Georges St-Pierre uninterested in fight with Anderson Silva ‘right now’

They were going to make this fight and have them do a stare off at ufc 112 but after Silva clowned around the whole fight Dana didn't want to make the fight anymore. Now GSP has nothing to gain from the fight. SIlva isnt a draw and is a known drug cheat.

not only that but he fought nick fucking diaz before hendricks. he somehow inserted him in there, who had just lost afaik. then they put hendricks against condit to see if he would lose but he still won

OH so you didnt want GSP to fight Diaz because he just lost a split decision and was on a somehting like 12 fights win streak but somehow you want GSP to fight AS who is 1-4 in his last 5?

You just exposed yourself for being a cherry picking biased piece of shit.

Maybe if Silva would stop getting suspended then he could fight GSP. Silva confirmed ducking gsp via multiple ped test failures.

He just did you fucking idiot.

Look out everybody, we got a tough guy here.

I bet if we do a search on your posting history you will have a long list of GSP ball licking threads and an equal amount of anti Anderson Silva threads.

Anyone else wanna take a bet with me?

Smart move. He should wait until Anderson is fucking fifty.

GSP wants a legacy fight and Silva isnt one because you can fucking bet that the minute GSP whoops that ass peoples will discredit it and THEN theyll mention AS' mediocre record in the last few years.

This fight does absolutely nothing for GSP. Would be an easy win though.

OH so you didnt want GSP to fight Diaz because he just lost a split decision and was on a somehting like 12 fights win streak but somehow you want GSP to fight AS who is 1-4 in his last 5?

You just exposed yourself for being a cherry picking biased piece of shit.
?

I'm talking hendricks buddy. 6 years ago. nick was a journeymen that was fighting good matchups at strikeforce. now let's be honest, GSP will keep talking and will do nothing. maybe he will fight khabib mcgregor winner. but why not fight anderson in the mean time who is allegedly washed up?

GSP is a little overly calculated. He doesn’t like an opponent having ANY advantage over him whatsoever, at least none that he can possibly control. It makes him appear like he’s just not that confident in himself. And his come back from retirement cherry picking makes it appear that he doesn’t even love fighting, he just wants to cash in on more money and legacy.

To his credit he's openly honest about not even liking to fight let alone loving it.

He was openly honest when he came back what his intentions were, and wall street George was created.

Not sure what your problem is?

?

I'm talking hendricks buddy. 6 years ago. nick was a journeymen that was fighting good matchups at strikeforce. now let's be honest, GSP will keep talking and will do nothing. maybe he will fight khabib mcgregor winner. but why not fight anderson in the mean time who is allegedly washed up?

Oh so you cant even admit your use of double standards? Laughable. You're either blind or fucking stupid.

Why would he fight anderson when after beating him with ease morons like you would accuse him of having cherry picked an old man who hasnt win a fight in years?

the GSP haters will cling to the 'ducking' narrative, but anyone with half a clue sees that fighting Silva right now makes no sense at all for GSP.

GSP has 2-3 fights left in him, max...wasting one on an aging Silva, who hasn't looked "good" in the cage for 5-6 years now, is rather pointless.

I don't blame him. Silva is a PED cheat, and Lost to Bisping. GSP finished Bisping while he was MW Champion, and GSP was a two division champion and gave up the MW belt, so why would he want to stoop to such a low level and fight Silva?

I don't blame him. He's playing the ufcs game.. and in Sheen's words, he is Winning!!!!

As usual, these threads are so confusing.

GSP, like Silva, dominated his division for years and fought whoever the UFC put in front of him.

I don't see why everybody gets worked up. Neither of those guys ducked anyone at their weight class. They fought everybody. Some people twice.

At their peaks, the super fight between them never happened for lots of reasons. Dana claims Silva clowned too much (I doubt it. Dana would not turn down money over something like that). Silva never wanted to cut down to 170 (remember that he fought at 168 in PRIDE before he started... lifting weights...). GSP never wanted to move up.

So it never happened. Lots of reasons. Personally, I never felt like either guy really really wanted that fight because either of them could have made it happen if they were determined to do so.

Now GSP is just keeping it real. He doesn't care about defending titles. He wants fights that make him maximum money and enhance his legacy. The guy is semi-retired. Seems reasonable.

I really enjoyed the Bisping fight. Khabib would be a lot of fun too.

not only that but he fought nick fucking diaz before hendricks. he somehow inserted him in there, who had just lost afaik. then they put hendricks against condit to see if he would lose but he still won

gotta love Sherdog. you list 3 fighters that GSP all fought within a 2-3 year period but apparently not in the right order.

Maybe if Silva would stop getting suspended then he could fight GSP. Silva confirmed ducking gsp via multiple ped test failures.

In fairness to Anderson, he was cleared from his positive test recently and the fight has been talked about and GSP says he's got no interest. Anderson tested positive once in 2015 at the time GSP was retired, and then again when GSP came back and both had different fights lined up already....he tested positive after GSP signed to fight Bisping and Anderson signed to fight Gastelum. So Anderson tests have nothing to do with this and at no point do they interfere with a GSP fight.

He stalled for months when he heard he had to fight Hendricks. Then he tried everything in his power to get Hendricks to take a drug test. After the fight he knew he got lucky on the decision and that means they would eventually fight again. GSP retired Lennox Lewis style because he didn't want to rematch Hendricks.

Yeah shame on GSP for not wanting to fight a guy that everyone and their Grandma knew was doping. Yet, he still showed up and fought his heart out. GSP was burn't out and wanted to take a break after the Shields fight. He had been fighting 2 to 3 times a year for 10 years and wanted a break. Yet because the MMA world kept saying to him, No you gotta fight THIS guy. He fought 3 more times when he didn't really want to. GSP wanted to take a break from MMA long before the Hendricks fight and he deserved it. Yet because the Hendricks fight was so close the pinheads on this website cried that he was ducking. GSP fought EVERYONE in the WW division for a decade. Get the fuck outta here with this "didn't wanna fight Hendricks again' shit. He wanted out YEARS before that fight. And as close as the fight was. GSP beat Hendricks. Too bad so sad Johnny.

Always made excuses about not wanting to go to MW despite gloating about being close to 200 lbs at WW. 3 years into retirement, not a peep from him. 2 weeks after Bisping won the belt, GSP is sending out headlines about him wanting to fight Bisping. Seems rather convenient.

GSP is and always has been a Welterweight fighter. He was a champ that cleaned out the division. He is and was never under ANY obligation to go up a weight class and fight. How do you duck a fighter that isn't your weightclass ? That's just braindead fan nonsense that does not hold ANY credence whatsoever. There have probably been over 100 UFC champions since 1993 and somehow only GSP is dumped on for not moving out of his weightclass to fight another champion. Why didn't Anderson fight Jones? Why didn't Jones fight Cain? Why didn't Frankie Edgar fight GSP? It's bullshit backwards logic that holds no weight. GSP put in his time as WW champion. He fought all contenders, now near retirement he wants only legacy fights. He thought he could beat Bisping, so he moved up in weight and finished him. The idea that GSP thinking Bisping was more beatable than other champions is some kind of shady manuerver is utter nonsense. He moved up and beat the champ he thought he could beat. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

During the whole fight process GSP and his fans claim he won't duck the next contender because it's in his contract. It's in the contract!!! After the fight tells everyone he has a disease and he cannot fight at MW anymore because he barely weighted 192 lbs for the fight where he looked giant next to Bisping in the fight.

Looked like a giant next to Bisping. Thats funny stuff. GSP was never going to go for a second run as Middleweight champion. If you bought into that. Thats on you. You got played. The guy is 37 years old. His legacy is set in stone. His career is coming to a close. If you thought it was anything more than a one off and that GSP was going to try and clean out the MW division, you're delusional.

What about Woodley we say? NAH. Let me pick a fight with a smaller 155lb name Khabib..

GSP has nothing left to accomplish at WW. He's done all that. He should pass up fighting Khabib or Conor fucking McGregor and being the first 3 division champion for fucking Tyron Woodley. <45> You're a funny guy.

Last edited:
GSP is a little overly calculated. He doesn’t like an opponent having ANY advantage over him whatsoever, at least none that he can possibly control. It makes him appear like he’s just not that confident in himself. And his come back from retirement cherry picking makes it appear that he doesn’t even love fighting, he just wants to cash in on more money and legacy.

GSP hates fighting, he said it numerous times, he loves the lifestyle that fighting allows him to have though like many of us who hate our job and do it all the same. Georges always fought who they put in front of him when he was at WW, now he is in the position to call some of the shots, but no, he should just cater to the unwarranted sense of entitlement of Sherdoggers, many of which are haters no matter what he does, LMAO, GSP owes you nothing.

Yeah shame on GSP for not wanting to fight a guy that everyone and their Grandma knew was doping. Yet, he still showed up and fought his heart out. GSP was burn't out and wanted to take a break after the Shields fight. He had been fighting 2 to 3 times a year for 10 years and wanted a break. Yet because the MMA world kept saying to him, No you gotta fight THIS guy. He fought 3 more times when he didn't really want to. GSP wanted to take a break from MMA long before the Hendricks fight and he deserved it. Yet because the Hendricks fight was so close the pinheads on this website cried that he was ducking. GSP fought EVERYONE in the WW division for a decade. Get the fuck outta here with this "didn't wanna fight Hendricks again' shit. He wanted out YEARS before that fight.

Do you happen to understand what speculation is? Apparently not Booby.

I thought Hendricks was doping too. I also thought GSP was using PEDS . However I have absolutely zero proof either guy was on PEDS. Hendricks never failed a drug test. Everyone and their grandma knew he was on PEDS is a poor statement at best. Lies.

Maybe he wanted to retire before the Shields fight, maybe he didn't. Nobody was forcing him to continue to fight if this was truly the case. You are making it out to seem like GSP was the victim of the MMA world and he was forced to fight. He wasn't. GSP could've retired at any moment.

I already stated my case in regards to GSP trying to avoid fighting Hendricks. If you want to close your ears and ignore it, I do not have the clear ability to change your mind or even care to.

GSP is and always has been a Welterweight fighter. He was a champ that cleaned out the division. He is and was never under ANY obligation to go up a weight class and fight. How do you duck a fighter that isn't your weightclass ? That's just braindead fan nonsense that does not hold ANY credence whatsoever. There have probably been over 100 UFC champions since 1993 and somehow only GSP is dumped on for not moving out of his weightclass to fight another champion. Why didn't Anderson fight Jones? Why didn't Jones fight Cain? Why didn't Frankie Edgar fight GSP? It's bullshit backwards logic that holds no weight. GSP put in his time as WW champion. He fought all contenders, then near retirement wanted only legacy fights. He thought he could beat Bisping, so he moved up in weight and finished him. The idea that GSP thinking Bisping was more beatable than other champions is some kind of shady manuerver is utter nonsense. He moved up and beat the champ he thought he could beat. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I agree GSP had no obligation to move up. If you look up my posting history I've stated this many times now. I also don't think MM should have to move up if it does not want to.

The issue with GSP is him claiming a bloat load of obstacles to why he never wanted to move up and the moment Micheal Bisping is champion the guy has never been more hungry to prove himself against a MW. Hilarious.

Many of us on Sherdogger have been saying since day 1 Micheal Bisping was one of the weakest champions in recent times and this is the reason why GSP chose him. Hell, Micheal Bisping said it himself. You are only picking this fight with me because you think I am a weak champion. Well he was and he lost to GSP. The irony.

I mean can you seriously sit there and tell me Bisping was a dominant Middle weight champion? For the majority of his career he was getting beat up by half of the LHW/Middle weight division. The dude almost got put out by Elvis Sinosic. Your account is pretty new, so if you don't know him, feel free to do a little school time homework. Anyway back to what I was saying; Up until he beat old man Anderson Silva and Luke Rockhold, call it lucky or not, the guy's had a pretty warm career. Then he fights Dan Henderson, who at one time was a great fighter himself but his best years were behind him. Henderson plods forward slowly and almost knocks him out again.
Was he really a strong champion? Was he a dominant fighter in his career?

You are a very deceitful poster.

Looked like a giant next to Bisping. Thats funny stuff. GSP was never going to go for a second run as Middleweight champion. If you bought into that. Thats on you. You got played. The guy is 37 years old. His legacy is set in stone. His career is coming to a close. If you thought it was anything more than a one off and that GSP was going to try and clean out the MW division, you're delusional.

So you admit he wasn't going to defend and he lied about it, yet you are willing to believe all his other stories? You have so much to learn about being gullible.

It's the equivalent of GSP fans telling me he's a genuine guy and that's why we should believe GSP about him telling us he's clean. The Rock is also a very charismatic and genuine guy. Should I believe him if he told me he doesn't do PEDS? Only a fool. Only a fool.

GSP has nothing left to accomplish at WW. He's done all that. He should pass up fighting Khabib or Conor fucking McGregor and being the first 3 division champion for fucking Tyron Woodley. <45> You're a funny guy.

Thanks. I am a funny guy.

Last edited:
A Silva isn't even main card material anymore. Why would GSP want that fight?

And I agree with the haters GSP wanted no part of preUSADA Silva.

Georges knew what was up

Back