Social Gina Carano is an Evil Transphobe

It's based entirely on a observably false premise.

Well, I guess my next question would be how you arrived at that position, because the reason likely falls into one of two broad categories: One, you have not gone beyond the surface of the topic and have simply decided it is all obviously bullshit...or you do acknowledge and understand the the claims, concepts, evidence, etc. provided by those who elaborate on the topic, but you still disagree with it based on some contrary claims or evidence and just have chosen to just sum it up as you did.

What about people who find pronouns oppressive? Genderqueer, look it up.

This game of wokeness is fun. Pretty soon all words will be bad.

A great example of why it is important to not assume that everyone holds the same beliefs and attitudes, just because they fall into some broader category (like LGBT...or 'liberal'...or 'conservative'...or 'white'...or 'black').

Well, I guess my next question would be how you arrived at that position, because the reason likely falls into one of two broad categories: One, you have not gone beyond the surface of the topic and have simply decided it is all obviously bullshit...or you do acknowledge and understand the the claims, concepts, evidence, etc. provided by those who elaborate on the topic, but you still disagree with it based on some contrary claims or evidence and just have chosen to just sum it up as you did.

I've spoken with a few trans people. I've read numerous articles. I've talked to a professor who teaches biology (I used to work for two universities) the whole movement is based on a false premise, bolstered by gaslighting, emotional manipulation, bullying and a deliberate misinterpetation of statistics.

Gender is personality, sex is immutable. Sex isn't assigned at birth, just observed and recorded. The material reality of an autogenophile should have no bearing on another individual's world view. To inflict that reality on a person is immoral. It's mental slavery.

When people get in trouble for saying things like "No man is capable of menstration, nor can a man give birth and breast feed." then it's time to do what Gina has done and make a point of sticking your principles.

It reminds me of what they Dixie Chicks went through during one of the Gulf Wars. People have to realize nothing will ever be enough for Woke-o Haram. J.K Rowling, Gina are real feminists because they don't centre their concepts of womanhood on the feelings of mediocre men and their enablers. They are heros because regardles of the mob, they are adhering to their principles.

I've spoken with a few trans people. I've read numerous articles. I've talked to a professor who teaches biology (I used to work for two universities) the whole movement is based on a false premise, bolstered by gaslighting, emotional manipulation, bullying and a deliberate misinterpetation of statistics.

Gender is personality, sex is immutable. Sex isn't assigned at birth, just observed and recorded. The material reality of an autogenophile should have no bearing on another individual's world view. To inflict that reality on a person is immoral. It's mental slavery.

You hit on various points that illustrate why there is a distinction between gender identity, gender expression, and biological sex (whether someone considers it 'assigned at birth' or 'observed and recorded' is less interesting, IMHO)...and the topic becomes even more complex when we get into to what extent society ought to recognize and accommodate differences.

The terms and phrases you use are quite loaded in presenting differences as negative and that acknowledging such differences is to 'inflict' them upon, and 'mentally enslave', those to whom they don't apply...and "the whole movement" can't be characterized in the manner you present, given that there is substantial variation within it. Also, doesn't autogenophilia essentially reduce identity to feelings of sexual arousal? That is rather limiting...and AFAIK, research in that domain doesn't suggest that concept explains all trans reality, but I am certainly not well versed on that topic (or trans topics in general). I would say that many suggest that identity begins to develop well before 'arousal' comes into play, so I'm not sure how useful it could be if someone where to try to use it to explain all trans reality.

Some of this goes well beyond the topic at hand though...the question is to what extent we might acknowledge and accommodate trans 'realities' as a society instead of just laughing at or dismissing them (and the broader topic of how we 'value' certain realities over others, or how we assign positive, neutral, and negative value to differences). I also wonder why so many people only look at the fringe/extreme end of any movement instead of taking a closer look at the topic to flesh out the substance from the rhetoric and the people who 'go too far'. It might be easy to roll our if someone stands up in a huge meeting and freaks out because gender-neutral pronouns are not being used or who thinks everyone should use pronouns in their profiles or email signatures...THAT amounts to the 'inflicting' and 'mentally enslaving' onto others that you caution against. But that is looking at the extreme end and doesn't really account for why would be overtly mocking those who choose to do those things or explain why someone doesn't choose to try to understand the issue instead of laughing at it and labelling it 'stupid'. There is a middle ground.

You hit on various points that illustrate why there is a distinction between gender identity, gender expression, and biological sex (whether someone considers it 'assigned at birth' or 'observed and recorded' is less interesting, IMHO)...and the topic becomes even more complex when we get into to what extent society ought to recognize and accommodate differences.

The terms and phrases you use are quite loaded in presenting differences as negative and that acknowledging such differences is to 'inflict' them upon, and 'mentally enslave', those to whom they don't apply...and "the whole movement" can't be characterized in the manner you present, given that there is substantial variation within it. Also, doesn't autogenophilia essentially reduce identity to feelings of sexual arousal? That is rather limiting...and AFAIK, research in that domain doesn't suggest that concept explains all trans reality, but I am certainly not well versed on that topic (or trans topics in general). I would say that many suggest that identity begins to develop well before 'arousal' comes into play, so I'm not sure how useful it could be if someone where to try to use it to explain all trans reality.

Some of this goes well beyond the topic at hand though...the question is to what extent we might acknowledge and accommodate trans 'realities' as a society instead of just laughing at or dismissing them (and the broader topic of how we 'value' certain realities over others, or how we assign positive, neutral, and negative value to differences). I also wonder why so many people only look at the fringe/extreme end of any movement instead of taking a closer look at the topic to flesh out the substance from the rhetoric and the people who 'go too far'. It might be easy to roll our if someone stands up in a huge meeting and freaks out because gender-neutral pronouns are not being used or who thinks everyone should use pronouns in their profiles or email signatures...THAT amounts to the 'inflicting' and 'mentally enslaving' onto others that you caution against. But that is looking at the extreme end and doesn't really account for why would be overtly mocking those who choose to do those things or explain why someone doesn't choose to try to understand the issue instead of laughing at it and labelling it 'stupid'. There is a middle ground.
People can do and say wtf they want and idc, but I have no interest in taking part in encouraging someone's mental disorder. It's really that simple for me.

Because twitter people are only slightly more a waste of space than Doggers.

Because clicks and algorithms. I honestly forgot she was in movies, and so do most people.

I don't know, because like most people I don't pay attention to every show or every actor in shows, even if I watch them. I can't name most actors/actresses in movies.... unless they die or do something insane. I'll legit forget about Corano in a couple days.

Sounds relevant to me......and you sound salty.

She's one of the main characters on one of the most popular shows on TV. I don't think she's some sort of megastar but in terms of show biz she has some relevance.

Whether she gets derailed by all this nonsense I have no idea.

Personally IDGAF if people put pronouns in their email or whatever, but trying to bully someone else into doing it is horseshit.

When people get in trouble for saying things like "No man is capable of menstration, nor can a man give birth and breast feed." then it's time to do what Gina has done and make a point of sticking your principles.

It reminds me of what they Dixie Chicks went through during one of the Gulf Wars. People have to realize nothing will ever be enough for Woke-o Haram. J.K Rowling, Gina are real feminists because they don't centre their concepts of womanhood on the feelings of mediocre men and their enablers. They are heros because regardles of the mob, they are adhering to their principles.

That is why we need to differentiate between what I will call the 'lunatic fringe' and an overall movement, rather than pretending that ALL people within that movement believe and do those things. It is more often the case that most people within any movement do not agree with the what the extremists within that movement believe and do.

That is why we need to differentiate between what I will call the 'lunatic fringe' and an overall movement, rather than pretending that ALL people within that movement believe and do those things. It is more often the case that most people within any movement do not agree with the what the extremists within that movement believe and do.
And yet, they by and large don't actually come out in any numbers or with authority to denounce that fringe element and assure society that they don't speak for the majority or to repudiate their actions. The majority for the most part may not want to get their own hands dirty so to speak, but are more than willing to enjoy the fruits of the actions taken by their fringe. That's not restricted to just the Trans community though.

People can do and say wtf they want and idc, but I have no interest in taking part in encouraging someone's mental disorder. It's really that simple for me.

Whatever you choose to believe is your business and no one should be *compelling* you to take an interest in anything...I very much support that.

I think the country would be better off if there was less mocking and division, and more dialogue and attempts at understanding people whose beliefs and reality is different than our own...coupled with focusing on the majority within any movement, rather than the fringe/extreme elements within it.

I don’t take anyone seriously who puts their preferred pronouns in their bios or signatures or wherever.

It makes sense for those whose gender identity is unclear. Those who give off the whole "It's Pat" vibe.

And yet, they by and large don't actually come out in any numbers or with authority to denounce that fringe element and assure society that they don't speak for the majority or to repudiate their actions. The majority for the most part may not want to get their own hands dirty so to speak, but are more than willing to enjoy the fruits of the actions taken by their fringe. That's not restricted to just the Trans community though.

I wouldn't disagree. I think there is no one better positioned to reign in the fringe element than members of that broader movement/group.

The sad part is that the fringe will often turn on members of their own movement, if those members come out and denounce them, and that can have serious consequences for moderates because the voice of the fringe is so loud and influential...that is what makes the fringe particularly dangerous, IMHO.

I'm not sure what the solution is when that dynamic is coupled with such a hyper-partisan environment that we currently experience. It seems very difficult for moderate liberals to get together with moderate conservatives to have productive discussions, given the fringe elements on each side, the media on all sides that highlights that fringe, and politicians and leaders who won't confront the fringe either.

Why would anyone use those kind of signatures if they’re not trans? That makes no sense to me.
My institution wants everyone to do it to show support for the trans people. The only people who have non-obvious pronouns are those who work in the LGBTQ office. At least so far as I've seen in the several years since the pronoun push.

I wouldn't disagree. I think there is no one better positioned to reign in the fringe element than members of that broader movement/group.

The sad part is that the fringe will often turn on members of their own movement, if those members come out and denounce them, and that can have serious consequences for moderates because the voice of the fringe is so loud and influential...that is what makes the fringe particularly dangerous, IMHO.

I'm not sure what the solution is when that dynamic is coupled with such a hyper-partisan environment that we currently experience. It seems very difficult for moderate liberals to get together with moderate conservatives to have productive discussions, given the fringe elements on each side, the media on all sides that highlights that fringe, and politicians and leaders who won't confront the fringe either.
Hate to break it to you man, but moderates statistically are the fringe now. We have a very bimodal distribution, which is why there is so much hate. I'm a moderate, and I've got wingnuts on both sides telling me I'm wrong LOL. 3%ers & BLM - that's our new reality.

Hate to break it to you man, but moderates statistically are the fringe now. We have a very bimodal distribution, which is why there is so much hate. I'm a moderate, and I've got wingnuts on both sides telling me I'm wrong LOL. 3%ers & BLM - that's our new reality.
I don't think that's true. I think they're just loud. You're in the silent majority.

..and the topic becomes even more complex when we get into to what extent society ought to recognize and accommodate differences.

It's not complex at all. There is already a legal machinery in place for how we accomadate differences. It's called obeying the law. The rest is tribal garnish.

The terms and phrases you use are quite loaded in presenting differences as negative and that acknowledging such differences is to 'inflict' them upon, and 'mentally enslave', those to whom they don't apply.

Those terms are only contreversial to those propagate the notion that it's okay to compell a person to accept the material reality of something that is observably false.

..and "the whole movement" can't be characterized in the manner you present, given that there is substantial variation within it. Also, doesn't autogenophilia essentially reduce identity to feelings of sexual arousal? That is rather limiting...and AFAIK, research in that domain doesn't suggest that concept explains all trans reality, but I am certainly not well versed on that topic (or trans topics in general). I would say that many suggest that identity begins to develop well before 'arousal' comes into play, so I'm not sure how useful it could be if someone where to try to use it to explain all trans reality.

You misunderstand me: I'm asserting that the enitre movement is based on a false premise. I can prove that a dude isn't a chick, and can never be a chick. What the "movement" is saying is the opposite.

There is no middle ground to 2+2=4

You are correct in the sense that autogenphilia, pedophilia, depression, psychosis, autism are also some of the issues that are co-morbid with people who suffer from dysphoria. But the way in which society acts to tackle the differences and troubles that anorexics face doesn't take precedence over your objective material reality. That would be insane if it did. We treat anorexics as best we can. We never enable them because it will be harmful to them. as harmful as giving a child puberty blockers or exposing them to gender theory.

Some of this goes well beyond the topic at hand though...the question is to what extent we might acknowledge and accommodate trans 'realities' as a society instead of just laughing at or dismissing them (and the broader topic of how we 'value' certain realities over others, or how we assign positive, neutral, and negative value to differences).

Morgan Ogre is trans activist in my country. This dude had a rape crisis centre for actual woman defunded because they wouldn't allow men inside them with the women who had been raped. The he went on twitter and gloated about it. This dude has held political office, and his actions were allowed and even lauded by the provincial governent.

The extent that we are forced to acknowledge and enable the delusion of a trans person has already been codifed into our society.

I also wonder why so many people only look at the fringe/extreme end of any movement instead of taking a closer look at the topic to flesh out the substance from the rhetoric and the people who 'go too far'. It might be easy to roll our if someone stands up in a huge meeting and freaks out because gender-neutral pronouns are not being used or who thinks everyone should use pronouns in their profiles or email signatures...THAT amounts to the 'inflicting' and 'mentally enslaving' onto others that you caution against. But that is looking at the extreme end and doesn't really account for why would be overtly mocking those who choose to do those things or explain why someone doesn't choose to try to understand the issue instead of laughing at it and labelling it 'stupid'. There is a middle ground.

Because the whole issue is an extreme issue. A trans teacher trying to tell my niece that she might be a dude would be a HUGE issue for me, my niece.... and consequently that trans teacher. A trans person not revealing he's a dude to me if I was going to have sex with them would be a serious problem for me, and most especially for that transperson.

Being compelled to acknowledge another persons material reality is an immensity. If you don't believe me then try making a muslim eat pork ribs during Ramadan. Go explain to a child who hates vegatables that it's candy. Go scream at a lesbian who refuses to entertain the idea of having sex with a mediocre dude in a dress- cause he's a lesbian right?

As said before I've talked to a few transpeople. I play their likkle passion play and even use their pronouns. However no amount of twaddle can convince me that I'm talking to a woman when it's really a man. My senses scream what that person is to me. I can choose to be polite, the same way I can be polite to someone who is mentally retarded. Still doesn't mean I'm gonna eat poo because he said it's chocolate.

There is no issue to be understood here except that no person should be compelled to tiptoe around how another persons dyphoria manifests itself, nor should anyone be forced to show any reverence or deference to the cosplay of a mediocre male.

Last edited:
They should not kick her off the show for all this shite. They should kick her off for being fat. I miss my Prime Gina.

gina-carano-11.jpg

0f79c6a663b2b1a91ba6465749df02f6.gif
She was always "fat". Here weight was always an issue. Still fine.

I agree, but you so rarely see that happen from any of the political parties, social movements or ideologies.

At some point, moderates of conviction will be required to stand up, use their own voices and influence regardless of the consequences or everyone should just admit defeat and let the lunatics do as they will and whichever mob is bigger, violent and repressive can rule.
It starts with more moderates calling out the media for moving away from actual impartial new for basically on-air op-ed pieces. Its about making more use of efforts to recall politicians that aren't enforcing the will of the majority of their constituents but their own pet ideologies. Its about not settling for the lesser of two evils when you vote but voting for whom you honestly feel is best even if its practically impossible for them to win. Its about being willing to suffer inconvenience to vote with your wallet when a company needs to be reminded they don't speak for you and that their money has no place in politics. It's about telling people willing to label you in order to control you to fuck off, and mean it. It's about demanding consequences when people step out of line.

None of that is easy, none of it is fun and any success will be long fought for but if its the outcome you truly desire then its worth it.

yeah, although I think (hope) that might be mostly true on certain issues, but I'm not sure if I believe that the nutters on both sides outnumber the moderates when we consider our overall political ideology or personal beliefs...at least not to such an extent that meaningful dialogue can't happen.

I agree that these 'movements' are the new reality though...at least in my lifetime, I can't recall a time where the extremist elements have enjoyed such a powerful voice that not only gets directed at 'the other side' but that also shuts down dissent or more moderate views from within.

Back