Georges St-Pierre uninterested in fight with Anderson Silva ‘right now’

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Could the two all-time greats be on a collision course in a fight a decade in the making?

Probably not, GSP told Submission Radio in an interview this week in Australia. The former UFC welterweight and middleweight champion, who is doing a speaking tour of continent, said that he doesn’t think he’d benefit much from fighting Silva at this juncture.

“Right now, I don’t think it’s a win-win situation for me, because I have a lot more to lose than to win right now fighting against Anderson Silva,” GSP said.

St-Pierre said when they were both champions and the UFC wanted them to fight, he had requested extra drug testing. Silva never tested positive for anything then, but has now popped twice in the last three years. The latter, though, came from a contaminated supplement and USADA gave him a reduced suspension.

The UFC didn’t agree to extra testing at that time, GSP said, though now it uses USADA as its anti-doping partner.

“This fight was interesting at a certain point when I had a lot of contenders in my division,” St-Pierre said. “This fight, if it would have been made, I wanted it to be made with extra performance-enhancing drug testing, which UFC was not a fan about it, because they didn’t want VADA to be a part of it.”

St-Pierre said he also wanted the fight to be a catchweight, because it would be difficult for him to bounce back to welterweight after fighting at middleweight against Silva. The move to middleweight proved a difficult one for GSP last year. Despite beating Bisping, he came down with ulcerative colitis, a digestive issue, after the bout, due to the packing on of pounds.

In an interview with MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz last month, Silva expressed interest in a fight with St-Pierre one day happening.

“Anything is possible in the UFC, man,” Silva said. “It’s a very eclectic company, with a broad vision of the sport. They are going through a new moment, a moment of entertainment, so anything can happen.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

<CanYouSeeMeNow><mma3><DCrying><{cruzshake}><24>

Could the two all-time greats be on a collision course in a fight a decade in the making?

Probably not, GSP told Submission Radio in an interview this week in Australia. The former UFC welterweight and middleweight champion, who is doing a speaking tour of continent, said that he doesn’t think he’d benefit much from fighting Silva at this juncture.

“Right now, I don’t think it’s a win-win situation for me, because I have a lot more to lose than to win right now fighting against Anderson Silva,” GSP said.

St-Pierre said when they were both champions and the UFC wanted them to fight, he had requested extra drug testing. Silva never tested positive for anything then, but has now popped twice in the last three years. The latter, though, came from a contaminated supplement and USADA gave him a reduced suspension.

The UFC didn’t agree to extra testing at that time, GSP said, though now it uses USADA as its anti-doping partner.

“This fight was interesting at a certain point when I had a lot of contenders in my division,” St-Pierre said. “This fight, if it would have been made, I wanted it to be made with extra performance-enhancing drug testing, which UFC was not a fan about it, because they didn’t want VADA to be a part of it.”

St-Pierre said he also wanted the fight to be a catchweight, because it would be difficult for him to bounce back to welterweight after fighting at middleweight against Silva. The move to middleweight proved a difficult one for GSP last year. Despite beating Bisping, he came down with ulcerative colitis, a digestive issue, after the bout, due to the packing on of pounds.

In an interview with MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz last month, Silva expressed interest in a fight with St-Pierre one day happening.

“Anything is possible in the UFC, man,” Silva said. “It’s a very eclectic company, with a broad vision of the sport. They are going through a new moment, a moment of entertainment, so anything can happen.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

<CanYouSeeMeNow><mma3><DCrying><{cruzshake}><24>

GSP wants that Conor money

C422D156-2384-4ABB-9669-89AB25EC4AF0.gif C422D156-2384-4ABB-9669-89AB25EC4AF0.gif C422D156-2384-4ABB-9669-89AB25EC4AF0.gif C422D156-2384-4ABB-9669-89AB25EC4AF0.gif C422D156-2384-4ABB-9669-89AB25EC4AF0.gif C422D156-2384-4ABB-9669-89AB25EC4AF0.gif C422D156-2384-4ABB-9669-89AB25EC4AF0.gif C422D156-2384-4ABB-9669-89AB25EC4AF0.gif C422D156-2384-4ABB-9669-89AB25EC4AF0.gif C422D156-2384-4ABB-9669-89AB25EC4AF0.gif

Last edited:
no shit.. he's been ducking him forever

GSP has always dodged Anderson

Anderson would have sliced him up

GSP still ducking Anderson after a decade plus even though Anderson is forty fucking three years old.

Still won’t fight him even at Anderson’s old age? Sheesh

Would anyone actually like to see them fight though? 8 years ago maybe but what does GSP have to gain from it now?

GSP is a great dude outside of MMA and he was my favorite fighter for quite a while. But he's become a major twat the last couple of years when it comes to fighting. He's waiting for a single big payday against Conor, but Dana is unlikely to give it to him unless Conor loses to Khabib. At that point a Conor fight is less appealing, or at least should be.

If GSP is healthy he should be fighting woodley or another WW. Sitting on the shelf isn't doing him any good, especially now that Conor has his next opponent booked.

Anderson Silva is 1-4-1 in his last 6 fights. He has 1 win in the last 5 years. He's been caught twice as a drug cheat. In NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM does Anderson Silva deserve a fight with GSP.

GSP would in all likelihood have raped Anderson Silva at any point during their careers, but I'd be rooting hard for Silva to score a career highlight KO.

GSP is coming off a win for the title while Anderson is coming off a positive drug test, so why would he want this fight.

Anderson Silva is 1-4-1 in his last 6 fights. He has 1 win in the last 5 years. He's been caught twice as a drug cheat. In NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM does Anderson Silva deserve a fight with GSP.

328F4D3B-8807-4685-9A8E-473D288325C6.gif

He'll wait and do it for De La Hoya's production like Chuck and Tito. In the mean time, he's eyeing up the winner of Khabib and Conor(probably praying Conor wins).

lol, how many years has he been ducking him for now? why can't he simply come out and say that he doesn't want to fight him, and never plans to? how many years is he going to wait? until anderson is in a wheelchair? i wish the media would let it go. he doesn't want the fight, even though he's scared to say it.

GSP would in all likelihood have raped Anderson Silva at any point during their careers, but I'd be rooting hard for Silva to score a career highlight KO.

if only gsp had your confidence in himself. i'm guessing he knows something you don't.

Would anyone actually like to see them fight though? 8 years ago maybe but what does GSP have to gain from it now?

Nothing.

GSP accepts. GsP haters will just say he waited till andy was past his prime ti accept.

GSP refuses they say he's still scared.

They dont even realise it, but they are proving GSP 100% in that its a lose-lose situation.

Back