Getting old sucks...

bunch of kids in this thread...i'm 41 and getting my hips realigned.
screw all of you kids. and get off my lawn.

Being young was fun but I'm glad I am not a stupid stupid kid anymore

Agreed, and you missed a major pain.

PAIN!

The body starts breaking down. I'm in shape, gym 3-5 times a week etc but every now and then , shit happens.

I strained my foot/ankle, not even sure how. I've been gimping around for 3 days now.

I can do everything I use to, it just hurts more the next day.

Life is over at 30 imo. I mean you can still enjoy yourself but you are no longer the center of your world anymore. Because most likely you will be married with kids. I know kids bring people joy and all that, but I like being the center of my life. When you have a family, you live for them. It's a huge self sacrifice that scares me.
My life has been better after 30. Like Lenny Kravitz said, "I'm old enough to see behind me. Young enough to feel my soul."

Life is over at 30 imo. I mean you can still enjoy yourself but you are no longer the center of your world anymore. Because most likely you will be married with kids. I know kids bring people joy and all that, but I like being the center of my life. When you have a family, you live for them. It's a huge self sacrifice that scares me.

You don't have to get married or have kids. Just because you get older in age doesn't mean you have to conform to what society expects from you. Taking care of a family isn't for everyone.

You don't have to get married or have kids. Just because you get older in age doesn't mean you have to conform to what society expects from you. Taking care of a family isn't for everyone.

Truth. There are millions of miserable families out there. Not saying anyone's would necessarily be miserable were they to have a family.

Im 36, Im old by the standards of some young punks in here but I really dont feel bad about my age, miss being younger, or feel that Im missing anything in my life. I really wouldnt want to be 18 again, not 24 and not even 30. Im very glad Im where I am at 36. I read somebody said in here that its bullshit when people say they wouldnt change anything in their lives.... sorry buddy but I dont have to bullshit anybody in here I wouldnt change anything in my life, not even the bad parts, not even the 10 year relationship I spent with a bitch... anything and everything that happened in my life has brought me to this point and I feel I wouldnt be anywhere else or be anybody else but who I am today and where I am today. Maybe its just me, maybe I will always be the eternal optimistic in life. I just know that this the way I know how to live and looking at some of the answers I just read I feel Im doing ok.

Im 36, Im old by the standards of some young punks in here but I really dont feel bad about my age, miss being younger, or feel that Im missing anything in my life. I really wouldnt want to be 18 again, not 24 and not even 30. Im very glad Im where I am at 36. I read somebody said in here that its bullshit when people say they wouldnt change anything in their lives.... sorry buddy but I dont have to bullshit anybody in here I wouldnt change anything in my life, not even the bad parts, not even the 10 year relationship I spent with a bitch... anything and everything that happened in my life has brought me to this point and I feel I wouldnt be anywhere else or be anybody else but who I am today and where I am today. Maybe its just me, maybe I will always be the eternal optimistic in life. I just know that this the way I know how to live and looking at some of the answers I just read I feel Im doing ok.

That's one of the best ways to look at life man, I feel this 100%. Also:

"No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again." -Buddha

TABLE OF GENERAL TIME/AGE PERIODS + FUNCTION

1-12 is the awkward basic learning stage (how things like pain works, basic social skills)

12-19 is the intro to pre-adulthood course (which I think sucks mightily, it's almost worthless in the scheme of things, even though I had a great time. It's a large waste of time, you'll find this out later if you haven't yeet)

19-22 is the into to adulthood stage (starts to actually get good)

22-28 is for the building of adulthood foundation (your first real taste of freedom and basic resources. feels wild!)

28-40+ is the creation stage (my favorite so far). Creation not only of kids (or not) but of anything you would like to create. It's now possible because you built the foundation and now you can work off of it. If you're depressed now, it's because you are not creating, or being creative with your resources. I'm not saying it's easy or simple. But you almost definitely have more and better resources than when in your mid-20's. You must use it cleverly and creatively to build what you've always wanted

45/50-55 is where you can live off of what you made previously. So do a good job in the previous section, or else it will extend to this period (still not the end of the world, people are at their potential smartest/craftiest at this period, I think, just with less energy but may likely be more efficient if they are determined). You may also choose to continue creating and building at this stage, no reason not to

After that it does drop off somewhat unless you're fit, in which case you will look and act 38-40 until you are mid to late 70. No joke. Lots of accomplished militarymen do this, I've noticed. You can too. It's basically no different than when they were 38-40

I call work. There's no way that a guy who's so afraid that he wants to put bear traps around his property travels anywhere.

I'm turning 30 in the spring and am loving life. I finally have a solid career that I am enjoying and not a complete slave at and with that, some money to do basically whatever I want - go on vacations, go out to dinner, etc..and I'm getting married soon.

The only sense that I really feel old is physically - balding a little, not in as good of shape as I used to be and that kind of stuff but I try to not let that bug me too much. Everyone goes through these same physical changes.

While my 20's were a blast (with lots of partying), I don't think I would necessarily do it over again. I actually got a little tired of boozing all the time, taking classes, being in debt and all the crap that comes with it.

Not to mention, I think that this is a really shitty time to be a post college early 20 something college graduate. There are so many kids out of college with huge amounts of debt and no employment prospects. Very happy that I got out of that stage of my life before this economic recession hit. My heart breaks for some of the younger generation out there now these days.

Back