• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Giga Chikadze on Barboza "We are on different levels" Will "turn Edson into a wrestler".

He didn't turn him to a wrestler but definitely beat him at his own game - was pretty damn competitive but Giga was definitely faster at better and maintaining the distance he wanted it to be at.

Well that was Barboza grabbing on to his leg for dear life at the end, he was just beaten so quickly he didn't really have time to scramble to grappling until it was last ditch effort.

face-smash-patrick.gif

I'm not overly impressed with either guys hands to be honest. Both are great kickboxers, though. I'm favoring Barboza late, but I'll be happy either way.

You are usually pretty accurate but I think Barboza definitely had the worse hands here and that much is settled.

He whiffed a lot of air with cartoonish big punches and didn't have good boxing defense. He's one of those guys you can overwhelm.

You are usually pretty accurate but I think Barboza definitely had the worse hands here and that much is settled.

He whiffed a lot of air with cartoonish big punches and didn't have good boxing defense. He's one of those guys you can overwhelm.

I had to see it to believe it. That was a great performance by giga

Shout out to this white belt and the others in here who thought Giga wasn't going to style on Barboza.

Thanks for playing.

Well, was it really that crazy for them to pick Barboza, considering all of Giga's wins outside of the UFC were against Gladiator Challenge bums with a combined record of 3-56? Most of them have 0 pro wins.

Well, was it really that crazy for them to pick Barboza, considering all of Giga's wins outside of the UFC were against Gladiator Challenge bums with a combined record of 3-56? Most of them have 0 pro wins.
He’s fought better strikers in Glory I’m pretty sure.

You guys need to stop putting so much stock into records and stats. All that matters is how the styles match up on the night.

Last edited:
He’s fought better strikers in Glory I’m pretty sure.

I'm talking about the MMA fights, not kickboxing. He was fighting guys straight out of boxcars and soup kitchens, even after he was on the Contender Series.

I'm talking about the MMA fights, not kickboxing. He was fighting guys straight out of boxcars and soup kitchens, even after he was on the Contender Series.

I mean, he was under 10 fights in. If you're smart, that's how you build a career the right way. Even the great Khabib did it

I mean, he was under 10 fights in. If you're smart, that's how you build a career the right way. Even the great Khabib did it

I know, I get that especially with his first 5 fights, but he went back to Gladiator Challenge after DWCS to fight a guy with a 2-32 record and another 0-1 guy. I would have figured that he'd go rack up some wins in LFA or Titan, but none of that really matters anymore since he's a top 10 UFC contender now.

Just sayin'.

<Fedor23>

I know, I get that especially with his first 5 fights, but he went back to Gladiator Challenge after DWCS to fight a guy with a 2-32 record and another 0-1 guy. I would have figured that he'd go rack up some wins in LFA or Titan, but none of that really matters anymore since he's a top 10 UFC contender now.

Just sayin'.

<Fedor23>

Yea why do that when you know fighting bums, you'll still get invited back? Unnecessary risk if you ask me

Yea why do that when you know fighting bums, you'll still get invited back? Unnecessary risk if you ask me

With his history with WSOF, I'm surprised PFL didn't snatch him up before the UFC brought him back.

Right, so he entered the cage as a 6-0 UFC fighter with a 13-2 MMA record.

If you had eyeballs and know what you're looking at, it was clear Giga is a talented striker.

Well that was Barboza grabbing on to his leg for dear life at the end, he was just beaten so quickly he didn't really have time to scramble to grappling until it was last ditch effort.
I feel Barboza should’ve played guard to recover, hopping back to his feet when rocked was a weird play, he’s such a veteran but seems to panic when he gets hurt.

I feel Barboza should’ve played guard to recover, hopping back to his feet when rocked was a weird play, he’s such a veteran but seems to panic when he gets hurt.

Barboza & getting smashed in the UFC, name a more iconic duo...

Right, so he entered the cage as a 6-0 UFC fighter with a 13-2 MMA record.

If you had eyeballs and know what you're looking at, it was clear Giga is a talented striker.

Of course it was clear Giga is a talented striker. I'm just pointing out why some people weren't completely sold on him. His first appearance under the UFC banner was a submission loss on DWCS to Austin Springer (who went on to lose to Bruce Leroy) and his first two wins were pretty underwhelming split decisions against cans. It's not that far-fetched to think he'd have problems with Barboza even after watching all Giga's UFC fights and level of competiton.

These children just pay attention to the Instagram hype and are totally detached from reality. There’s no way you could look at these two actually fight or their level of competition and say giga is a much better striker. It’s straight up laughable.
Yes, I see what you mean..

582921-21200213.png

Of course it was clear Giga is a talented striker. I'm just pointing out why some people weren't completely sold on him. His first appearance under the UFC banner was a submission loss on DWCS to Austin Springer (who went on to lose to Bruce Leroy) and his first two wins were pretty underwhelming split decisions against cans. It's not that far-fetched to think he'd have problems with Barboza even after watching all Giga's UFC fights and level of competiton.
You just can’t ever take a loss gracefully and shut your piehole, can you?

Yeah seriously, just 3 years ago he fought a guy who was 2-31, and that's not a typo.

He's come a long way.

You just can’t ever take a loss gracefully and shut your piehole, can you?

{<jordan}

I can't believe you're still posting here after how badly you got clowned. Just go back to spamming gifs in the PBPs for likes and leave the real discussions for the rest of us who actually watch fights.

Back