Georges St. Pierre Rejected By Berlin Nightclub, Left Out In The Rain

dress code like in other clubs around the world, and he's not popular to the average german guy

I've gotten in before. That place is crazy.

I didn't even wear anything special. You're not supposed to dress up. Berlin is a casual city.

No one in Germany will know who GSP is, and most have never even heard of UFC. They may have a vague awareness of MMA, but just think its a fringe bloodsport they have no interest in. You will not find many mma fans in western Europe - Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy - none of them care at all for this sport. Obviously, the situation is better in UK but its still seen in a far more negative light than it is in Canada or US.

I'm not sure if its more accepted in Scandinavia, but its best chance of success is eastern Europe. American MMA fans really seem to have no idea just how irrelavent and tiny it is on a global scale, and its laughable to even compare to soccer. Shouldnt even be compared to ice hockey or boxing even.

The average Brazilian is only familiar with Anderson because he's in burger king ads. The average Russian is not familiar with Fedor. The average Korean is not familiar with Korean Zombie [they are however, familiar with Akiyama due to his constant tv appearances].
You realize they've had two events in Germany, and they're having another one there today? I think they're probably going to sell some of the tickets too.

Half of the other stuff in this post is off-base as well.

Most bouncers in the world must know who GSP is. Bas would've known how to handle the situation...

Pfff...that's your problem right there...a Berlin nightclub

Haha, Berghain was my first though. I'm sure they'd love GSP in the dark rooms. We also tried to go to KaterHolzig the last time I was in Berlin and some purple haired **** turned us down after we'd been waiting in line for half an hour on a cold November night. Another place told us that the three of us couldn't enter unless we had a better man-to-woman ratio, so I we had to find random chicks in the street and convince them to join us.

No one in Germany will know who GSP is, and most have never even heard of UFC. They may have a vague awareness of MMA, but just think its a fringe bloodsport they have no interest in. You will not find many mma fans in western Europe - Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy - none of them care at all for this sport. Obviously, the situation is better in UK but its still seen in a far more negative light than it is in Canada or US.

I'm not sure if its more accepted in Scandinavia, but its best chance of success is eastern Europe. American MMA fans really seem to have no idea just how irrelavent and tiny it is on a global scale, and its laughable to even compare to soccer. Shouldnt even be compared to ice hockey or boxing even.

The average Brazilian is only familiar with Anderson because he's in burger king ads. The average Russian is not familiar with Fedor. The average Korean is not familiar with Korean Zombie [they are however, familiar with Akiyama due to his constant tv appearances].

WTF? MMA is featured in Danish and Swedish news.
Alex is regularly in Swedens biggest newspaper. They even had an article about Martin Hitman Kampmann because he won a freaking poker tournament.
Denmarks biggest online paper follows UFC regularly and always have news when mma fights involving Danish fighters happens.

MMA is very known in the Scandinavian region, and as a sport mma is pretty big in
Sweden. Also you have several orgs in the Nordic Superior Challenge for one.
BJJ is huge in the Nordic, and several champs lives there.

Last time I was in Marseilles the taxi driver had an UFC wall paper on his phone.
Said he was an avid fan and trained MT, said it was a lot of people he knew that follow the sport.
Not a good source of course but I would say MMA is pretty well known and big in Western Europe. People might not be more than casuals but they do know MMA.

And Germany?? UFC have been there several times, now they talk about Sweden, just that talk also got mentions in Swedish news. The Gus vs JBJ fight that is.

My family in Spain knows mma and its blowing up there according to them.

So I am not sure what you are on about.

Pathetic. A man of GSP's stature should be VIP every where for at least the next 5 years.

Not in Berlin, nightlife scene is pretty sceney there. They're very particular about what kind of crowd they let in. Same with NYC, that's why Gracie's got dissed at 1oak

WTF? MMA is featured in Danish and Swedish news.
Alex is regularly in Swedens biggest newspaper. They even had an article about Martin Hitman Kampmann because he won a freaking poker tournament.
Denmarks biggest online paper follows UFC regularly and always have news when mma fights involving Danish fighters happens.

MMA is very known in the Scandinavian region, and as a sport mma is pretty big in
Sweden. Also you have several orgs in the Nordic Superior Challenge for one.
BJJ is huge in the Nordic, and several champs lives there.

Last time I was in Marseilles the taxi driver had an UFC wall paper on his phone.
Said he was an avid fan and trained MT, said it was a lot of people he knew that follow the sport.
Not a good source of course but I would say MMA is pretty well known and big in Western Europe. People might not be more than casuals but they do know MMA.

And Germany?? UFC have been there several times, now they talk about Sweden, just that talk also got mentions in Swedish news. The Gus vs JBJ fight that is.

My family in Spain knows mma and its blowing up there according to them.

So I am not sure what you are on about.
Nah, it really isn't. Marseille has always been a town with a history of fight sports, but on the whole MMA really isn't that big in Europe. It's bigger in Scandinavia, but other European countries really aren't that big on MMA. The fact that London and Berlin have events doesn't say much, because it's a lot of the same fans flying in to watch the events. I mean, it takes me 3 hours tops to get from where I live in the Netherlands to downtown London. There are many diehard fans who gladly take a trip like that from further away to attend an event. And on a population of 500 million, you're bound to find 10 to 15 thousand people to attend. Hell, It's Showtime was much bigger in Europe than the UFC and these guys consistently had a (kinda) big events, for example in the Amsterdam ArenA with 20,000 people, but it was still a niche sport.

Haha, Berghain was my first though. I'm sure they'd love GSP in the dark rooms. We also tried to go to KaterHolzig the last time I was in Berlin and some purple haired **** turned us down after we'd been waiting in line for half an hour on a cold November night. Another place told us that the three of us couldn't enter unless we had a better man-to-woman ratio, so I we had to find random chicks in the street and convince them to join us.

That sounds miserable. Why would anyone subject themselves to that?

I read the comments on the website that guy posted about that club. the place sound pretentious as hell.

Policeman did stop by to take pictures with GSP so i dont think hes a "no-name" in Germany...

592571gsp.png

Maybe those are french cops .

well maybe he can run to the nearest shop and buy a pair of shoes

GSP should have jabbed the bouncers then took them down for 25 minutes.

jk

Next time he should use a tapout shirt and a replica of his ufc belt, that would do the trick

Why does GSP look like a 10 years old in the picture ? Like the bodyshape .. the jeans .. wtf

That sounds miserable. Why would anyone subject themselves to that?

I read the comments on the website that guy posted about that club. the place sound pretentious as hell.

not at all, most clubs around the world have these strict door policies, designed to keep the loud mouthed egotistical Americans out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back