Georgia Man arrested for child cruelty

Take away the source of these videos he's watching and help the kid with his homework.

This slab carrying business isn't necessary. But the state should have no say in how a Father chooses to raise his son and neither do we.

That kid is going resent his father when hes older

Wouldnt be surprised if he tries to KO his old man 5-10 years from now

Could go either way... My step father was over the top sometimes with his discipline... and I hated him growing up... but as somebody in his mid-30's now whose been a relatively successful adult, I look back with a sense of gratitude. I was a very dis-respectful and badly behaved kid... and without him forcing me to comply with his behavior standards, I don't believe I would be nearly as good of a person or as successful as what I am today. Instead I might be in jail... or have a career as a pizza delivery driver who calls the cops on fathers who discipline their kids.

The world needs more strict discipline, especially the younger generation who lack the fundamental appreciation for hardwork. I will make sure to raise my children properly. Being tough does not mean child abuse. What a sorry excuse of a judicial system we have.

Take away the source of these videos he's watching and help the kid with his homework.

This slab carrying business isn't necessary. But the state should have no say in how a Father chooses to raise his son and neither do we.

What's the age of consent in Georgia? If the father told his son to go get weird with a bunch of truck drivers, assuming there's no issue with statutory rape laws, and the kid went ahead and did it, is that ok because it's how the father chooses to raise his son?

I'm not trying to compare the two punishments as equally harsh, just trying to find the line where it becomes obvious that the whole business about the state having no right to interfere with raising children doesn't hold up. An arbitrary and potentially dangerous public punishment could qualify. I don't know if it does in this case, but dismissing any utility in having the state intervene in situations where kids are in real danger would permit some serious fuckery.

Last edited:
Some of you guys must be the toughest in the trailer court. Lol at acting like this is normal and acceptable.

You must have been the softest kid in the gated community. ;)

I don't think this is normal, but I don't think it should be considered a criminal offense.

I think it's okay to use similar punishment though. You didn't clean your room? Fine, you can't go out with your friends and now you get to mow the lawn, or shovel snow, or rake leaves, etc, etc.

He shouldn't have been arrested but it's one of the stupidest ideas I've heard in a long time. Kid is 4'2, probably like 80 pounds(so basically a midget) and he's makin him carry 25 pounds down a dark road at 3am?

What a stupid fucking guy

You must have been the softest kid in the gated community. ;)

I don't think this is normal, but I don't think it should be considered a criminal offense.

I think it's okay to use similar punishment though. You didn't clean your room? Fine, you can't go out with your friends and now you get to mow the lawn, or shovel snow, or rake leaves, etc, etc.

Huge difference between making your undersized kid carry a 23 pound weight for miles in the middle night and getting him to shovel snow or rake leaves haha. My parents did the same back in the day, if I didn't get shit done I wasn't allowed to go out to play with my friends, and had to stay in until all my chores were done.

Huge difference between making your undersized kid carry a 23 pound weight for miles in the middle night and getting him to shovel snow or rake leaves haha. My parents did the same back in the day, if I didn't get shit done I wasn't allowed to go out to play with my friends, and had to stay in until all my chores were done.

I don't think it was a good idea to send him out at 3 am, but I don't think a walk with a stone is all that horrible of a punishment.

The idea is that it is physically taxing and undesirable enough that you don't make the mistake again.

Soon it'll be illegal to send your kid outdoors if its over 80

The father should be worried that the kid is only 4'2 at 16. Isn't that completely un normal? I'm pretty sure he's offically a midget, and all the kids I've seen that age are around 5'0 at least. You usually only have 2-3 years of decent growth left, sometimes none.

Maybe all that hard labour is turning him into a midget, kid needs more milk or else he's going to be picked on his whole life.

What's the age of consent in Georgia? If the father told his son to go blow a bunch of truck drivers, assuming there's no issue with statutory rape laws, and the kid went ahead and did it, is that ok because it's how the father chooses to raise his son?

I'm not trying to compare the two punishments as equally harsh, just trying to find the line where it becomes obvious that the whole business about the state having no right to interfere with raising children doesn't hold up. An arbitrary and potentially dangerous public punishment could qualify. I don't know if it does in this case, but dismissing any utility in having the state intervene in situations where kids are in real danger would permit some serious fuckery.

Its hard to say. Truckers need all they can get.

In all seriousness I can't be the one who decides the punishment of another man. Its possible that society causes many problems within families.

I do have to wonder how he could get his kid to do this walk with the paver if he couldn't get him to mow the lawn or whatever.

"mow the lawn son"
"no"
"mow the damn lawn!"
"no, and screw you!"
"well then here, take this paver and walk 3 miles with it!"
"sure thing pops."

I do have to wonder how he could get his kid to do this walk with the paver if he couldn't get him to mow the lawn or whatever.

"mow the lawn son"
"no"
"mow the damn lawn!"
"no, and screw you!"
"well then here, take this paver and walk 3 miles with it!"
"sure thing pops."

Probably threatened further punishment.

I grew up on a farm. Walking through miles of open fields, picking up big rocks in scorching heat was not the punishment, it was the chore.

I'll make sure to tell my parents about child cruelty. hehehe

Its hard to say. Truckers need all they can get.

In all seriousness I can't be the one who decides the punishment of another man. Its possible that society causes many problems within families.

It's definitely a tricky thing to approach. Balancing the autonomy of the family with the societal urge to protect children, it's instinctive to want to defer to the parents, and I certainly agree that it is the right call in most cases, and even this case. I'm personally unsure of where the line should fall in terms of the societal need trumping family autonomy, but I think a clearheaded an honest assessment of both a need and benefit related to some government intervention is a step towards locating that line. I feel like this case sort of illustrates that uncomfortable middle ground between the instinctive polarized responses to cases of prosecuted child endangerment.

I grew up on a farm. Walking through miles of open fields, picking up big rocks in scorching heat was not the punishment, it was the chore.

I'll make sure to tell my parents about child cruelty. hehehe

I didn't grow up on a farm, but I spent my summers working the hay harvest on my grandparents' farm.

Apparently they should have been arrested.

One summer the kicker on the hay baler went out. I had to ride in the wagon and stack every single bale, and then take them all down and put them on the hay elevator. Essentially I had to move every single bale three times. They were one third, or more, of my body weight.

A bit harsh, maybe. Cruelty, hell no. This kid was basically doing a little farm work.

My punishment when I was a teenager was that I had to labor for my dads masonry company. Carrying blocks all day, mixing mortar, stuff like that.

Back