General MMA discussion and future lines - August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think its safe to say only a matter of time before Khabib vs Eddie is official

I'll be all over Eddie

Hard one for me can khabib implement his wrestling? Defo like over 2.5.
If I'm not mistaken Eddie has statistically one of the best tdd at LW. And I think Khabib is not as good as his fans/media would have you believe when he's at range. I swear some MMA media likes to act like Khabib is a surefire great LW, but I see him struggling terribly when someone stops those tds and keeps their back off the fence. I think Eddie is that guy

Last edited:
That fight with gleison was mostly a striking affair and gleison took that to a split

That fight with gleison was mostly a striking affair and gleison took that to a split
Yep, and even in that Horcher fight for the first few mins before Khabib got the takedown he really didn't look all that great

i just realised bendo is fighting the smaller pitbull brother at the next bellator rather than his lightweight brother. godamn that's going to be a massacre.

i just realised bendo is fighting the smaller pitbull brother at the next bellator rather than his lightweight brother. godamn that's going to be a massacre.
Idk, think it will pretty competitive

Idk, think it will pretty competitive

Still trying to figure out if Koreshkov is really that good, or if Bendo's best days are way in his rearview mirror.

Maybe a bit of both?

Still trying to figure out if Koreshkov is really that good, or if Bendo's best days are way in his rearview mirror.

Maybe a bit of both?
Koreshkov is amazing. Not sold Benson's best days are behind him, he just really doesn't belong at WW. Patricio really doesn't belong at LW lol but I think his short stature will make it hard for Bendo to score tds + hes a great scrambler. On the feet its gonna come down to how successful Patricio is at getting in the pocket to land punches where hes comfortable. Should be a fun, competitive fight, but do favor Benson. Definitely don't see it as completely one sided

Erick Silva vs. Brandon Thatch at UFC Fight Night 95.

Essentially, it's loser leaves town. A battle of the guys who were thought to be top prospects, but who have shown several holes in their game.

Erick Silva vs. Brandon Thatch at UFC Fight Night 95.

Essentially, it's loser leaves town. A battle of the guys who were thought to be top prospects, but who have shown several holes in their game.
Lol Can I fade both of them somehow

Lol Can I fade both of them somehow
who is gonna have the worst ped comedown?

ceafc1ae482401e23cc0f91502b4566c.jpeg

i don't follow, what's wrong w/it?
Dias is usually boring + coming off a loss vs one of the more exciting prospects in the division. Idk, it could be worse but definitely could be better too.

Will be a serious buzzkill if Hacran manages to clinch hug and/or lay on him for 3 rounds. Honestly though, I think we're in for yet another Ortega round 3 finish

Thanks.

So ANY other scenario? Fighter Y winning by KO pays? Fighter X winning by sub pays? Etc?
No, fighter X winning by sub is winning ITD. So if you bet "NOT fighter X ITD", your bet only loses if fighter X gets a TKO or SUB.

Edit or if fighter Y gets disqualified I think

Last edited:
Dias is usually boring + coming off a loss vs one of the more exciting prospects in the division. Idk, it could be worse but definitely could be better too.

Will be a serious buzzkill if Hacran manages to clinch hug and/or lay on him for 3 rounds. Honestly though, I think we're in for yet another Ortega round 3 finish

I think Ortega would be happy if Dias tried to LNP for 3 rounds :) Man I really like Ortega as he has great fight IQ and knows how to get the finish. I agree about hitting Ortega r3. Ortega might be my fave guy to watch right now. If he can improve his striking and kicking game he will be a real force.

That is one thing I don't like about the Rener Gracie crew. They are so into BJJ that they seem to discourage striking and getting good at it. If your only focus is BJJ then you kinda become predictable.

is Dias prone to gassing by any chance? i usually mentally check out during his fights and i cant remember

is Dias prone to gassing by any chance? i usually mentally check out during his fights and i cant remember
He slows down. Wouldn't say he full on gasses, but definitely slows.

I think Ortega would be happy if Dias tried to LNP for 3 rounds :) Man I really like Ortega as he has great fight IQ and knows how to get the finish. I agree about hitting Ortega r3. Ortega might be my fave guy to watch right now. If he can improve his striking and kicking game he will be a real force.

That is one thing I don't like about the Rener Gracie crew. They are so into BJJ that they seem to discourage striking and getting good at it. If your only focus is BJJ then you kinda become predictable.
yeah I love Ortega but hes such a hard prospect to grasp. Never seen someone so consistently lose 2 rounds and then finish in the last lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back