Getting old sucks...

Tell me about it. I turned 29 yesterday. The big 3-0 is staring me down.

Dude, I turned 30 in October. trust me, it isn't the horrifying experience you think it will be. I had a count down going and everything. Then I woke up on my 30th B-day and was like "aw, this isn't too bad at all". It's like the excuse all the skanky chicks I went to high school with used to use for banging old guys. "Age ain't nothing but a number". And it's true.

I had a friend bring something up the other day that kind of hit home. He said 14 years ago we started playing the game EverQuest and that if we ended up having kids instead, they would be in High School right now.

It feels like yesterday but in that context, it's pretty crazy. Time really does fly and before you know it, you're old and depressed.

I think it only feels that way because we're not concious of time passing. Stop and think about all the stuff you've done since 1999 and you realize that, no, that was really a long ass time ago. It just doesn't seem like it because you weren't paying attention.

25 now and really starting to feel like my true youth is coming to a close. Sad but hopefully we can adapt and have a good time.

Doesn't help that my cultural background is of an Asian one which emphasizes youth like crazy. I can't imagine how a lotta females feel when they start to feel that their youth is coming to a close

I'm 32 and I'm already a pissed off grumpy man. In my 20's I was built like a brick shit house and screwed birds like it was going out of fashion. Now I'm married, have a fat Shih Tzu and the only birds I get near are the 5 chickens in my garden.

25 now and really starting to feel like my true youth is coming to a close. Sad but hopefully we can adapt and have a good time.

Doesn't help that my cultural background is of an Asian one which emphasizes youth like crazy. I can't imagine how a lotta females feel when they start to feel that their youth is coming to a close

I honestly didn't feel like my life really got good until I was 25. You feel old because you've been told that life begins when you graduate from High School. It doesn't. Life doesn't really stary getting good imo until your late 20's early 30's. You start making real money, get married, have kids, buy a house, etc. I look back on my early 20's, and while they were fun, I wouldn't want to do it again. Life is good and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm married, have two kids and own a nice home, and I've still got 15 years before anybody could even begin to consider me middle aged. You've got like 20 years. Think about how long ago being 5 years old was.

When did 20 or 30 become old ? You've barely started ffs.

Stop whinging, that's life and all the pissing and moaning in the world wont change a thing. Either be happy about what you've got or do something to change it for the better, its never too late.

I went to a big party with friends and family recently. Me and some guys were talking, drinking and I look at the little kids playing in the backyard. I distinctly remember when I was that age. Playing with my cousins and friends and looking at the table where all the adults are drinking beer and talking, thinking how old they are and I couldn't even fathom myself at that age. Now I'm there.

It's not like it was within a blink of an eye, either. I've done a lot and I've been through a lot. I've been to every continent, except Antarctica. I make sure to travel abroad every year. I'm thinking it's midlife crisis. The thought that bothers me the most is that I will not live long enough to see mankind travel space and build colonies on other planets.

dont stress it too hard mang, with modern technologies & medicines we'll live to 150+yrs, so you aint even scratched the surface yet!

When did 20 or 30 become old ? You've barely started ffs.

Stop whinging, that's life and all the pissing and moaning in the world wont change a thing. Either be happy about what you've got or do something to change it for the better, its never too late.

Life is over at 30 imo. I mean you can still enjoy yourself but you are no longer the center of your world anymore. Because most likely you will be married with kids. I know kids bring people joy and all that, but I like being the center of my life. When you have a family, you live for them. It's a huge self sacrifice that scares me.

I went to a big party with friends and family recently. Me and some guys were talking, drinking and I look at the little kids playing in the backyard. I distinctly remember when I was that age. Playing with my cousins and friends and looking at the table where all the adults are drinking beer and talking, thinking how old they are and I couldn't even fathom myself at that age. Now I'm there.

It's not like it was within a blink of an eye, either. I've done a lot and I've been through a lot. I've been to every continent, except Antarctica. I make sure to travel abroad every year. I'm thinking it's midlife crisis. The thought that bothers me the most is that I will not live long enough to see mankind travel space and build colonies on other planets.

I think weird shit like this too sometimes. I'm 36 and have a 6 year old daughter. I constantly catch myself telling terrible " Oh when I was that age" stories that no one cares about.

I'm not sure it qualifies as a mid life crisis unless you're unsatisified with who you are , but I'm no psychiatrist.

Life is over at 30 imo. I mean you can still enjoy yourself but you are no longer the center of your world anymore. Because most likely you will be married with kids. I know kids bring people joy and all that, but I like being the center of my life. When you have a family, you live for them. It's a huge self sacrifice that scares me.

I'm actually happier and more comfortable with my place in life then I've ever been.

Then don't get married or have kids. You do have a choice in the matter, you know.

That bothers me too....but it's not just that, it's all the crazy technology I won't witness. Humans are going to fuse the mind and body with technology in ways people can't even fathom right now.

I turn 35 in February.

I have a 15 year old step daughter.

A 4 year old daughter

A 7 week old son.

I have travelled extensively and lived in many countries. The only thing I'd wish I could change is how long injuries take to heal. I currently have an issue with left forearm, that is either a tear of the muscle or tendon. It affects my grip and makes holding my baby difficult. o

I don't know what you old fuckers are bitching about.

Being a youth isn't as great as you think it was:

- Trying to get that drivers license
- Waking up early M-F
- Doing homework
- Getting sad when it's Sunday because it's almost Monday
-

I'm about to turn 31 and the only thing that sucks was when I turned 30. Just hearing the word bummed me out but a couple of weeks later, I was over it.

I have more responsibilities now which leads to more stress but overall, I can't complain I'm old.

Pretty much everything I wanted to get when I was a kid but couldn't because I didn't have much cash, I have now (comics, toys, home theater, etc). I train bjj and about to take boxing soon.

It feels like it takes longer for my body to recover from training though and plus I'm starting to have grey hairs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back