General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

RIP Elias Theodorou

Stage 4 liver cancer. Kept it a secret from most people.

Awful. So crushing to hear about someone so young like this. RIP Elias.

Ohhhh sweet matchup of two undefeated guys who just want to grapple in Thugnasty vs Evloev.

Ohhhh sweet matchup of two undefeated guys who just want to grapple in Thugnasty vs Evloev.
Evloev is flawed, and I can never tell how good Bryce really is cuz he seems to improve each fight, or at least show a new wrinkle to his game that makes me think I don't really know him as well as I thought.

If the odds were even in a 3-round fight, who would you feel the most comfortable betting $5 on?

Evloev is flawed, and I can never tell how good Bryce really is cuz he seems to improve each fight, or at least show a new wrinkle to his game that makes me think I don't really know him as well as I thought.

If the odds were even in a 3-round fight, who would you feel the most comfortable betting $5 on?
Bryce for me tbh

For my Aussie boys, I am betting Gina Gee on Eternal MMA tonight at 2.65. Only on Neds

Mitchell is my gut reaction. If only because I think he's a better scrambler. Evloev is the better pure wrestler but Bryce seems to have that feel that special grapplers have that allows them to find advantageous positions regardless of how a scramble is going.

But it's far from a confident pick.

I'm maybe gonna be against a lot on here but I just made a pretty big play on Islam at -150 vs Olives. Tough for me to pull that trigger in a way because Charles has been a printing press for $ for me over the past couple years. But as good as he is, imo Islam is one of those generational grapplers. Maybe a better grappler even than Khabib. Reports from all the years at AKA where that Islam would get the better of Khabib pretty often.

Before the fight was made and BFO just had it in potential future events, the lone lines posted had Islam at around -400. Which is absurd of course. But to me anyway, the wins Charles has had (while unquestionably impressive) don't fundamentally change my view of this fight.

Basically, Charles will not stop Islam from taking him down. And while Charles bjj off his back is fantastic, it's not good enough to overcome Islam's top pressure and overall grappling brilliance. And Islam has shown he can keep it up deep into fights.

Charles will have chances for sure. He's much better standing. The sub is always a possibility, Although FAR less likely vs a grappling savant like Islam.

In the end, with how much odds have come down i have to bet Islam here. I think this is the last time we ever see him at odds this narrow.

I'm maybe gonna be against a lot on here but I just made a pretty big play on Islam at -150 vs Olives. Tough for me to pull that trigger in a way because Charles has been a printing press for $ for me over the past couple years. But as good as he is, imo Islam is one of those generational grapplers. Maybe a better grappler even than Khabib. Reports from all the years at AKA where that Islam would get the better of Khabib pretty often.

Before the fight was made and BFO just had it in potential future events, the lone lines posted had Islam at around -400. Which is absurd of course. But to me anyway, the wins Charles has had (while unquestionably impressive) don't fundamentally change my view of this fight.

Basically, Charles will not stop Islam from taking him down. And while Charles bjj off his back is fantastic, it's not good enough to overcome Islam's top pressure and overall grappling brilliance. And Islam has shown he can keep it up deep into fights.

Charles will have chances for sure. He's much better standing. The sub is always a possibility, Although FAR less likely vs a grappling savant like Islam.

In the end, with how much odds have come down i have to bet Islam here. I think this is the last time we ever see him at odds this narrow.

On the same and I think he makes it look relatively easy to control Chuck.

Someone needs to make CW thread, but T. Williams over 41 year old Harris in the co main is insane value

I like the lines on JJ Ambrose and John De Jesus, both reasonably juicy but should both win pretty comfortably imo.

Whoa,my local bookies opened Tray at 3,30,such a shame they put low limit to it,couldn't put more than thisIMG_20220922_080517.jpg

cj vergara at 3.5 odds vs Tatsuro Taira is a great spot. Taira is very unproven and Vergara was very impressive in his last fight vs Kleydson Rodrigues. THis fight should be more like Pick'em odds.

thats what I got him at last night. He dropped down to 3.00, then money came back on Harris??? it was so weird. I then woke up and it was pick em
Strange.He keeps getting down on 365,is now on 1,68 and Harris is becoming more of a dog.What do you cap them at anyways?

Strange.He keeps getting down on 365,is now on 1,68 and Harris is becoming more of a dog.What do you cap them at anyways?
i had Williams as a favourite personally. Dosent really reflect in my bet, just have over 1.5u on him

Back