gegard vs andy > gsp vs andy?

Mousasi is the perfect opponent for Anderson to fight.
Anderson has never faced a really high level striker, and Mousasi is one of the most technical strikers in MMA.
He spars and trains with Hollands best kickboxers (including Gokhan Saki) and he has trained with Fedor numerous times. He has fought in K-1 (even in the HW division)

He has also never been hurt, dropped and I can't even remember the last time that he took a clean punch because of his outstanding defense.
He is also about the same size as Anderson Silva and their height difference is only 1 inch.

Mousasi vs Anderson is the best title fight to make at 185 imo
Better than the Weidman fight

Maybe you should stop looking at who he has beat and look at how he beat them. His fights are rarely competitive.

I look like Lebron James when i play basketball with my little cousin, those games are rarely competitive too. "Its not how many fights you've had, its who you've fought."

Anderson vs GSP = Fantasy and will never happen, let it go and hope for more realistic options. ie. Mousasi.

Therefore, Mousasi is more interesting since it can actually happen

Mousasi is the perfect opponent for Anderson to fight.
Anderson has never faced a really high level striker, and Mousasi is one of the most technical strikers in MMA.
He spars and trains with Hollands best kickboxers (including Gokhan Saki) and he has trained with Fedor numerous times. He has fought in K-1 (even in the HW division)

He has also never been hurt, dropped and I can't even remember the last time that he took a clean punch because of his outstanding defense.
He is also about the same size as Anderson Silva and their height difference is only 1 inch.

Mousasi vs Anderson is the best title fight to make at 185 imo
Better than the Weidman fight

Ah, the myth of the K-1 striker. :rolleyes: Seriously, this is just a bunch of hype. All you have to do is watch Anderson, and then go watch Mousasi fight, and it's painfully obvious who the better striker is. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Matching them up would be a waste of time at this point, and Silva isn't getting any younger.

Mousasi would definitely stand a better chance against Anderson than GSP would.

Anderson vs GSP = Fantasy and will never happen, let it go and hope for more realistic options. ie. Mousasi.

Therefore, Mousasi is more interesting since it can actually happen

I must admit, you do have a point. :icon_lol:

Sadly, it will never happen.

I don't get how people could think this would be a good match up. Gegard can't take Silva down, and he would get mangled on the feet. GSP would at least present some stylistic difficulties.

What makes you think Mousasi can't take Silva down? What makes you think Mousasi NEEDS to take Silva down? Mangled?

Silva has never fought anybody with anywhere near the striking prowess of Mousasi.

Can Silva take Mousasi down? If so, can Silva avoid being submitted?

Ah, the myth of the K-1 striker. :rolleyes: Seriously, this is just a bunch of hype. All you have to do is watch Anderson, and then go watch Mousasi fight, and it's painfully obvious who the better striker is. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Matching them up would be a waste of time at this point, and Silva isn't getting any younger.

lol myth of K-1?

Musashi is a hw and he is a great striker

1330335882_Musashi_Musashi-K1.jpg

You don't just defeat Sem Schillt in a K-1 fight

Mousasi also defeated a pro kick/boxer in Kyotaro who is by no means a can since he has KO'd Melvin Manhoef.

When I watch Anderson Silva fight, all I see is fighters who are scared shitless except for Chael Sonnen.
Again, Anderson has never faced a striker like Mousasi and this fight would be way more competitive than most people think.

It really sucks knowing Gegard has finally signed with the UFC, and we will most likely never see him and Anderson face off.

I actually think GSP-Silva would be more competitive because GSP would make Anderson worry about takedowns.

Mousasi-Anderson would be a one-sided beatdown. Anderson would out-strike Gegard easily. Mousasi doesn't have the wrestling to threaten Silva. Silva would be able to put on a pure striking clinic.

lol myth of K-1?

Musashi is a hw and he is a great striker

1330335882_Musashi_Musashi-K1.jpg

You don't just defeat Sem Schillt in a K-1 fight

Mousasi also defeated a pro kick/boxer in Kyotaro who is by no means a can since he has KO'd Melvin Manhoef.

When I watch Anderson Silva fight, all I see is fighters who are scared shitless except for Chael Sonnen.
Again, Anderson has never faced a striker like Mousasi and this fight would be way more competitive than most people think.

isn't kyatoro the current k-1 hw champion?

I actually think GSP-Silva would be more competitive because GSP would make Anderson worry about takedowns.

Mousasi-Anderson would be a one-sided beatdown. Anderson would out-strike Gegard easily. Mousasi doesn't have the wrestling to threaten Silva. Silva would be able to put on a pure striking clinic.

I can clearly see that you have never seen Mousasi fight.

I do think that Anderson will win but by no means will this be an easy fight for him.
Mousasi is no Bonnar or Griffin to make Anderson like a god amongst others.

Mousasi has never been outstruck or even hit clean at mw, lhw even hw
and none were agaisnt cans.

It really sucks knowing Gegard has finally signed with the UFC, and we will most likely never see him and Anderson face off.

i'm honestly not surprised, all things considered. silva and his management have made it known that they're only interested in fights where the spider would be an overwhelming favorite.

I can clearly see that you have never seen Mousasi fight.

I do think that Anderson will win but by no means will this be an easy fight for him.
Mousasi is no Bonnar or Griffin to make Anderson like a god amongst others.

Mousasi has never been outstruck or even hit clean at mw, lhw even hw
and none were agaisnt cans.

silva nuthuggers/zuffa zombies really putting there ignorance on display, huh?

i would rather see gegard vs anderson!!! to see whos mma striking would prevail!! i always thought mousasi is the one to take out silva or would like to see anderson vs cung le!! i think cung could do it!!

are you high? Cung le?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What makes you think Mousasi can't take Silva down? What makes you think Mousasi NEEDS to take Silva down? Mangled?

Silva has never fought anybody with anywhere near the striking prowess of Mousasi.

Can Silva take Mousasi down? If so, can Silva avoid being submitted?

Mousasi won't be able to take Silva down because his wrestling isn't very good.

Mousasi won't beat Silva on the feet because his striking simply isn't up to par. I'm not basing this off of K-1 credentials, which say very little about MMA striking, I'm basing it off of seeing both of them in the cage and recognizing Anderson's complete superiority. Mousasi has faced subpar competition compared to Silva, and struggled significantly moreso.

I'm not saying Mousasi is a bad striker, but he is a ridiculously overrated one. It's understandable, though. When someone looks promising outside of the UFC, their skills tend to get completely blown out of proportion. The Gus fight is a good matchup for right now, and should be competitive.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back