Social Gina Carano is an Evil Transphobe

Aren't they also trying to out her by putting her pronouns on twitter? What if she's secretly agender and she really doesn't want to be exposed?

The problem with it I think is the people that are hung up on pronouns... are LOUD AS FUCK.

Yes, but also its because the media tend to overemphasize the extremes. Being a reasonable left or right of center person with somewhat mainstream views doesn't get media clicks the way the extremes do.

hahahahaha. The boop./bop/bep is hilarious.

As someone who is left of center i think the whole pronoun thing is retarded. Its not a mainstream left wing thing.
Isnt it though? Can you actually say anything against pronouns to any left wing group without getting hate?

Why do you laugh?

As for Carano's case...it is ridiculous that anyone would try to *compel* someone to include pronouns in their signature or profile. It is a choice (and it should always remain a choice) by those who wish to send a positive signal to the trans community. It is not uncommon to see in education settings (e.g. by professors, administrators, counsellors) or where people with large and/or diverse populations.

To the people who continue to throw around broad "leftists" labels when responding...remember that it is a SMALL PORTION of the left that is militant about this stuff.

I laugh because I find pronouns stupid and unnecessary specially when communicating electronically. Like I give a fuck if you are a dude or what ever. Why must you tell me what you think you are.

Yes, but also its because the media tend to overemphasize the extremes. Being a reasonable left or right of center person with somewhat mainstream views doesn't get media clicks the way the extremes do.
True, but I also think that the reasonable left and right of center people get trashed when they dare speak up.

Gina's a big girl.

She'll be fine.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/09...carano-get-fired-anti-trans-anti-mask-tweets/

I saw a tweet about this shared in my Facebook feed. Ffs people are ridiculous. You've really got nothing better to do than try to ruin the lives of everyone who doesn't bend the knee?

Cliffs:
-activists were pissed that she wouldn't put her preferred pronouns in her bio
-after a couple months of harassment she put "boop/bop/beep" as her pronouns
-activists are extra pissed and trying to get her fired from Disney

After reading all the Twitter threads,...this controversy is incredibly overblown. 95% of the tweets were actually supporting Gina. Sounds like an extremely loud and abusive minority got to her. There are trolls on social media, shocker.

The story here isn't that the left has gone mad,...the story is that some trolls attacked Gina Carano. Most left wingers were supporting her from what i gathered.

After reading all the Twitter threads,...this controversy is incredibly overblown. 95% of the tweets were actually supporting Gina. Sounds like an extremely loud and abusive minority got to her. There are trolls on social media, shocker.

The story here isn't that the left has gone mad,...the story is that some trolls attacked Gina Carano. Most left wingers were supporting her from what i gathered.
Das good

hahahahaha. The boop./bop/bep is hilarious.

As someone who is left of center i think the whole pronoun thing is retarded. Its not a mainstream left wing thing.

If it wasn’t mainstream I wouldn’t get emails from corporate talking about gender pronouns.

It might not be front and center but it’s there.

What about people who find pronouns oppressive? Genderqueer, look it up.

This game of wokeness is fun. Pretty soon all words will be bad.

I don’t take anyone seriously who puts their preferred pronouns in their bios or signatures or wherever.

I laugh because I find pronouns stupid and unnecessary specially when communicating electronically. Like I give a fuck if you are a dude or what ever. Why must you tell me what you think you are.

Why does it bother you if someone 'tells you what they think they are'?

Like I said...it is most common in certain contexts, like education, healthcare, etc. where gender identity is relevant. Your banker, barber, mechanic, store clerk, etc. likely don't care or need to know...and it will almost surely never become 'common' to put pronouns in email signatures for the vast majority of people...but for educators, counsellors and healthcare providers, people in social services, etc., and simply those with a big platform who wish to show support, it can be relevant.

The use of pronouns in that manner amounts to visible representation (by those who are trans) and support (from non-trans people) and has been shown to not only raise awareness, signal understanding and indicate a positive environment....it can actually save lives. There have been many cases where the existence of passive visible supports, even without any direct interaction between individuals, has been enough to prevent teen suicides, for example. I could provide you with examples...but I'm guessing you're not interested (which is fine).

It's perfectly fine if this has no bearing whatsoever on your life...and no one is asking you to take some major interest in it either...but instead of 'just laughing' or find something 'stupid', why not take a moment and ask yourself "I wonder why they do that" and consider the issue from the perspectives of those for whom it apparently does matter.

Why does it bother you if someone 'tells you what they think they are'?

Like I said...it is most common in certain contexts, like education, healthcare, etc. where gender identity is relevant. Your banker, barber, mechanic, store clerk, etc. likely don't care or need to know...and it will almost surely never become 'common' to put pronouns in email signatures for the vast majority of people...but for educators, counsellors and healthcare providers, people in social services, etc., and simply those with a big platform who wish to show support, it can be relevant.

The use of pronouns in that manner amounts to visible representation (by those who are trans) and support (from non-trans people) and has been shown to not only raise awareness, signal understanding and indicate a positive environment....it can actually save lives. There have been many cases where the existence of passive visible supports, even without any direct interaction between individuals, has been enough to prevent teen suicides, for example. I could provide you with examples...but I'm guessing you're not interested (which is fine).

It's perfectly fine if this has no bearing whatsoever on your life...and no one is asking you to take some major interest in it either...but instead of 'just laughing' or find something 'stupid', why not take a moment and ask yourself "I wonder why they do that" and consider the issue from the perspectives of those for whom it apparently does matter.

It's based entirely on a observably false premise.

Back