Getting old sucks...

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
I went to a big party with friends and family recently. Me and some guys were talking, drinking and I look at the little kids playing in the backyard. I distinctly remember when I was that age. Playing with my cousins and friends and looking at the table where all the adults are drinking beer and talking, thinking how old they are and I couldn't even fathom myself at that age. Now I'm there.

It's not like it was within a blink of an eye, either. I've done a lot and I've been through a lot. I've been to every continent, except Antarctica. I make sure to travel abroad every year. I'm thinking it's midlife crisis. The thought that bothers me the most is that I will not live long enough to see mankind travel space and build colonies on other planets.

Agreed, and you missed a major pain.

PAIN!

The body starts breaking down. I'm in shape, gym 3-5 times a week etc but every now and then , shit happens.

I strained my foot/ankle, not even sure how. I've been gimping around for 3 days now.

I went to a big party with friends and family recently. Me and some guys were talking, drinking and I look at the little kids playing in the backyard. I distinctly remember when I was that age. Playing with my cousins and friends and looking at the table where all the adults are drinking beer and talking, thinking how old they are and I couldn't even fathom myself at that age. Now I'm there.

It's not like it was within a blink of an eye, either. I've done a lot and I've been through a lot. I've been to every continent, except Antarctica. I make sure to travel abroad every year. I'm thinking it's midlife crisis. The thought that bothers me the most is that I will not live long enough to see mankind travel space and build colonies on other planets.

All that traveling,man,your life sounds friggin awesome.Sound like you've done alot in so much time.So whats wrong with aging?

Dude, you traveled to every continent. I barely been out of Missouri. I never had the time or resources to travel, as well as a lot of people I know. You should consider yourself lucky

youth is wasted on the young

WoW, I've never seen an actual post from you. Not dripping with sarcasm, or trying to be funny... I'm kind of at a loss here.

I know what you mean though. I had the same thought cross my mind last night watching my son dance in front of the window just laughing at his own reflection. lol

The thing that most older people regret before dying is not traveling to see the world, but doesn't seem to do shit for me.

I haven't been to NYC, I guess I'll go there sometime.

How old are you man? Life is getting better and more interesting the older I get.

WoW, I've never seen an actual post from you. Not dripping with sarcasm, or trying to be funny... I'm kind of at a loss here.

Yeah, old men tend to be grumpy...

Getting old is better than the alternative.

I had no real plans for NYE so ended up going to a friend of a friend's house party. Was chatting with some people when someone said they just turned 21 and it sucked to get old.

My reaction:

tumblr_m9rxcjOEZf1r5kyvmo1_500.gif

i think it also means that you start to lose your sense of humor.

yesterday was one of my friends b-days (he turned 33)

i wished him "happy birthday old man" on FB, and the fucker got all butthurt.

known him since 04 and he knows i always make jokes like that and he gets upset.

ungrateful turd.

You're a monster.

The thing that most older people regret before dying is not traveling to see the world, but doesn't seem to do shit for me.

I haven't been to NYC, I guess I'll go there sometime.

I'm in the same boat... except I'm in my early 30's and most of my peers are childless.

just because you have seen the world doensn't mean you don't have anything to look forward too. I believe we are close to the same age. I think as you get older you start to examine your life. The one thing that keeps me going is the legacy I will leave behind. I want to raise my children to be productive members of society and have people say kind things about me when I die. That, in itself, is a life long task/journey that I welcome with open arms. No magic wizards, no fluke meter leads shoved up my ass, just legacy. Real talk.

Getting old only sucks when you had a great childhood. You enjoyed your time so much when you were little, that now, life can't really live up too it.

Kind of like an old champ who retired. Glory days behind you, and all that.

But you still have a chance to have tons of fun and get wild if you want too. Just gotta keep searching for something that makes you really happy, then overdue it a bit on whatever that is.

When you're actually old, like in your 50's, (or if you get cancer) you will regret not enjoying your youth. And your 30s is your youth, comparatively speaking. Get drunk and make some mistakes!

Hold steady, stay positive.

I had no real plans for NYE so ended up going to a friend of a friend's house party. Was chatting with some people when someone said they just turned 21 and it sucked to get old.

This happens to me all the time. I was at a party not to long ago and this extremely attractive girl comes over to my friends and I, we start chatting and then flirting, then she lets it slip that shes fourteen years old. This girl was 6' tall and fully developed and had been drinking all night with us. I was shocked. She was actually closer in age to my son than she was to me. Obviously i told her to say no to drugs and stay in school and then ran before the cops came.

On a side note whats the deal with crapford? Are you from St. Louis? The rams had a respectable year. I know Bradford had little to do with it .

Physically the body wears down. Mentally things get boring. It sucks. Drugs and Alcohol still work, thankfully.

Tell me about it. I turned 29 yesterday. The big 3-0 is staring me down.

Another mid-life/quarter-life crisis thread. Everybody gets old eventually, you just have to learn to deal with it. Those kids in the party will probably be in the same position you're at currently, though I hope not.

I feel that life has only gotten better and I've only gotten wiser as I get older.

Back