Getting old sucks...

Aren't chicks the ones that are supposed to be upset about getting older?

Every year I make a little more money than the last.

Cars get nicer, home gets nicer.

I can afford and appreciate going to nice restaurants.

My 20s have been better than my teens and I expect my 30s to be better than my 20s

I feel that way when I see 17 year old high school girls cycling.

This thread bummed me big time. Maybe I should start doing something with my life.

I haven't been to NYC, I guess I'll go there sometime.

Not to burst your happy bubble, but NYC is nowhere near as fun as it used to be.
Dirty politics have dramatically changed the city.
Have you ever been to Miami, Montreal, or Toronto?
These particular destinations haven't been affected by US politics.

The thought that bothers me the most is that I will not live long enough to see mankind travel space and build colonies on other planets.

This shit bothers me every day of my life.

I blame my trip to disneyworld as a kid.
If you got to see "Horizons" before it was uninstalled, that was about as close as you will get.

The thing that most older people regret before dying is not traveling to see the world, but doesn't seem to do shit for me.

Then why do it every year? Do you go on these yearly trips by yourself?

The thought that bothers me the most is that I will not live long enough to see mankind travel space and build colonies on other planets.
Sorry to have to introduce yet a further dose of reality, but you might wanna read about how "Space travel can accelerate Alzheimeimers" (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5033458...t/space-may-accelerate-alzheimers-astronauts/) before dreaming that it's worth putting any eggs in that basket. You'd prolly be a vegetable not long after setting off on your intergalatic recon anyway.

Then why do it every year? Do you go on these yearly trips by yourself?

It's really the only thing to do. What else is there? Half the time, my wife and daughter come with me, the other half I go by myself. It just depends on if the place I'm going to is a place my wife is interested in seeing.

Sorry to have to introduce yet a further dose of reality, but you might wanna read about how "Space travel can accelerate Alzheimeimers" (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5033458...t/space-may-accelerate-alzheimers-astronauts/) before dreaming that it's worth putting any eggs in that basket. You'd prolly be a vegetable not long after setting off on your intergalatic recon anyway.

They will have a cure for Alzheimers and any other ailment by then. Medical science will be so advanced that people will probably live to hundreds of years old or maybe even reverse the aging process.

bHfhQ.jpg

3S5U6.jpg

Stating the obvious here, but, kids that were born in 2000 will be teenagers this year.

That makes me feel old, I was only 14 in 2000.

Turned 30 this year, yeah it fucking sucks, sure I make loads more money than I did when I was young, but you can't buy youth. Six of one, half dozen of the other I guess, I saw far more of the world when I was in my late 20s than when I was 19. Also I guess to a lot of older dudes someone who just turned 30 isn't old, just like that 21 thought he was old because he wasn't 16 anymore.

Time goes by fast. I'm 33 and physically I don't really feel any different than I did in my teens. I'm actually in better shape I'd say. Every now and then you get little reminders though. I'm starting to get a tons of grey facial hair and the every day grind is tiring.

If men have a biological clock, I'm starting to feel it. I'm still single and without kids. At this age, chances are I'm only going to find weird single women or women that have already had a ton of kids. Time is running out if I want a kid and it's not going to get any easier.

Time goes by fast. I'm 33 and physically I don't really feel any different than I did in my teens. I'm actually in better shape I'd say. Every now and then you get little reminders though. I'm starting to get a tons of grey facial hair and the every day grind is tiring.

If men have a biological clock, I'm starting to feel it. I'm still single and without kids. At this age, chances are I'm only going to find weird single women or women that have already had a ton of kids. Time is running out if I want a kid and it's not going to get any easier.

kids will tear you down 5-10 years.... totally worth it of course.

Dude, you traveled to every continent. I barely been out of Missouri. I never had the time or resources to travel, as well as a lot of people I know. You should consider yourself lucky

One thing I've found that when I talk to people who have traveled around the world is that they tend to have only gone to one place here and one place there. So while they have traveled long distances on a plane a few times, they haven't really seen "the world". Like someone who has been to France will usually tell me they went to a few landmarks or the Louvre in Paris and that's it. I bet none of them have ever been to Missouri. I'd personally like to visit a dolomite cedar glade in the Ozarks at least once in my life.

One thing I've found that when I talk to people who have traveled around the world is that they tend to have only gone to one place here and one place there. So while they have traveled long distances on a plane a few times, they haven't really seen "the world". Like someone who has been to France will usually tell me they went to a few landmarks or the Louvre in Paris and that's it. I bet none of them have ever been to Missouri. I'd personally like to visit a dolomite cedar glade in the Ozarks at least once in my life.

I used to go to the lake of the Ozarks every year when I was a kid. That place was really beautiful.

One thing I regret and want to change in my life is my lack of travel and I want to meet more diverse people. One of my driving motivations behind MMA. I want to fight abroad meet and train with people from all over the globe

Agreed, and you missed a major pain.

PAIN!

The body starts breaking down. I'm in shape, gym 3-5 times a week etc but every now and then , shit happens.

I strained my foot/ankle, not even sure how. I've been gimping around for 3 days now.

Aleve is my new best friend.

I had a friend bring something up the other day that kind of hit home. He said 14 years ago we started playing the game EverQuest and that if we ended up having kids instead, they would be in High School right now.

It feels like yesterday but in that context, it's pretty crazy. Time really does fly and before you know it, you're old and depressed.

How old are you man? Life is getting better and more interesting the older I get.

same here.

my twenties were tough. a lot of mistakes made, and a lot of lessons learned.

my thirties have been great so far, though. and i can only hope that i feel the same when i'm in my forties.

Back