God's motive

We made robots to complete tasks, we make babies because we're biologically wired to do so. If God is perfect, what tasks did He need completed? And don't tell me it's people to sing songs on Sundays.

Why do we grow flowers?

"Let's assume for a second there is a God, (Yahweh) either a fictional one or a real one"
- you say lets assume there is a God, then you say either a fictional or real one--Um, wouldn't the fact that you said there is a God make this a real one?

"There are a few ideas that spring to my mind:
He was lonely
He was curious
He was bored
It was an accident
He wanted to impress his friends "
- Are these supposed the be the reasons God made the universe or WHY YOU DO ANYTHING???

Just starting off like this gives shouts "You do not know what you are talking about"
But, if you want to know what the Catholic Church teaches, it says God created the universe out of pure generosity and love.

I read shit like this, and I think of a kid who just learned his multiplication tables and wants to talk about solving polynomials.

I read this, and I think about a kid throwing a weird temper tantrum. Get a grip buddy.

So he needed a human sacrifice so that we could be in his presence? Omnipotence doesn't need anything. Why would it need blood?

The wages of sin is death. We deserve death because of our sins. But Jesus paid the fine/penalty for our sin.

What brings you to this conclusion?

I'm not a religious person in anyway. And by saying that, I'm not JUST saying I'm not Christian or Catholic. I'm also not Taoism, Buddhism, Shinto... not whatever. But at the same time I'm not an Atheist as well.

1. I do not believe a single entity created life and the universe.
But I respect people have their beliefs, no matter which religion.

2. In a number of religions, they claim their God is The One True God and others are fake.
I strongly disagree with that thinking. You can root for your own belief but there is no reason to "step on" other's belief because of your own said otherwise.

While I do not believe in divine entity, I also understand that there must be a reason why people all over the world believe in different ones.

Because of the reasons stated above, IF I HAVE TO believe there is God, there should be MANY instead of ONE.

EDIT:
I always have similar discussions with two of my religious friends that happened to be Scientist, of sort, yearly. Both of them are the most "sensible" Christian I know because of millennium old Religion Vs Science argument and they are "stuck" in between. They take extra care to explain when I have "queries" instead of just saying "Because God".

I added the EDIT part to explain that I would love to continue, but it's 2am for me and I just got back home from drinking and really must head to bed. :)

PS: Pardon my grammar and typo in this post. I'm really out of it now and need to head to bed.

Last edited:
Fair point, I was just addressing what he said. It's a skill to feed and heal ourselves, it's a biological need to a lesser degree than making babies.

No, I mean like why do most people today have flower gardens? It's not to feed ourselves or heal ourselves. It's because they are pretty, we enjoy watching them, and it's cool to turn a lifeless seed into a living, beautiful thing and watch it grow.

images

Your constant preaching is tiresome.

Just answering the question. Death was our penalty, Christ paid it. So we can be free if we accept it. It's like if you were convicted in court and had to pay a fine. And someone paid it for you so you didn't have to face that penalty. Make sense?

No, I mean like why do most people today have flower gardens? It's not to feed ourselves or heal ourselves. It's because they are pretty, we enjoy watching them, and it's cool to turn a lifeless seed into a living, beautiful thing and watch it grow.

images

That's a simple release of chemicals in the brain that makes us enjoy it. It would be insane to think that God would operate on the same biological system.

Just answering the question. Death was our penalty, Christ paid it. So we can be free if we accept it. It's like if you were convicted in court and had to pay a fine. And someone paid it for you so you didn't have to face that penalty. Make sense?

No, you do a disservice to Christ and His followers but painting everything about the faith in such simplistic and arbitrary colors.

He wanted to create a playground for us,

Why did He create us? He needed an object for His affection, someone to love

How would you explain it then?

I wouldn't say I could explain it. I wouldn't use Christ's death as the base of my faith, I would use His love and teachings to live my life. I would use my actions to serve His word. People are complicated, simply regurgitating some things that happened that people have a hard time believing, isn't going to enlighten the world.

I believe in God, but one of the toughest things for me to fathom is how is it possible for God to have always been. Like who created God? Isn't there a beginning and ending to everything, where is God's beginning? and if someone created God then the question continues. Where is the start? How is it possible for something to have always been. ?
And as far as your question i believe God created man/life because he could. He wanted children to watch ,grow and evolve. Very interesting topic imo.

Warning don't get caught up in that one bro.

our mortal finite mind just cant comprehend a power, and intelligence like god. don't even try. personally I think it blasphemous to even contemplate it.

to try and think about "what made god?" then there's what made the thing that made god? and what made the thing that made the thing that made God? to infinity. God has no end or no beginning. Jesus said that there is nothing new on this planet.

to me that may have been Jesus eluding to the old Marvel Comics theory of the universe expands to a point then contracts, then violently expands and the total consciousness and intellectual attainment becomes "god"

And we're live every thing over and over and over again forever and eva:eek:. marvel's wrong. just my 2ct. Jesus is the savior. get saved sherbros.

I wouldn't say I could explain it. I wouldn't use Christ's death as the base of my faith, I would use His love and teachings to live my life. I would use my actions to serve His word. People are complicated, simply regurgitating some things that happened that people have a hard time believing, isn't going to enlighten the world.

Well you cannot even have Christianity if there is no death/sacrifice, and resurrection made by Jesus Christ for us.

If you want to leave out the part that he died for our sins, then you aren't talking about the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Back