Robbie b

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
LATEST NEWS MMA INTERVIEW
Gegard Mousasi says he would drop to 185 if offered Anderson Silva
By Steph Daniels on Jan 8, 9:00a
Esther Lin for Strikeforce
Strikeforce light heavyweight star, Gegard Mousasi, discusses upcoming fight with Mike Kyle and future options.

FACEBOOK

TWITTER
I believe he should fight at that weight anyway. It would make mw that much more interesting.

LATEST NEWS MMA INTERVIEW
Gegard Mousasi says he would drop to 185 if offered Anderson Silva
By Steph Daniels on Jan 8, 9:00a
Esther Lin for Strikeforce
Strikeforce light heavyweight star, Gegard Mousasi, discusses upcoming fight with Mike Kyle and future options.

FACEBOOK

TWITTER
I believe he should fight at that weight anyway. It would make mw that much more interesting.

He's crazy if he thinks that he's going to get a direct shot at Anderson. Gegard is very much an unknown these days. Sure he has a great record, but it's been many years since we've seen him at 185.

I'd like to see him fight Vitor as his first UFC fight at MW. I expect he wins that fight, and then maybe he could face Anderson.

What about a rematch fight with Lombard first. Winner would make a pretty solid argument for next #1 contender after bisping's shot.

He's gonna have to do better than a draw agaisnt Jardine.

Nice so would a lot of fighters. What have you done for us lately?

Well, if you want to challenge a champion, that's what you must first do.

Why not just go back to 185 completely? Would be a good addition to the division.

Let Mousasi get a nice win under his belt. You will all be right back on his nuts..

Last edited:
Now thats a fight I'd really be looking forward to.
Good test for AS. Mousasi would be undoubtedly the best striker he has ever faced. Also way more intersted to see that fight than a Biesping fight.
Lets do it!!!

185 is definitely the best weight division for him size wise, it is also the weaker of the two (185/205) so fighting at 185 is the easier route to a title shot.

gegard is not that well known so will need at least 3 good wins in the UFC before getting his shot. he also needs to train at a big camp and cut weight the right way.

before mousasi lost to king mo, i thought that anderson was the fight that made the most sense. then they were saying that mousasi couldn't make 185 anymore which i thought was bull.

i am intrigued by this fight, but mousasi has to go on at least a 2 fight roll in the ufc against a top 10er and then a top 5er before he could get a shot, imo.

A draw against Jardine and a loss to Mo get you nothing. Mousasi is talented, but one of the most overrated guys (I really hate to use that word) in mma.

Let Mousasi get nice win under his belt. You will all be right back on his nuts..

Why do people need to be "on his nuts"? He's a talented fighter who hasn't been fighting much lately, and hasn't shown a very complete skill set since coming to the US. Now he's talking about training correctly for the first time, motivation, and all his potential, when what we want to see is if his cardio and defensive wrestling has improved.

i still dont get why everyone is on his nuts. hes good but ive seen his named mentioned as decent chances against anderson and bones. i just find it laughable.

i like him, but hes not top 10 in lhw and hasnt fought at 185 for years

A draw against Jardine and a loss to Mo get you nothing. Mousasi is talented, but one of the most overrated guys (I really hate to use that word) in mma.

I hate using that word too, but thats the truth with this guy. I get the feeling most people be on his nuts because he hangs with Fedor.

185 is definitely the best weight division for him size wise, it is also the weaker of the two (185/205) so fighting at 185 is the easier route to a title shot.

gegard is not that well known so will need at least 3 good wins in the UFC before getting his shot. he also needs to train at a big camp and cut weight the right way.

Well everyone on here saying what he deserves and not ranking wise are right.

But dont u think 3 fights is a bit too many? I mean i does not all come down to rankings or at least it should not.

Of course, there should be a tune up fight, let him fight Shogun as a welcome in the UFC. Rua will definitely test both his stand up (cause for all I've read on here these past days it seems it still needs proving) and his GG. If he wins, than why not fight AS? If he loses it will make him realize where he stands in the UFC and he would be able to go back and correct what he doesnt do right. He's 27 and he's been a to fighter for a long time now. UFC needs fighters like him

And one more thing about the rankings. Many people (I in this count) were calling out for Hunt v JDS instead of Mir v JDS cause for everyone who watches MMA for more than an year it was pretty obvious how the Mir fight would play out. Whereas the Hunt fight was a lot more intriguing (match up wise)...than the ranking talks came in and we had to watch the one sided beatdown that everyone expected. Well thank u rankings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back