Gleison Tibau drops appeal, accepts 2 year suspension for EPO

View attachment 78989 rafael cavalcante is a perfect example of that, since he got caught he come in 1 - 4 he can't seem to win since. he went from strikeforce lhw champion that beat incredible fighters like king mo, Yoel romero, to barely scraping a win together.

Luke Thomas sort of touches on this during one of his podcast. I think he wanted to say steroids but didn't.

shocking tibau is 32, he's looks 40.
post-59070-Ben-Stiller-holy-shit-gif-Imgu-zPZ4.gif

It's weird, they take place in Colorado but under Nevada laws? See the edited post above.
Yep, arbitrators and agencies can specifically state that they will follow X state's law in a proceeding. Same thing with contracts, there can be a provision saying "if there is a dispute, it shall be resolved under X state law", as long as it's reasonable to use that state. It's reasonable for the USADA to use NV law since as I stated since I think the NSAC is the one formally issuing the suspension, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think it's a USADA suspension since USADA's an independent non-state actor.

Last edited:
Yep, arbitrators and agencies can specifically state that they will follow X state's law in a proceeding. Same thing with contracts, there can be a provision saying "if there is a dispute, it shall be resolved under X state law", as long as it's reasonable to use that state. It's reasonable for the USADA to use NV law since as I stated since I think the NSAC is the one formally issuing the suspension, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think it's a USADA suspension since that's an independent non-state actor.

I don't know. USADA put out the press release for CroCop, and we haven't seen anything from any of the state athletic commissions about it.

http://ufc.usada.org/mirko-filipovic-receives-doping-violations/

The UFC suspended their own athletes in the past, mostly with overseas fights where they were acting as their own commission. I know CABMMA is working directly with USADA, and now respects any US-issued suspension, and I'd guess (though I don't know) that there are similar agreements in place with the ABC that if they aren't issuing the suspensions, they're certainly respecting them.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/1...join-forces-for-new-drug-testing-program-peds

Fighters are still being suspended directly by the commissions, though. Erokhin got caught on an in-competition test NAC issued, as USADA only did in-competition testing on the main card fighters. His hearing is tomorrow. It sets up a weird situation where if you're caught by NAC, you could face one punishment, but if USADA nails you, you get another, despite being on the same card/popping for the same substance.

http://boxing.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/boxingnvgov/content/schedule/16_Agendas/16-02-17AG.pdf

Finally someone just takes the punishment and doesn't try to deny it.

It was crazy to think this guy was a LW first of all and also clean

maxresdefault.jpg

It was crazy to think this guy was a LW first of all and also clean

maxresdefault.jpg
if you look like that and failed a drug test why even bother denying it lol. That would be like if snoop dogg failed a marijuana test and proceeded to say im clean.

I was hoping the source would be entimports.com

and it says USADA drops suspension for Tibau. lol

He is going to miss out on a lot of Reebok money. Not joking.

I was hoping the source would be entimports.com

and it says USADA drops suspension for Tibau. lol
Yea, they (shockingly) have nothing about an ATT fighter accepting a 2 year sanction. What happened to the inside info.

The dude cuts 80 pounds uses juice and still loses most of the time so get lost

I wonder if he didn't want the appeal to qualify as "aggravating circumstances", even though it would violate his due process among other things if an appeal by itself increased the suspension amount.

No, but what would count as aggravating would be testing positive twice. Bearing in mind the short half life of epo that proved two separate doses, which suggests it was part of an organised doping program.

Tibau was looking at four years, the only way to avoid that is prompt admission etc.

All the, I've just taken two years because of the costs involved is bs. He didn't want a four year ban

Last edited:
It's all good. I'm rolling the ideas around in my head as well. Legal representation isn't required for administrative hearings, but parties have the right to be represented. Also, I don't think a public defender would be appointed as the state wouldn't be obligated to provide legal counsel.
Usada hearings are arbitration hearings.

Usually conducted by AAA (American association of arbitrators)

Question,

Now he's suspended is he free to jack it up to the max on all sorts of drugs? Get off them in two years time and wreck people?

Now iM at the computer.

Gleison was looking at a 4 year ban because of aggravating circumstances

CbbvWQKXEAEbd7g.png

One guaranteed way to avoid the 4 year ban, is to accept the charges and make prompt admission

Cbbvo-nXEAAibM6.png

The "oh it was too expensive just to get a 3 or 6 month reduction" is bullshit. He was looking at 4 years, and probably the end of his career. The only way to get it reduced to 2 years and have a chance of coming back was to accept the charges and admit epo use.

Wonder whether he would have got less if he copped to it immediately.

Good riddance. Never understood keeping a guy on the under card for 25 fights.
I think he is perhaps the prototypical gatekeeper. If you cant beat him, youre probably not going to make much noise in the lw division. Minus RDA of course.

Wonder whether he would have got less if he copped to it immediately.

as the post above

he was looking potentially at a four year ban

now hes likely to get away with two

admittng a month ago wouldnt have made any difference.

Tibau vs Fedor News Years eve 2017?
Anyone?

At Rizin? Anyone?

Bueller? .... Bueller? ..... Bueller?

Back