Gleison Tibau drops appeal, accepts 2 year suspension for EPO

Also, he says, "We used a substance we thought wouldn’t be anything, we used it out of competition. I have my conscience clear that I took it without imagining I was doing something wrong."

People are getting on Ronda about the delusional idea that she chose to lose as opposed to just getting her ass kicked, but Tibau is giving her a run for her money with that quote.

It's so obvious that he is guilty. He'll probably lose more money by not fighting for 2 years than what he would have spent on the appeal.

He'll be on his way to 35 when that suspension is lifted. I doubt he'll have much career left at that point. Too bad, I always enjoyed watching him fight.

According to this...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/1...o-use-i-took-it-without-imagining-i-was-doing

..he admits taking EPO. What would have been the grounds for his appeal?

It hadn't even reached appeal. First stage would have been a tribunal hearing and probably for year ban.

Then you appeal.

He's just trying to control the narrative by making it sound like he is innocent and was forced to accept it because usada made it prohibitively expensive to challenge.

When the truth is he's guilty of using epo twice.

He even lies and said he didn't use it in competition when clearly he did. It's got a very short half life.

Interesting side note, a friend/acquantance of mine confirmed today that he had mma fighters on his customer list for epo as far back as 2007/2008.

I don't buy the argument that tibau didn't really know what it was and thought it would be fine :)

As said before, this is not about the cost.

It's about him taking a two year ban, because if he took it to tribunal it was likely going to be four years

With the weak testing that's gone on, Tibau could easily skipped through, as potentially he's done his entire career and so likely have many others

Back