• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Gegard says PFL is the worst promotion he's ever worked for.

Should Gegard Mousasi resign with the UFC ?

• Total voters
ufc is off this weekend. The pfl takes advantage of an open weekend by being off as well. Brilliant
This criticism has always annoyed me. These other companies aren't sitting around waiting for the UFC to be done scheduling, and then rushing to book venues and put their own cards together. That's not how any of this works.

I've seen people give Bellator shit for being on the same weekend as a UFC card, even though Bellator's card was announced first.

This criticism has always annoyed me. These other companies aren't sitting around waiting for the UFC to be done scheduling, and then rushing to book venues and put their own cards together. That's not how any of this works.

I've seen people give Bellator shit for being on the same weekend as a UFC card, even though Bellator's card was announced first.
Ufc hasn’t schedule an event on Memorial Day weekend in 8 yrs. 2 dates that they can clearly take advantage of and they don’t. Memorial Day weekend and the night of the Abu Dubai card. They never do

“Occasionally we’ll have a fighter grumble,” Davis said on the “Weighing In” podcast with John McCarthy and Josh Thomson. “It’s one of 205 (fighters we acquired from Bellator). You expect five to 10 percent issues on any deal. You can’t be perfect. You can be 90 to 95 percent. We’ve had a handful of people say, ‘Oh, I wish it went this way, I wish it went that way.’ I’m delighted. I’m very, very proud of how we treated our fighters. How we treat our employees. Most of all, the product. We just completed our second (Bellator show) in Paris, which was awesome. We didn’t sit on this for six months. We didn’t take a year off. We didn’t lay off 100 fighters. All the stuff that always happens in all acquisitions. So I just could not be more proud.

“I’ll say two things: One, what I’m super proud of is the market, and anyone you talk to – fighters, business partners, media, mangers – we’re direct, fair and reasonable. 100 percent. That’s my 35 years in business. That’s the culture we’ve built here. So I will say, without commenting out of respect on individual negotiations and specifics situations – we’re direct, fair and reasonable with everybody that we deal with. Will everybody’s contract be honored? Of course. Do some people have different ideas of what works and what doesn’t work? Sure. But we’re fair and reasonable with everybody. Will all 205 fighters (from Bellator) have everything fall the way they want? No.”

Donn Davis is so fucking unlikeable

“Occasionally we’ll have a fighter grumble,” Davis said on the “Weighing In” podcast with John McCarthy and Josh Thomson. “It’s one of 205 (fighters we acquired from Bellator). You expect five to 10 percent issues on any deal. You can’t be perfect. You can be 90 to 95 percent. We’ve had a handful of people say, ‘Oh, I wish it went this way, I wish it went that way.’ I’m delighted. I’m very, very proud of how we treated our fighters. How we treat our employees. Most of all, the product. We just completed our second (Bellator show) in Paris, which was awesome. We didn’t sit on this for six months. We didn’t take a year off. We didn’t lay off 100 fighters. All the stuff that always happens in all acquisitions. So I just could not be more proud.

“I’ll say two things: One, what I’m super proud of is the market, and anyone you talk to – fighters, business partners, media, mangers – we’re direct, fair and reasonable. 100 percent. That’s my 35 years in business. That’s the culture we’ve built here. So I will say, without commenting out of respect on individual negotiations and specifics situations – we’re direct, fair and reasonable with everybody that we deal with. Will everybody’s contract be honored? Of course. Do some people have different ideas of what works and what doesn’t work? Sure. But we’re fair and reasonable with everybody. Will all 205 fighters (from Bellator) have everything fall the way they want? No.”

he thinks he’s a good bullshitter/politicians. He’s clearly not. Most people can see right through him

It's sucks because Gegard has done enough in the sport to get fights and get paid what he signed for.

PFL doesn't identify value in paying him that much per fight because he's almost 40 and well past his prime.

It sucks because it seems that othe PFL fighters are happy with how they're being treated and paid by the PFL.

I hope they can sort this out.

Fighters are 100% happy with the way we treat them.

Apart from Mousasi

Oh and Cyborg

Oh and Baki

Oh and Schulte

Oh and Homasi

Oh and Manfio

Oh and Lima

But yes fighters are 100% happy

I mean bellator was obviously the better brand and they relegated it to some international event that you cant even watch in the US. Top that with them sucking off the Saudis all the time and your surprised this organization is terrible? They were giving away 2 for 1 at their event in vegas, the night before a giant UFC event. It should have been a slam dunk for them to fill up a smaller arena with that many MMA fans in town. It was about 65% full, BKFC in LA had way more people at their event.

"We have 62 total employees and this year we’ll do 30 events on four continents,"

Donn Davis will drive this company to the ground. Talking like this is a good thing makes them look foolish.

This is retarded. Of course they should try to take advantage of the fact the UFC has an off week. They could get fans like myself who typically only ever watch the UFC to quench their thirst for MMA by watching the PFL this week instead being that there is no UFC. It could gain their promotion interest and potentially steal viewership from the UFC. IF the two promotions had a more even fanbase I might agree with you but with the numbers the PFL pulls they should be doing everything in their power to steal fans from the UFC to watch their product.

I heard of a fighter who fought out his UFC contract after hearing that the PFL had interest in him and would sign him. (Pre PFL purchase of Bellator) He fought out his contract and PFL bought Bellator then radio silence from the PFL.

For as little as the UFC pays their entry and mid level guys I guess the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

At least he got his wish granted.
I wonder where he goes next.

I mean bellator was obviously the better brand and they relegated it to some international event that you cant even watch in the US. Top that with them sucking off the Saudis all the time and your surprised this organization is terrible? They were giving away 2 for 1 at their event in vegas, the night before a giant UFC event. It should have been a slam dunk for them to fill up a smaller arena with that many MMA fans in town. It was about 65% full, BKFC in LA had way more people at their event.

"We have 62 total employees and this year we’ll do 30 events on four continents,"

Donn Davis will drive this company to the ground. Talking like this is a good thing makes them look foolish.

I watched it on Max which I have for free though my cell phone company.

Back