Gegard Mousasi would drop to 185 for Anderson fight

get the f'ck out of here. mousasi's only recent blemishes were due to one guy lay and praying and another guy trying to lnp and receiving a gift draw. silva would have to exchange with mousasi, and gegard is the best striker silva would have ever faced. i'd take mousasi, but i doubt this fight would ever happen. silva and his management would be much happier fighting bisping or some also-ran from 205.

and now tell me if Mousasi has ever fought someone like Anderson. He couldn't finish St preux or Jardine but he's gonna beat Anderson? Really?
I would bet some good money on Anderson punching him square in the face, leaving him in fetal position and having the referee to stop that beating.

Last edited:
get the f'ck out of here. mousasi's only recent blemishes were due to one guy lay and praying and another guy trying to lnp and receiving a gift draw. silva would have to exchange with mousasi, and gegard is the best striker silva would have ever faced. i'd take mousasi, but i doubt this fight would ever happen. silva and his management would be much happier fighting bisping or some also-ran from 205.

People said the same about Vitor and look at what happened.

mma_silva2x_600.jpg

People will just NEVER learn.

mma_silva2x_600.jpg

Difference is Belfort is mentally fragile. I think he was defeated before he entered the cage with Anderson. Mousasi seems to have the personality of a cold blooded assassin. It would be a good fight though, in my opinion.

Anderson would put on a wrestling clinic against Mousasi!

mma_silva2x_600.jpg

Vitor probably was the best striker Anderson faced. Too bad Vitor really isn't as great of a striker as everyone makes him out to be.

Anderson is the clear favorite vs. Gegard here but comparing Mousassi's striking to Vitor's is ludicrous, especially from a technical perspective.

Either way Gegard needs to be in the UFC pronto. And a drop to 185 seems more than plausible at his height. He seems a bit undersized for LHW anyway, and I'm sure with the right diet and prep he could make the cut to 185 pretty easily again.

Mousasi's standup is overrated. He's damn good but his ground game is even better IMO

How is his standup overrated? 18 of 32 wins via KO, amateur boxing champion, win over Kyataro and Musashi.

I would pick him to win against most MMA strikers out there. If anything his ground game is overrated. While he has shown well roundedness he is a relative submission novice, and his wrestling needs tons of work.

Either way I would love for his first fight in the UFC to be against someone like Shogun.

Difference is Belfort is mentally fragile. I think he was defeated before he entered the cage with Anderson. Mousasi seems to have the personality of a cold blooded assassin. It would be a good fight though, in my opinion.

That's something we have no way of ever knowing. If a decisive win can be that easily excused away, then pretty soon nobody's record is legitimate. I know what you're referring to about Vitor, but I don't think it applies in this case anyway. Vitor is known for falling apart in the later rounds after being outwrestled early. Beating him on his feet is a different story.

and now tell me if Mousasi has ever fought someone like Anderson. He couldn't finish St preux or Jardine but he's gonna beat Anderson? Really?
I would bet some good money on Anderson punching him square in the face, leaving him in fetal position and having the referee to stop that beating.

your post makes no sense. it'd be like me saying, "anderson couldn't finish maia or leites but he's going to beat mousasi?"

mousasi has fought better stikers than anderson, including k-1 hw champ kytaro, and japanese k-1 champ musashi.

:icon_lol: at people bringing up belfort as if he's even in the same league as mousasi in terms of striking.

I like mousasi and all he's definetly really talented. But he's not beating anderson

Back