General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

@BigSteve I hate to suggest taping low level WMMA but I think Suvi Salmimmies is far too big a dog against Ekaterina Shakalova on the FEN show at the weekend and was wondering if I could get some confirmation bias lol.

@BigSteve I hate to suggest taping low level WMMA but I think Suvi Salmimmies is far too big a dog against Ekaterina Shakalova on the FEN show at the weekend and was wondering if I could get some confirmation bias lol.
What the hell is FEN haha? Tell ya what I won't have lines or bet it, but Il tape it for you if you can link me some fights

What the hell is FEN haha? Tell ya what I won't have lines or bet it, but Il tape it for you if you can link me some fights

You're a legend mate. FEN is just one of the 2nd tier Polish promotions. It's where Mateusz Rebecki who's on Contenders later this year fights.

I'll at least timestamp the starts of the fight for you haha.

That ones just highlights, there's a video from a shit angle though.

This is the fight that makes me think Salmimmies shouldn't be as big a dog as she is against at the time hot grappling prospect Mafalda Carmona who's lost against since but against Melissa Dixon, who's really good (Recently beat Rizlan Zouak easily).

I kinda suspect that Suvi might have good enough TDD to keep it on the feet and I don't think Ekaterina is that good there. Suvi is a 4.0 dog at the moment, I feel like Ekaterina should maybe be a slight favourite, but that the line is very wide.

You're a legend mate. FEN is just one of the 2nd tier Polish promotions. It's where Mateusz Rebecki who's on Contenders later this year fights.

I'll at least timestamp the starts of the fight for you haha.

That ones just highlights, there's a video from a shit angle though.

This is the fight that makes me think Salmimmies shouldn't be as big a dog as she is against at the time hot grappling prospect Mafalda Carmona who's lost against since but against Melissa Dixon, who's really good (Recently beat Rizlan Zouak easily).

I kinda suspect that Suvi might have good enough TDD to keep it on the feet and I don't think Ekaterina is that good there. Suvi is a 4.0 dog at the moment, I feel like Ekaterina should maybe be a slight favourite, but that the line is very wide.

You can't go wrong with fading big favorites on low lvl WMMA. Usually, I would tape more to see her off her back and getups etc. In that fight you linked me she seemed ok against the cage, got up ASAP but I figure her opponent is real bad. The problem is she could get stuck against cage for a bit and her opponent is Ukraninan. Judges will favour her trust me lol. I would sprinkle it a bit

You can't go wrong with fading big favorites on low lvl WMMA. Usually, I would tape more to see her off her back and getups etc. In that fight you linked me she seemed ok against the cage, got up ASAP but I figure her opponent is real bad. The problem is she could get stuck against cage for a bit and her opponent is Ukraninan. Judges will favour her trust me lol. I would sprinkle it a bit

Thanks man, didn't think of the Ukrainian factor.

This finally aged well lol. Thought i was on crazy pills seeing so many people on Vettori.

People must've been believing Vettori's claims that Whittaker is past his prime and not hungry lol. I don't know where anyone expected Vettori to beat Whittaker, Rob's takedown defense is outstanding and his striking is superior.

I like Hernandez at -168 against Marc-Andre. Marc-Andre got wrestlefucked by Park Jun Young who got wrestlefucked and tapped by Hernandez, and Hernandez has great cardio and is good at mixing his striking with his grappling.

Also think Mcmann is a steal at +110 against Ladd. Its worth taking the line just to fade Ladd at underdog odds, but I also think that Mcmann will be the clear round winner and will take at least 2 of the 3 rounds with her wrestling against Ladd. Ladd needs a finish against Mcmann imo, and I will easily bet against that at dog money.

Also think Mcmann is a steal at +110 against Ladd. Its worth taking the line just to fade Ladd at underdog odds, but I also think that Mcmann will be the clear round winner and will take at least 2 of the 3 rounds with her wrestling against Ladd. Ladd needs a finish against Mcmann imo, and I will easily bet against that at dog money.

She's also 41 years old. I think the odds will be wider imo.

Esparza +265 vs Zhang. Obviously Zhang should be favored here, but Carlas grappling can def make this closer.

Look at the thread again lol, there were many people on Vettori.

I've read the entire forum a lot of people may have said they liked him but actually bet on him under the official bet page not a single person now I do realize not everyone posts there bets there a lot of people like Captcheesecake just says there bets after the event ended lol

Meh, after giving some more thought and tape, it is more possible that Ladd can find a random rear naked choke or end up on top and ground and pound out Mcmann than I first evaluated. Ladd has better grappling than I gave her credit, that and her retard strength are her two best points actually, and they absolutely could come into play in this matchup against Mcmann's wrestling, flakiness, and advanced age.

Last edited:
Meh, after giving some more thought and tape, it is more possible that Ladd can find a random rear naked choke or end up on top and ground and pound out Mcmann than I first evaluated. Ladd has betting grappling than I gave her credit, that and her retard strength are her two best points actually, and they absolutely could come into play in this matchup against Mcmann's wrestling, flakiness, and advanced age.
McMann gives up so many fights where she is winning. She is the most frustrating fighter to bet on ever....

I bet Sarah last time but Aspen is prime to turn the tables in the second round on her and get a finish.

McMann gives up so many fights where she is winning. She is the most frustrating fighter to bet on ever....

She's a very good wrestler by WMMA standards, but a TERRIBLE scrambler and absolutely quits if she's put in a bad spot. If she has top position and gets swept for example, it's almost a lock that she's gonna get finished shortly thereafter. She's the kind of WMMA fighter that when she wins, she looks like she should have been -500 in a fight that was a pick 'em. But like you said, she flakes so often that it's a pattern and has to be taken into account.

She's a very good wrestler by WMMA standards, but a TERRIBLE scrambler and absolutely quits if she's put in a bad spot. If she has top position and gets swept for example, it's almost a lock that she's gonna get finished shortly thereafter. She's the kind of WMMA fighter that when she wins, she looks like she should have been -500 in a fight that was a pick 'em. But like you said, she flakes so often that it's a pattern and has to be taken into account.

Pre bet sara at dog odds. Wait one round. Hedge. Profit.
Rinse and repeat. She’s one of the most dominant and consistent fighters ive seen at winning round 1.

Back