GLORY in financial problems?

RedDawn

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
According to fight forum mixfight.nl it appears that GLORY has serious financial problems. Reliable sources report that staff and other people who work for GLORY still not have been paid. According to Mixfight.nl it's even in question whether the Los Angeles show will take place. The future of GLORY seems uncertain.

Source: mixfight.nl

http://www.mixfight.nl/forum/showthread.php?130974-Toekomst-GLORY-onzeker!

i feel like this is BS, Glory has done several shows on tv and did good numbers from the information ive gathered, cant see how they would be in financial trouble at all. I think they are just fine. Im also sure if there was some sort of problems other media outlets would be covering it or have some sort of information on it.

Can Kickboxing not exist as an org anymore?

I feel like half of the time these sites from the netherlands post nothing but bullshit.

Mixfight always post shit like this. They think kickboxing is destined to fail cause Holland not allowed to have major Kickboxing shows anymore

I feel like half of the time these sites from the netherlands post nothing but bullshit.

not more or less than what I read on internatinal boards

the thread was posted by an admin of the forum and does not name any sources, only that they are 'several reliable sources'

so I don't know what to make of it either, but if it's true that staff hasn't been paid, then that does look like shit and they need to pay them asap

But if by some miracle it is true, then kickboxing will be dead when they go under.

Mixfight always post shit like this. They think kickboxing is destined to fail cause Holland not allowed to have major Kickboxing shows anymore

??????

where did you get this garbage? mixfight certainly does not want glory to fail, alot of glory guys have been active on their site for ages

sounds weird, they drew good numbers everywhere except London maybe ... they were +10k even in Milan, not really a Mecca for combat sports

That would suck really REALLY hard. If indeed it is true, i hope they at least run the next event, finish with a bang :(

It is unfortunate if true but honestly im surprised it even manages to survive today, people interested in fights and willing to pay for it I think go elsewhere(mma,boxing)..

hmmmm not a good rumour lets hope theres no real substance to this...

There was no named source and no real evidence. I hope it's not true.

I love the business model of putting a lot into every show and not watering everything down the way the UFC has been doing lately

There was no named source and no real evidence. I hope it's not true.

I love the business model of putting a lot into every show and not watering everything down the way the UFC has been doing lately

Unfortunately it seem that that model might not work. I hate how UFC structure their events but that might be whats needed to make money.

i feel like this is BS, Glory has done several shows on tv and did good numbers from the information ive gathered, cant see how they would be in financial trouble at all. I think they are just fine. Im also sure if there was some sort of problems other media outlets would be covering it or have some sort of information on it.

IMO Glory is no doubt still losing money at this point. Thats what you do, you spend money to expand and hope to start making money in a few years. They should lose less and less money by each show though. Does this mean they are in "financial problems" I highly doubt it. They have a rich owner. They've put tens of millions into the org and it's growing. At this point it'd be stupid to let it die.

Also I think most of all they know very, very well what happened to FEG/Old K-1 and even to this day that shit carries over to the current K-1. If this "news" lives even a little bit I hope Glory addresses it and completely squashes it.

I would like to see a real source. Andurand and Whitaker said in a Bloomsberg interview that they were aiming for Glory to be self-sufficient around 2015, so for them to be in financial trouble now seems to not be in line with their own expectations and their own views on their budget.

Back