gegard vs andy > gsp vs andy?

deluxeh0

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Do you guys think this is a more exciting match up? Both guys will stand and the more technical fighter will win. Most likely andy if his age doesn't catch up.

thoughts?

might be a slightly more competitive fight, but not one I would rather see.

i would rather see gegard vs anderson!!! to see whos mma striking would prevail!! i always thought mousasi is the one to take out silva or would like to see anderson vs cung le!! i think cung could do it!!

Part of wanting to see Silva v GSP is in order to witness GSP's destruction. But Mousasi would make a more entertaining fight.

gegard fans are annoying, stop hyping a fighter that doesn't even wanna fight at 185

Shot answer:

No

Longer answer:

No, I do not think so. You can't even compare the magnitude of two p4p greats going at for historic relevance, excitement witnessing it in your time, revenue,greatest skill level, longevity, aura of invincibility, etc., to a potential fun fight with an unknown, not highly-ranked kick boxer who has yet to prove himself.

i would rather see gegard vs anderson!!! to see whos mma striking would prevail!! i always thought mousasi is the one to take out silva or would like to see anderson vs cung le!! i think cung could do it!!

is this guy serious? as would absolutely crush Cung Le man what are you on?

What? Fuck no. Mousasi's biggest wins are Hunt, Lombard, and Manhoef. The only impressive one of those is Lombard, who has looked fairly meh since joining the UFC.

I dont get the Mousasi hype at all.

I'd be excited about Silva v Mousasi, but it wouldn't have near the hype of a Silva vs GSP fight, especially not with the casual fan.

Didn't Mousasi just Draw with Jardine and lose to King mo

Anderson Silva vs GSP by a mile.

Style wise gegard vs silva is better. Historical significance wise Gsp vs silva by a long mile.

I don't get how people could think this would be a good match up. Gegard can't take Silva down, and he would get mangled on the feet. GSP would at least present some stylistic difficulties.

Mousasi/Silva is the fight I have been wanting for years. It obviously would not have the mainstream appeal of GSP/Silva, but it is a compelling matchup.

Too bad it won't happen. Mousasi would test Silva in a big way.

Back