God's motive

I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of those besides people of my own faith and background, I welcome a different perspective.

Why is it assumed that intent was involved in the creation of the universe

Why not? Why would your argument make any sense at all? He created the Unvierse out of nothing that is complex and leading to human beings that can reason that God exists.
But all this just with no intent. Okay. Sorry, but you would not apply this logic to anything else in the fucking world.

Why should we think that Ronda Rousey has any intent in her life? Judo bronze and mma champion and movie star just happened without her having any intent.

Shokusho, of course I am glad to live. The question is why does he create a world in which things die and in which there is evil? I'm not whining just curious as to his motives. I understand the Bible very well but I don't believe he ever explains why he lets the devil off of his leash.

Slick, you kind of went over my head with that first bit lol. However I definitely agree with you on spreading love and positivity around the world, that's a great way to live life so respect bro. I'm certainly no saint either and we all fuck up but I believe what matters is that we make concerted, wholehearted efforts to be better people. In the end its all we can do as mere mortals.

I don't know.

But he loves us. We sinned and we could not have fellowship with God unless there was a sacrifice to wash away our sins. God cannot be in the presence of sin. He eventually sent his son, Jesus Christ to earth to be that ultimate sacrifice for us so that we can be in his presence once again. It now is up to us to repent of our sin, accept his sacrifice on the cross, so that we can have fellowship with him again. Just like we did when he walked with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.

Does he love the ones burning in hell too? Basically god made man and gave him free will then got mad when man used that freewill and said to hell with you and then damned everyone else because of what the first ones did. And honestly anyone that believes you could eat a fruit and be smart as god is pathetically stupid. So everyone on earth unless they become bff with the magical sky fairy is gonna burn forever because our ancestor ate some fruit. The bible says we are all born into sin which mean you could live a percent innocent life and still roast when you die.
God drowning all them innocent animals was some psycho shit too what did they do wrong. Lets talk about the fallen angels too.........where did they fall down from? Where did lucifer fall "down" from when he was cast out of heaven? The retards who wrote the bible though heaven was above them hence why angels have wings.
You have to be pretty stupid to believe some of the shit in the bible unfortunately I did for years.

Shokusho, of course I am glad to live. The question is why does he create a world in which things die and in which there is evil?

Can we agree that bravery, compassion, and charity are universally considered good things?

If so, can any of these exist without evil?

It is like why did God give us free will, right?

Well, let me ask you this, what is better:
A woman who loves you on her own free will or a hooker?
A friend who truly cares about you or a friend you purchase with money?

Shokusho, of course I am glad to live. The question is why does he create a world in which things die and in which there is evil? I'm not whining just curious as to his motives. I understand the Bible very well but I don't believe he ever explains why he lets the devil off of his leash.

Slick, you kind of went over my head with that first bit lol. However I definitely agree with you on spreading love and positivity around the world, that's a great way to live life so respect bro. I'm certainly no saint either and we all fuck up but I believe what matters is that we make concerted, wholehearted efforts to be better people. In the end its all we can do as mere mortals.

Right on. :)

I have to say though, there actually isn't a single devil mentioned in the Bible. There are evil and demonic entities and groups that are basically sin incarnate. There's not ever a mention of a guy with horns and a pitchfork pulling strings and making evil happen.

Does he love the ones burning in hell too? Basically god made man and gave him free will then got mad when man used that freewill and said to hell with you and then damned everyone else because of what the first ones did. And honestly anyone that believes you could eat a fruit and be smart as god is pathetically stupid. So everyone on earth unless they become bff with the magical sky fairy is gonna burn forever because our ancestor ate some fruit. The bible says we are all born into sin which mean you could live a percent innocent life and still roast when you die.
God drowning all them innocent animals was some psycho shit too what did they do wrong. Lets talk about the fallen angels too.........where did they fall down from? Where did lucifer fall "down" from when he was cast out of heaven? The retards who wrote the bible though heaven was above them hence why angels have wings.
You have to be pretty stupid to believe some of the shit in the bible unfortunately I did for years.

heaven being in the sky was always metaphorical. Sorry if you are stupid and don't know this. But your stupidity does not change what was intended in the Bible. Heaven was never to be in this physical universe.

God wants the good of all creatures. But once judgement is made that is it.

Sin might be necessary, could be the antithesis of good that makes righteousness exist. With nothing to contrast the good in the universe, it doesn't really have any defining features, it's just a bunch of nothing which might be what God was getting away from in the first place. As a kid, the concept of eternity in a place without sin, really terrified me. It would be great for awhile and then become empty and meaningless as we just exist to exist. Chaos is kind of essential part of the whole.

You're a good poster.

God cannot be in the presence of sin at all, so what the fuck are you talking about with UNLESS <anything_else_after_this>
?

Please, dude, you don't give a fuck about religion at all. Go talk about something you are knowledgeable and passionate about, instead of completely ignorant and stupid in.

The fundamental basis of your belief system is so comprehensively flawed. I understand why you lash out so violently when someone points it out.

Keep believing in a benevolent loving god who needed to facilitate his son's murder to forgive his people for the sin he created them with.

You're too kind. I have my moments every once in awhile. :)

It's a cool thread, my posts are far from the best in it.

I agree with him. I think you made some great points. We must not overestimate our own reasoning in terms of thinking of God's motives. Besides, being humble and being aware of your own limits and sins is a good virtue.

Last edited:
I agree with him. I think you made some great points. We must not overestimate our own reasoning in terms of thinking of God's motives. Besides, being humble and being aware of your own limits and sins is a good virtue.

Well, God is said to have created man in His image. That could include our brain. The old testament version of God is jealous, ruthless, egotistical and petty. Just like a human being. So I don't see why He couldn't use those emotions as at least a partial motivation for creating the universe.

Hello Mayberry Earth-dwellers

For those of you who are either religious or just plain creative, I got a question for ya.

Let's assume for a second there is a God, (Yahweh) either a fictional one or a real one: what do you think God's motive in creating the universe was?

There are a few ideas that spring to my mind:
He was lonely
He was curious
He was bored
It was an accident
He wanted to impress his friends

There's always the old "we can't comprehend why" as well. Which is fine, but let's try...

What say you, Mayberritie Sherdenizens?

He didn't have Netflix. Can't wait for the series finale. Hope it doesn't get cancelled before I hit that other woman at the car dealership from Tuesday.

Hello Mayberry Earth-dwellers

For those of you who are either religious or just plain creative, I got a question for ya.

Let's assume for a second there is a God, (Yahweh) either a fictional one or a real one: what do you think God's motive in creating the universe was?

There are a few ideas that spring to my mind:
He was lonely
He was curious
He was bored
It was an accident
He wanted to impress his friends

There's always the old "we can't comprehend why" as well. Which is fine, but let's try...

What say you, Mayberritie Sherdenizens?

What if God isn't Conscious, necessarily? But an organism encompassing all there is in the Universe, including us?

How would you define motives then?

I believe in God, but one of the toughest things for me to fathom is how is it possible for God to have always been. Like who created God? Isn't there a beginning and ending to everything, where is God's beginning? and if someone created God then the question continues. Where is the start? How is it possible for something to have always been. ?
And as far as your question i believe God created man/life because he could. He wanted children to watch ,grow and evolve. Very interesting topic imo.

I'm with you on this one. How is it possible for the universe to have always existed or have a beginning?

We can't comprehend infinity, and any mathematician that says they can or ever will is lying. Saying the universe just appeared is as stupid as saying everything in the bible happened.

It all had to start somewhere. So it's "magic", some super science stuff, or some supreme being. Whicheverone is true, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to come close to understanding it.

What if God isn't Conscious, necessarily? But an organism encompassing all there is in the Universe, including us?

How would you define motives then?

Well, you don't, without conscienceness there is no motive, but for fun:

Perhaps the same way you define plant "motive", although that borders on anthropomorphism.

A plant grows and dies because it's just "what it does" - it does seem to "want" water, and it tries to defend itself as best it can from predators with thorns or other weapons.

Or perhaps you could look at it as a force like gravity or time.

To Understand "Space Time" one has to have a working knowledge of Einstein's theory of special relativistic. I'll try to break it down in layman's terms for you guys. Time, space, gravity, and magnetism are all different elemental forces separate yet dependent upon one another. with out Gravity you cant have, space. without space you cant have time. with out time you cant have the totality if the physical realm and reality we now encompass.

so if none of these four separate energy systems can exist with out the other. who or what laid them down simultaneously?

That is the struggle that physicists and mathematicians have struggled to define through out the years. being scientists they refuse to believe "something" can generate from nothing" that is why there is such push back against acknowledging a "God"

I could get deeper but that would force me to start using terms and lingo far above the average sherdoggers understanding. feel free to PM for more of my thoughts on the matter. but be warned a degree in physics or math from Stanford, MIT, Harvard, Cal Tech, or if you have graduated from Ft.Benning's school of Infantry is required to be able to "talk shop" with me on this subject.

That's an interesting post. Its too bad I don't have a harvard degree. I would like to see you unleash your thoughts and let me try to translate them using Google\questions that I throw your way.

Also, what about dark matter? Where does it fit in?

No, if man is god, then everything is god. We're as much a product of the universe as anything else. We're not the only things in the universe that exhibit intelligence, and there's nothing perfectly unique about the Earth. We're a part of the universe that has become self aware, we have the capability to bring the rest of the universe to the same level we are at, or we can call ourselves gods, and ultimately destroy ourselves thinking we're the definition of supreme life and act selfishly.

One thing i know for sure, anything and everything discussed here is possible...NO, is not a word that applies to the conversation...We are all stumbling around in the dark clueless as to why we are here, not even really sure of where here is....When it comes to understanding the nature of God let alone the intent....shit it could be just about anything, or nothing.....

Back