Movies GODZILLA MINUS ONE (98% Rotten Tomatoes Score)

If you have seen GODZILLA MINUS ONE, how would you rate it?

• 10 - Excellent

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • 9 - Great

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • 8 - Good

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 7 - Pretty Good

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 6 - Decent

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 5 - Average

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 4 - Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terrible

• 1 - Abysmal

• Not interested in watching this.

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
there’s bo way it cost less than $15M. i refuse to believe it! it can’t be possible

Saw. Really liked it. Think I'm past Godzilla's Frankenstein walk tho.

I think he means he wishes it were that cheap. But could be misinterpreting his words.
ah, you could be right. hard to parse from just the tweet quote pull i suppose. i’m sure an article has more context to it

I've seen reports of $13m and the director said the budget was one tenth or even one twentieth of a Hollywood production.

Japanese cinema is pretty small scale.

People can put together pretty impressive things if they have time. Most people kind of forget that Hollywood operates on this 1.5-2 year window for a movie. That means getting everything setup, laid out, picking actors, shooting for a few weeks, editing, marketing, and then release. A lot of that setup is about getting it out the door as quickly as possible to not tie up money in a project, which the longer it drags out, is likely a stalled project, and all your hired guns, the actors and director are not going to give you two years of their time to make the movie. Your hurried schedule is kind of about not tying up expensive talent.

I think an example of what you can do if you just have a group of people and jam through a production is the Lord of the Rings movies. The shot all three at once to save money and were able to do each movie for under $100 million. The principal of photography was working 274 days straight. There were hardly any big names in LOTR and I suspect that no-big name would sign off on being on set for 9 months.

P4P strongest godzilla? This one wasn't that big, but holyyyy sheeeeit does he pack a punch

It had the tinge of lower budget IMO. I think it's being overrated because it goes back to just good storytelling without any of the woke bullshit.

You kind of sound prissy like someone woke. Maybe, you are right wing woke.

Anyone know when this comes out on digital? Is there plans for an english dub like they did with shin godzilla?

Hope we can get this on the US dvd

all i know is that Japan will almost certainly def include it w/ the first limited edition bluray release, & you know that release will have dope packaging.

doesn’t exist yet, but i know i’ll be getting that one. regional-free bluray player bless!

First Godzilla movie I've seen where I cared about the human characters. And that made the film way better. It brought real tension every time Godzilla attacked instead of just celebrating the destruction.

And Godzilla is not a protagonist here, he's here to fuck shit up and kill everyone. Has the best city destruction scene I've ever seen.

Only really had one criticism of it

I didnt buy there was a way for the female lead to show up alive at the end. I liked her character though so it wasn't that big a deal.

Just got back from watching it and honestly it was alright. It was human interest movie with Godzilla thrown in
then a Godzilla film.

7/10 for me.

First Godzilla movie I've seen where I cared about the human characters. And that made the film way better. It brought real tension every time Godzilla attacked instead of just celebrating the destruction.

And Godzilla is not a protagonist here, he's here to fuck shit up and kill everyone. Has the best city destruction scene I've ever seen.

Only really had one criticism of it

I didnt buy there was a way for the female lead to show up alive at the end. I liked her character though so it wasn't that big a deal.

Same here. I thought her coming back took a lot away from her characterby negatingher sacrifice, but i so wanted the family to have a happy ending.

Back