be phenomenal too. Guys like Anton Vyazigin, Anatoliy Malykhin, Rizvan Kuniev and Shamil Abasov are all decent prospects who will end up signing with ACA in locked contracts making good money if UFC doesn't give them other interesting option.
Not a robbery, close fight.
He beat Derrick Lewis who just fought for the title though.
Keyword is recently, these wins over Shogun and Silva were half decade ago. At this point beating Davis and McGeary is pretty much as impressive as beating old man Glover and Jan, specially considering what a lackluster win that was.
nah, his best wins are Denis Smoldarev and Fedor's protege Valentin Moldavskiy, 2 decent prospects, not Dan O~

Beating McGeary and Davis is close but not quite as good as beating Jan and Glover. Yes Glover is old but Davis has been lackluster recently and Glover wasn't quite as old when Gus beat him. Also Jan is a way better win than Mcgeary. McGeary is by far the weakest of the 4 (he wouldn't be Gus 4th or 5th best win).

Gus seems to want to stay more active so let's hope he gets a couple more fights in this year and we can see where he's at.

If you look at the top 20 hws, 13 of them are late 30s into 40s. Fucking crazy.

Not really since the HW is pure garbage and always has been. There just is not enough big athletic guys around who would like to get punched in the face.

all i know is JDS is top 5

Beating McGeary and Davis is close but not quite as good as beating Jan and Glover. Yes Glover is old but Davis has been lackluster recently and Glover wasn't quite as old when Gus beat him. Also Jan is a way better win than Mcgeary. McGeary is by far the weakest of the 4 (he wouldn't be Gus 4th or 5th best win).

Gus seems to want to stay more active so let's hope he gets a couple more fights in this year and we can see where he's at.
Davis had just beat Vassell by head kick KO, he also dominated Leite, Mo and McGeary doing what he always did in UFC, in my opinion it's a great win, and better than beating Jan and/or Glover. I agree McGeary is the weakest of the 4, although not by much, since i think Glover has REALLY lost a step, tbh i think Cutelaba would've knocked him out.

These 4 i'd rank as Davis > Jan > Glover > McGeary right now, so when you weigh in both Nemkov's and Gustaffsson's recent results, i see them being pretty much equivalent.
all i know is JDS is top 5
he will be if he beats Lewis, not before

Not really since the HW is pure garbage and always has been. There just is not enough big athletic guys around who would like to get punched in the face.
always has been is a stretch in my opinion, not sure how you could say that on the HW golden era of great kickboxers on K1 with Hoost, Aerts, Remy, JLB, Feitosa, Filho, Sefo etc + PRIDE with younger versions of Cro Cop, Fedor, Big Nog, Aleks, Semmy, Hunt, Kharitonov, Coleman, Overeem going back and forth at LHW/HW, etc

the division got old and the experienced veterans like Overeem and JDS are punishing and stopping the young talent coming up..

Marcin Tybura above Fedor, Kharitnov and Mirko? Is this a joke?

Is it because he beat the ever so dangerous P4P king Stefan Struve <Lmaoo>
Sadly, Struve would KO Fedor, Kharitonov, and Mirko. Tbyura also beats them all. The actual NFL has wins over Fedor and Mirko with guys that got kicked out after 1 season.

Fightmatrix also has Vadim Nemkov as their #2 LHW.

Fightmatrix is and has always been one of the shittiest rankings out there, and tends to be used by fans only when someone wants to say either an irrelevant fighter is highly ranked as no other site ranks them as high as Fightmatrix, or a fighter they dislike is lower ranked there compared to everywhere else. AKA when they're trying to be biased.

I think it's the best. It's based around facts and an algorithm. It has flaws but it remains consistent. UFC ranking are the shittiest because the so called "indépendant journalists" rank Nate Diaz at #9 LW while he hasn't fought for 2 years and half and lost his last fight for example.

Fightmatrix also has Vadim Nemkov as their #2 LHW.

Fightmatrix is and has always been one of the shittiest rankings out there, and tends to be used by fans only when someone wants to say either an irrelevant fighter is highly ranked as no other site ranks them as high as Fightmatrix, or a fighter they dislike is lower ranked there compared to everywhere else. AKA when they're trying to be biased.

Who would you rank above him? I can only think of Jones and Bader. Gus has multiple recent losses, DC is a HW now and Nemkov recently beat Davis who was ranked somewhere in the top 5-7. He's got a longer winning streak than any UFC LHW other than Jones and has the highest ranked win in that streak other than Jones and Bader.

Back