Gegard Mousasi would drop to 185 for Anderson fight

I hate using that word too, but thats the truth with this guy. I get the feeling most people be on his nuts because he hangs with Fedor.

I agree. Though, "hanging with Fedor" doesn't really carry the mystic it once did. "Baby Fedor" is a mediocre fighter and steroid cheat, while Aleks has been fighting in Russia with Hep C for years - hardly the pantheon of greats that some would like us to believe.

He would get lit up. The only fighter that I think holds a real challenge to Anderson is Jones.

Well everyone on here saying what he deserves and not ranking wise are right.

But dont u think 3 fights is a bit too many? I mean i does not all come down to rankings or at least it should not.

Of course, there should be a tune up fight, let him fight Shogun as a welcome in the UFC. Rua will definitely test both his stand up (cause for all I've read on here these past days it seems it still needs proving) and his GG. If he wins, than why not fight AS? If he loses it will make him realize where he stands in the UFC and he would be able to go back and correct what he doesnt do right. He's 27 and he's been a to fighter for a long time now. UFC needs fighters like him

Maybe Gegard should fight someone at MW if he wants to fight Anderson?

i still dont get why everyone is on his nuts. hes good but ive seen his named mentioned as decent chances against anderson and bones. i just find it laughable.

i like him, but hes not top 10 in lhw and hasnt fought at 185 for years

He cant beat JJ because of lack of enough size and wrestling. JJ will take him down at will and most likely TKO him. Same will happen if he faces Shad and probably Davis.
However he makes a good match up for AS for his MT is really good and the fight will most likely be all about the striking.

i still dont get why everyone is on his nuts. hes good but ive seen his named mentioned as decent chances against anderson and bones. i just find it laughable.

He has wins over Babalu, Hunto, Jacare, Soko, Lombard, Manhoef, Cyborg, and Kang.

He definitely does not deserve a shot at Silva, but he's not overrated.

Mousasi really should be fighting at 185, but I don't think he beats Anderson.

Mousasi has WAY better chance against Anderson than Lombard, Bisping, Vitor and every other contender except Weidman.

Maybe Gegard should fight someone at MW if he wants to fight Anderson?

LHW is better talent-wise right now. In the interview posted earlier today (or was it yday) on here he talks about fighting the likes of Shogun and Gus.
Plus if he beats Shogun I doubt the ranking experts would cry about AS fight for he'll have a top 5 win in the upper weight class which should count for something

Well, asking for a title fight to drop a weight class worked for Edgar, will probably work for Cormier so why not try it?

He's crazy if he thinks that he's going to get a direct shot at Anderson. Gegard is very much an unknown these days. Sure he has a great record, but it's been many years since we've seen him at 185.

I'd like to see him fight Vitor as his first UFC fight at MW. I expect he wins that fight, and then maybe he could face Anderson.

If he proves himself as a LHW (i.e., beats at least one top 5 opponent), maybe Dana would let him cut to MW without beating other contenders. But there's no way he'll walk into the UFC and get a shot.

I see him having a better shot at beating MW contenders, though. There are a lot of good, big wrestlers at LHW. But I don't know how well he can make that cut.

He doesn't deserve an instant shot at Anderson but if he were to get one he would be finished by Anderson.

He wouldn't get a shot at him from 205. He lost a lot of the buzz he had 3 years ago due to lack of dominant performances and no real marquee wins. Even if he wins a top fight or two at 205 in the UFC he would not get a direct title shot coming down.

He has wins over Babalu, Hunto, Jacare, Soko, Lombard, Manhoef, Cyborg, and Kang.

Plus he utterly destroyed Jardine. Keith looked like JDS after second Cain fight

LHW is better talent-wise right now. In the interview posted earlier today (or was it yday) on here he talks about fighting the likes of Shogun and Gus.
Plus if he beats Shogun I doubt the ranking experts would cry about AS fight for he'll have a top 5 win in the upper weight class which should count for something

Is Shogun really top 5 still? If so, LHW is starting to get shallow. I think the problem with a Shogun fight leading to Anderson, is that it doesn't answer the question of how he handles the cut to 185. If Gegard can't make 185 without getting "Dan Henderson" cardio, beating Shogun is meaningless.

I agree that Gegard with good cardio is a really bad match up for Anderson.

I actually think he stands a chance against Anderson... About 25%

Jardine after the Mousasi fight

keith-jardine-post-fight-mousasi.png

King Mo after the Mousasi fight

5_mma_100418_strikeforce_mo_preview.jpg

Agenst Jones I'm not really seeing it due to the disparity in wrestling ability although I could see him putting up a good fight off his back.

Agenst Anderson Mousasi's takedown defence is really a non issue, if anything he's going to be the one threatening. Striiking wise he would be by far the best kickboxer Anderson has ever faced.

His cardio is still too much of an issue for me to take him seriously at the championship level. He was gassed by the third round again in his last fight and was getting fully mounted by OSP (someone who didn't wrestle beyond high school). If it went 5 rounds he could have blown it like he did against Mo.

on these boards he is constantly mentioned as a challenger to Anderson. a challenge to the GOAT definitely counts as overrated to me. seriously, everyone seems to rave about this guy and i just dont get it. i think the fact that he has avoided coming to the ufc for so long has built this mystique aroud him, whereas if hed come over 3-4 years ago when he was building a rep he would have been thrown in with guys that would have exposed him.

and youre really counting wins against Kang, Sokodjou and cyborg as ways to back up what youre saying? these are mediocre wins at best dude. hes good, but not top 10 at lhw or mw and until he comes to the ufc and beats a top 10 or maybe top 5 guy, i dont see him as a threat to either anderson as he wants to fight him, or jones who is the top 205er where he currently fights.

Back