GLORY in financial problems?

This kind of thing plagued K-1 and Pride for years.

IMO Glory is no doubt still losing money at this point. Thats what you do, you spend money to expand and hope to start making money in a few years. They should lose less and less money by each show though. Does this mean they are in "financial problems" I highly doubt it. They have a rich owner. They've put tens of millions into the org and it's growing. At this point it'd be stupid to let it die.

Also I think most of all they know very, very well what happened to FEG/Old K-1 and even to this day that shit carries over to the current K-1. If this "news" lives even a little bit I hope Glory addresses it and completely squashes it.

Exactly

think some people leaked some fake info just to hurt the organisation
The way it was written looks fishy - and im Dutch

I'd be surprised if they weren't.

UFC went deep in the hole before they started to make money.

I would be very surprised considering who is financing it. If you don't know, go onto Glory's website and read about its history and who's founded it and is financing it.

Also I remember hearing one of the fighters saying that contrary to K-1 they were actually getting paid quickly after their fights, not waiting for the money.

Also when they say "staff" don't get paid, what kind of staff are they talking about? I don't think the "little" guys who manage the logistics, the website, the ring girls and all those have been working for free the last few months.

Don"t believe this crap!

I hope you are right!
If this news comes from "wheelie" on mixfight it will be well informed info....god I really hope not I love Glory

Mixfight wrote about Badr Hari, from Fight Stadium. :) That wasn"t well informed.

If Glory would have had problems, they would have come to Europe. No? They can fill arenas in many places. Or in Asia.

Maybe they lost money like Snub said, but it"s normal for the start. If they want to conquer the American market!

some of the stupidity being posted in that thread is mindboggling

posts like "k-1 did two events a year and Glory made a mistake not doing that" - yeah ok. That suited fuji tv and japanese mindset. Things have moved on.

GLORY is the ufc of kickboxing. Weight categories, promo, talent scouting etc. The way things are is the way things need to be for the sport to grow and become financially viable.

If GLORY doesnt work, kickboxing is dead. Things like weight classes, more americans and a more american-friendly vibe are things which should be widely embraced by kickboxing fans, if they have brains enough to understand BUSINESS and MARKETING and not just purist mindset.

Some of the things i see posted are just so frustratingly stupid. Dont post about the finances and market of a business if you clearly dont have any idea of business/sports marketing, because there is no weight to your opinion.

Glory is the best combat sport org in the world right now, IMO... and I'm a huge MMA fan.

Glory can always be counted on for something of an 80 or so percent finish ratio. Not bad at all. They have a PPV coming up, right? I suggest that we actually purchase that, rather than streaming, for a change.

Glory is the best combat sport org in the world right now, IMO... and I'm a huge MMA fan.

Glory can always be counted on for something of an 80 or so percent finish ratio. Not bad at all. They have a PPV coming up, right? I suggest that we actually purchase that, rather than streaming, for a change.

Agreed

some of the stupidity being posted in that thread is mindboggling

posts like "k-1 did two events a year and Glory made a mistake not doing that" - yeah ok. That suited fuji tv and japanese mindset. Things have moved on.

GLORY is the ufc of kickboxing. Weight categories, promo, talent scouting etc. The way things are is the way things need to be for the sport to grow and become financially viable.

If GLORY doesnt work, kickboxing is dead. Things like weight classes, more americans and a more american-friendly vibe are things which should be widely embraced by kickboxing fans, if they have brains enough to understand BUSINESS and MARKETING and not just purist mindset.
So does Glory work though? Maybe kickboxing is dead soon.

meh ...

they'll have a very big event soon in LA with the first PPV, and later an event in London.

But really I hope everything is fine, like others I'm a huge MMA fan but actually in all combat sports Glory has the most attractive product by far.

Eventually I'll start to follow the Shootboxing S-Cup.

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

well there are no follow up stories, no other media reporting it, it appears to be bullshit

and even if it was true.....kb is lightyears ahead of muay thai bananacock

you show your true colors as a kb hater.........but unfortunately for you......this:

[YT]watch?v=-dCGXzZxvw0[/YT]

is a million times better than this muay thai child abuse:

[YT]watch?v=k6C4rR_yzKc[/YT]

or this mockery:

[YT]watch?v=Yz2_qCd4ZXM[/YT]

Back