Glover looks ready for Rumble

I'm not sure what the intent of this thread is, but I will say that Rumble isn't a guy that suddenly put on a lot of mass. He was a LHW trying to cut down to WW.

this

tumblr_n24v3eTHan1sxevpdo2_500.gif

no he doesn't. he couldn't even knock Arlovski out even after he was given an extra 10 secs to light him up. Arlovski looked like Fabio Maldonaldo with his ability to absorb Rumble's strikes.

you know how many heavyweights have knocked Arlovski out? a lot.

The only reason he didnt knock him out was that the round ended. It doesnt matter they went extra time, both were fighting 100%, Rumble dropped him, but there was not enough time. Had that happened in the middle of the round Arlovski would have lost by knock out.

Wait, glover isn't training at att?

And to think, people actually wanted Glover to take a replacement fight.

rumble can pretty much ko anyone in the ufc, including heavyweights. but if glover can survive a round and a half, and fight smart...i can see him taking this.

Hey may be a beast but there is no bigger beast than Rumble at 205. I see a brutal first round KO coming after Glover fails to take this fight to the ground

The only reason he didnt knock him out was that the round ended. It doesnt matter they went extra time, both were fighting 100%, Rumble dropped him, but there was not enough time. Had that happened in the middle of the round Arlovski would have lost by knock out.

yes, because the future is so certain you can just call it.

the facts though, are this: Arlovski survived multiple strikes. Rumble had an extra 10 secs. if Rumble has the power of most Heavyweights like the guy i quoted said, Arlovski would've been KO'd by the first 1-2 punches.

therefore, Rumble does not possess the power of most any heavyweight because most any heavyweight would've KO'd Arlovski with the 1st 2 punches.

Agreed, they both have big power on the feet, but I think Glover has better subs and he has a better gas tank than Rumble. I see him subbing him in later rounds

Rumbles gas tank was fine in the Davis fight, it was Cormiers wrestling that made AJ work out of a lot of stuff, whicj tires the F out of you.

Glover doesnt have the TD's to tire AJ out, it'll be a stand up war and AJ shoukd be the favorite but when you got 2 big guys who that hard anything can happen

Now that Rumble isn't killing himself to make WW I don't see him losing to anyone not named Jon Jones or Daniel Cormier, and at a gut level, I would favor Rumble in a Cormier rematch. It might not even be long before he's Champ. Especially with Jones out of the picture, Cormier is getting up there in years I don't see him being around much longer, he could be a Dan Henderson or Randy Couture fighting into his 40's but nothing I've seen from him lately indicates that.

I'm really disappointed we didn't get to see Uber Jones versus Rumble.

yes, because the future is so certain you can just call it.

the facts though, are this: Arlovski survived multiple strikes. Rumble had an extra 10 secs. if Rumble has the power of most Heavyweights like the guy i quoted said, Arlovski would've been KO'd by the first 1-2 punches.

therefore, Rumble does not possess the power of most any heavyweight because most any heavyweight would've KO'd Arlovski with the 1st 2 punches.

A) Most of the "any heavyweights" Arlovski has faced couldnt even knock him down, so based on that point alone you could argue Rumble showed more power by dropping Arlovski than a vast majority of the HWs Arlovski has fought.

B) You are talking about that extra 10 secs like Rumble had 10 seconds to try to finish Arlovski after the knock down:

aa_vs_rumble.gif

Thats around 6 seconds after the first KD before the ref stops the fight. And again, the round going extra long is a moot point as long as both fighters were fighting 100%, because we are only debating about Rumble`s punching power.

Its true that its not 100% certain Arlovski couldnt have survived even if there was more time, I will give you that. But the odds are he wouldnt have if given the chance, at least most objective people would probably argue that. He was close to be done and in a bad position = likely saved by the bell/ref.

Even if you deny all this, you would still be very alone with your argument if you try to insist Rumble has less punching power than HWs on average. Almost everyone would disagree with you.

Dont waste your time for answering because Im not going to read it. You just got destroyed and you just have to deal with it.

A) Most of the "any heavyweights" Arlovski has faced couldnt even knock him down, so based on that point alone you could argue Rumble showed more power by dropping Arlovski than a vast majority of the HWs Arlovski has fought.

B) You are talking about that extra 10 secs like Rumble had 10 seconds to try to finish Arlovski after the knock down:

aa_vs_rumble.gif

Thats around 6 seconds after the first KD before the ref stops the fight. And again, the round going extra long is a moot point as long as both fighters were fighting 100%, because we are only debating about Rumble`s punching power.

Its true that its not 100% certain Arlovski couldnt have survived even if there was more time, I will give you that. But the odds are he wouldnt have if given the chance, at least most objective people would probably argue that. He was close to be done = likely saved by the bell/ref.

Even if you deny all this, you would still be very alone with your argument if you try to insist Rumble has less punching power than HWs on average. Almost everyone would disagree with you.

Dont waste your time for answering because Im not going to read it. You just got destroyed and you just have to deal with it.

i did not get destroyed because you are arguing something that has nothing to do with what i'm saying. if any HW caught Arlovski the way Rumble did, Arlovski would be spacing out into a blackhole right now, not awake and coherent like he is in your gif.

thanks for destroying yourself and saving me the time to post the evidence since you did it for me.

Will be a great test for Rumble. Happy to see Teixeira fighting again.

Glover is the real deal. I think he subs Rumble 2nd round.

Glover is more well rounded than Rumble. He has brutal KO power and can submit Rumble. But Rumble is Rumble. Should be a hell of fight and either way one of these guys is getting finished.

Back