God's motive

Expansion of the creative mind to find other ways of problem solving the norm got boring. :icon_chee Unfortunately the people didn't know "God" has a sense of humor and they mistook it for greed and power.

Last edited:
Why is it assumed that intent was involved in the creation of the universe

But, you just said He lives, so He didn't die. What exactly does it mean that He took on the penalty for all mankind's sin? People go through way worse at the hands of the cartels in Mexico or in ISIS camps in the Middle East, than what he went through on that horrible day He was betrayed.

He was unrecognizable bro.

Hello Mayberry Earth-dwellers

For those of you who are either religious or just plain creative, I got a question for ya.

Let's assume for a second there is a God, (Yahweh) either a fictional one or a real one: what do you think God's motive in creating the universe was?

There are a few ideas that spring to my mind:
He was lonely
He was curious
He was bored
It was an accident
He wanted to impress his friends

There's always the old "we can't comprehend why" as well. Which is fine, but let's try...

What say you, Mayberritie Sherdenizens?

So this thread could be created on this very forum.

Mission finally accomplished!

But, you just said He lives, so He didn't die. What exactly does it mean that He took on the penalty for all mankind's sin? People go through way worse at the hands of the cartels in Mexico or in ISIS camps in the Middle East, than what he went through on that horrible day He was betrayed.

1. His Body died, his spirit lives (God)
2. You must know the concept of sacrifical lamb (God puts a portion of his self in a human body, to tell us the Truth before being put to Death and he knew it)

more info

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Lamb-of-God.html

Not only did he die, he took such a brutal beating and suffering, he was Unrecognizable. He took on the penalty for all mankinds sin. He paid our penalty through that also.

He took the punishment for all mankind's sin?

What about the millions of others who were also punished for their own "sins"?

Lazy bastard had one job.....take all the punishment for mankind's sins and he failed at that.

Lazy bastard had one job.....take all the punishment for mankind's sins and he failed at that.

Heaven isn't supposed to be on Earth, because men are sinners. We have free will and many of us make very bad use of it, including myself (but it doesn't have the same consequences than others more highly placed).

Also he didn't fail because he's the only sacrifice God needed (himself in a human body) and not lambs, cows or babies.

Well, you're just not reading everything I've said or reading it careful enough.

1. His Body died, his spirit lives (God)
2. You must know the concept of sacrifical lamb (God puts a portion of his self in a human body, to tell us the Truth before being put to Death and he knew it)

more info

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Lamb-of-God.html
I do think His sacrifice was necessary martyrdom to lead the world to God. I do know of the concept, but I can't say I base my faith on it.

Physical and spiritual salvation are two different things. Christians are actually guaranteed to suffer on Earth according to the Bible.
Heaven isn't supposed to be on Earth, because men are sinners. We have free will and many of us make very bad use of it, including myself (but it doesn't have the same consequences than others more highly placed).

Also he didn't fail because he's the only sacrifice God needed (himself in a human body) and not lambs, cows or babies.

The Earth is supposed to be made anew for people after the second coming.

Cliffs, as was explained to me:

-God has always existed, so have we

-Earth life is a stage, and it sucks because it's not meant to be a utopia. It's supposed to be a (temporary) TEST of how we behave and react under different circumstances. You must learn, and you must pick a side, you can't just fallout 3 your way through this wasteland with a neutral karma, that's like getting a 50% on a test (fail). Some mistakes are expected (esp. for/while learning), but you must do what you can to minimize them- which you will if you are a truly good and decent person. Not a happily tainted sketchy person.

[This life is the working interview. Who just loves working interviews? Not many.]

-Earth life is also meant as a means to grow and learn. That includes thinking more clearly and helping others

-If you do well on the interview, then you get a chance to evolve further, higher, etc. If you do not pass the minimum, you are rejected. The minimum is set perfectly reasonably, according to our abilities, and the test will be graded perfectly and fairly. But is very easy to fall into the no-no zone if you're not actively trying to stay out of there. Like meth n stuff

Last edited:
Also, this is a bitter lashout thread for the jaded, so rational discussion will be actively hampered

1 : I do think His sacrifice was necessary martyrdom to lead the world to God. I do know of the concept, but I can't say I base my faith on it.

2 : Physical and spiritual salvation are two different things. Christians are actually guaranteed to suffer on Earth according to the Bible.

3 : The Earth is supposed to be made anew for people after the second coming.

1 : ok
2: Apocalypse according to St John, yes, but what about the Rapture?
3: I don't think it will be on a physical plan. As you know this bodily Earth is just a small rock in the Universe.

I got the point, I'm just pointing out that it's not a great answer. Maybe it's right, but I think it's flawed reasoning.

It wasn't an answer, it was an allegory. If you don't know the difference then don't even begin to speak of reasoning skills.

Why are you living when you are going to die? Why do people have babies even thought both the parents and the baby will die? Why build a house when it will eventually be no more? Why vote for a president when the sun will eventually eat the Earth?

See why your logic is shit, yet?

His logic is sound, we can't control death, it's inevitable for us so we accept it. God however can control death. He chooses how, when, and where everything on this earth dies. So the question is why does he kill his beloved creations?

It wasn't an answer, it was an allegory. If you don't know the difference then don't even begin to speak of reasoning skills.

Ok, then it's not a perfect allegory. I'm just discussing it, bud. I'm not attacking you, I'm as critical of myself as I am of you. My point still stands that the reason we enjoy things and the concept itself probably isn't compatible with the way God operates. I could be wrong.

His logic is sound, we can't control death, it's inevitable for us so we accept it. God however can control death. He chooses how, when, and where everything on this earth dies. So the question is why does he kill his beloved creations?

I don't think God is subject to linear time like we are. Every instance can be an eternity to Him, so even though we may be here for a short time, He isn't limited to that time lIke we are. It's why I think living positively and spreading love is important. Though I am far from perfect, a complete failure really.

Would you rather not live? I think all of us would rather live at one time than not exist. So I think that is a good thing God does for us.
We are in the physical world where everything dies.

We create things all the time including babies that will not last forever, why can we do it but God can't? Ridiculous bullshit logic again.

I just don't get this line of whiny bitch reasoning.

He offers salvation to the righteous and faithful while condemning the wicked. He offers eternal life after our physical death.

So still not really getting your logic.

Men try to humanize God and understand them on these terms, which is silly.
Imagine you having to answer and explain your motives to a 1 year old.

The God that is your butler and your bitch and lives for nothing to please you does not exist. This is not the Judeo-Christian God at all.

Back