Movies GODZILLA MINUS ONE (98% Rotten Tomatoes Score)

If you have seen GODZILLA MINUS ONE, how would you rate it?

• 10 - Excellent

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • 9 - Great

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • 8 - Good

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 7 - Pretty Good

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 6 - Decent

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 5 - Average

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 4 - Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terrible

• 1 - Abysmal

• Not interested in watching this.

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
I cannot believe this didn't at least get a nomination for best picture. Unbelievable man. The academy has their heads so far up their own asses.

I'd love to be able to brag that Godzilla has won an Oscar, but there's some hard competition. A prestige film like Napoleon will probably take it though.

Any oscar bait(minority and gay)movies in contention?

"The Creator"
"Godzilla Minus One"
"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3"
"Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One"
"Napoleon"

I don't know what kind of buzz The Creator has, but I'd have to imagine the academy will slobber over Ridley Scott.

I cannot believe this didn't at least get a nomination for best picture. Unbelievable man. The academy has their heads so far up their own asses.
idk about that. it was also in a tough position for best international feature because Perfect Days always would have been chosen over Godzilla as Japan’s entry, even though Wim Wenders is German. but tbh, Japan’s entry should have been Monster, so Godzilla kinda stood no chance against either of those two films

idk about that. it was also in a tough position for best international feature because Perfect Days always would have been chosen over Godzilla as Japan’s entry, even though Wim Wenders is German. but tbh, Japan’s entry should have been Monster, so Godzilla kinda stood no chance against either of those two films
Bruh, no one saw or ever heard of the movies you referenced. Even with a much much much bigger pool of reviewers, G Minus One got higher critic and audience scores than the films you referenced.

gminusone.png
3-Monster-Rotten-Tomatoes.png
2-Perfect-Days-Rotten-Tomatoes.png

G Minus One was a smashing success at the box office, with universal praise from audiences and critics. Virtually no one saw or even heard of the movies you're talking about.

I'm not saying G Minus One should be a lock for best picture, but with scores for the movie being that universally high, combined with its box office success, it 1000% should have been nominated.

Bruh, no one saw or ever heard of the movies you referenced. Even with a much much much bigger pool of reviewers, G Minus One got higher critic and audience scores than the films you referenced.

View attachment 1026085
View attachment 1026086
View attachment 1026087

G Minus One was a smashing success at the box office, with universal praise from audiences and critics. Virtually no one saw or even heard of the movies you're talking about.

I'm not saying G Minus One should be a lock for best picture, but with scores for the movie being that universally high, combined with its box office success, it 1000% should have been nominated.
if you don’t know who Wim Wenders (Perfect Days) & Kore-eda (Monster) are, that’s on you. Wenders is legit one of the certified GOAT German filmmakers & is one of the few legends from the 70s era who is still alive & still working. he has more than a few masterpieces populating his filmography, so this is a user error on your part, bud.

Kore-eda is a more contemporary auteur GOAT (despite being in his 60s). he has built up an absurdly consistent filmography since his directorial debut film, & stone cold masterpiece, Maborosi, in 1995. Monster continues his hot streak.

don’t get me wrong, i think Godzilla -1.0 is really good, but it doesn’t hold a flame to Perfect Days or Monster. they’re not even playing in the same league, let alone on the same field.

Super bummed I can’t catch Minus Color, really hoping they have it on the 4K blu ray I’ll inevitably buy.

On my way to Minus Color, will report back later. I saw the real film twice, anxious to see the differences. They didn't simply remove the color, they changed the tone and depth of the film, frame by frame. Pretty stoked for this nod to the original, on the character's 70th anniversary year.

On my way to Minus Color, will report back later. I saw the real film twice, anxious to see the differences. They didn't simply remove the color, they changed the tone and depth of the film, frame by frame. Pretty stoked for this nod to the original, on the character's 70th anniversary year.
We saw it a little while ago, it was the first Godzilla movie my wife has ever seen. She shed a few tears and thought it was a fantastic movie.

My thoughts on Minus Color, while some of the special effects became a little muddled overall I felt it brought out the tone of the movie more. It was a more of an emotional watch, the despair and sadness was intensified. I fucking loved it and can’t wait to
Own both versions.

We saw it a little while ago, it was the first Godzilla movie my wife has ever seen. She shed a few tears and thought it was a fantastic movie.

My thoughts on Minus Color, while some of the special effects became a little muddled overall I felt it brought out the tone of the movie more. It was a more of an emotional watch, the despair and sadness was intensified. I fucking loved it and can’t wait to
Own both versions.
It wasn't what I had in my head, with all the frame for frame talk and all, but I feel like they tried to make it look like a modern version of a classic Toho film. You didn't get the cigarette burns and the ultra grain, but I felt like the effects were different in different scenes. The scenes with him and Noriko were kinda bluish/grayish toned, a kind of soothing and emotional tone, where the scenes at sea looked legitimately like they were films in the 50s, with a suble hint of gain on the screen. The scenes in the plane had an effect that was present in a lot of older Toho war films, where the middle of the screen is much brighter than the edges, which are so dark you almost can't see that part of the screen. I think that this was the film the director really wanted to make, it seems like a huge love letter to the original film and to classic Toho, in general. I got Godzilla Raids Again vibes from the airplane scenes, and I thought the long scene where he destroys Ginza worked better in black and white, the nod to the train scene in the original looks spot on, in this version.

That's cool that you got your wife to go, and that she enjoyed it. The other two times I went with my dad, and then with my sisters, and one of my sisters cried. None of then are really much into Godzilla, either. Found it very satisfying to share this with them, I imagine you did, as well. This is the only movie in my life that I've seen in a theater more than twice, and I'd say I can count the number I've seen twice on one hand. And it was my first Japanese Godzilla film that I've seen in a proper theater, although my grandfather claims he took me to Godzilla 1985, although he is probably just confused. Glad I did my part to make this film a worldwide success, this shits all over Legendary, and I like Legendary.

Back